Chapter 43

Dangerously In Love (Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Beep beep beep!!! Beep beep!!!'

Momo and Mina were startled as motorcycle started honking like crazy behind them. When they turned around, they saw the motorcycle is going their direction at full speed.

"Get out of the way!" The driver shouted as he continued driving on the sidewalk. Apparently his breaks are not working so started losing control of the bike.

Mina was dumbfounded as she looked at the motorcycle fastly approaching her. Due to shock, it seems like her body froze. She wanted to get out of the way but her body won't move. All she can do is close her eyes expecting the vehicle to hit her.

3...
2..
1.......

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 43]

"Urgh!" Mina groaned as she hit the ground with a loud thud.

Am I still alive? She thought. She's afraid to open her eyes so she tried to feel her surroundings first. She can hear people talking. She moved her hand and tried to reach for her head but she touched something soft pressing against her body. She opened her eyes and saw Momo's face just a few inches from hers.

***
[Flashback]

"Get out of the way!" The driver shouted. Just a few meters away before the vehicle will hit Mina.

"Yah Mina move over!" Momo shouted but Mina just froze in her place and closed her eyes. "Aish!"

Momo quickly pulled her, wrapped her arms around Mina's head, hugged her, then leaned back making them fall on the safe side of the road to avoid the approaching vehicle. Mina ended on top of her and Momo received all the impact of the fall.

At the same time, the motorcyclist crashed on the opposite side trying to avoid them. He purposedly hit the post to stop the vehicle.

***

Mina realized she's on top of Momo so she quickly got up and sat on the ground. "Momo-ya, are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Oouuchh." Momo complained as she rolled to her side. After a few seconds, she got up. "Ya! Mina-ya are you crazy?!  Why did you just stand there and did nothing? Were you just waiting to be hit or something?!" She said in a very angry tone.

"I was—" Mina couldn't answer, still in shock with what happened. Everything happened so quickly that she can't even remember the details.

Momo went to the rider who's trying to get the motor off of him.

"And you ajhussi, what were you thinking speeding off on a sidewalk like that?! You almost killed someone!" She yelled furiously at the man.

The man was about to appologize but Momo already left and went back to Mina who's still sitting on the ground.

Momo calmed down as she saw how scared Mina is. She bent down and fixed Mina's hair. "Hey are you okay?"

Mina nodded in response. Momo helped her get up then fixed her clothes. The police just arrived and interviewed them. After giving out the details, they immediately got out from the scene.

Then they rode the bus. They were not talking to each other until they reached Mina's appartment.

"Mina-ya, go in and rest." Momo said. Mina was just looking at her with a worried expression. Momo knows Mina well enough that she can tell that she's worried about her even if she doesn't say anything.

Momo smiled and brushed Mina's hair to the side, then tucked it behind her ears. "I'm fine Mina-chan, I'm not injured or anything so don't give me that look."

As Momo raised her arm, Mina saw wounds that looks pretty serious. "Ya, you said you weren't hurt. Then what's this?" She grabbed it and pointed out the wound.

Momo pulled it back and tried to hide it. "Ah this? Nothing, don't mind this it's just a scratch." She said, smiling.

Mina knows that Momo has low pain tolerance and she's just bearing it. She sighed heavily then opened the door. "Come on in."

"Eh?"

"Wae? You don't want to?" Mina said raising her brows. "You're weird. You were very eager to come in before but now that I invited you, you don't want to."

"U—uhm it's not that. It's just so sudden. I'm just surprised that's all."

"I'm just going to treat your wounds so behave yourself." Mina went in leaving the door open. After a few seconds, Momo followed her inside. She sat on the couch and looked around.

"Wow, nothing's changed at all. I miss this place."

Mina ignored it and just went to get a glass of water and the first-aid kit. She gave the glass to Momo then sat beside her. "Give me your arm."

Momo didn't respond and just drank the water. Mina waited her to finish then grabbed her arm.

"Ouch! Slowly."

"Sorry." Then Mina held it more carefully. She examined it first then shook her head. "It hurts, doesn't it?" Momo nodded in response. "You're enduring it well. If this happened a few months ago you would've cried like a baby."

"Ya! I'm not a crybaby. I've changed now." Momo defended herself.

"I know. You've changed.....a lot." Mina replied in a cold/sad tone. Momo couldn't respond cause she knows it has a double meaning.

Then there was an awkward silence. Mina is now putting medicine on the wounds, one on the elbow and one on the wrist.

"Oouch!!" Momo complained. Mina immediately blew it to ease the pain.

That was a chance for Momo to stare at her, at the face that she missed a lot. Mina noticed and looked at her, their eyes met. They stared at each other for full five seconds, then Mina shifted her eyes.

She then put bandage on it making Momo groan. "Can you please be a bit more careful?"

"You still complain a lot. If you didn't save me, this wouldn't have happened to you."

"Then you would've been hurt instead. I would rather be in pain than see you hurt." Momo replied in a sincere tone.

"You've hurt me a lot of times already and now you're saying that?"

Momo didn't respond. Mina got up, took the first-aid kit and returned it.

"You should go." She said as she looked at Momo still sitting with her head down. There was no response so she repeated it. "You should go now Momi-ssi, it's late. Aunt will worry about you."

Momo hid her face and wiped her cheeks before raising her head. "Uh? Ah yeah." She got up and grabbed her bag. "Thank you for this." She said, pertaining to Mina treating her wounds.

Did she cry? Mina thought as she examined Momo's expression. "Sure."

"And also, sorry about earlier, if I yelled at you."

"It's okay, I understand. And thank you for saving me. I would've been in the hospital right now if it weren't for you." Mina said.

"No problem." Momo replied with a sad smile on her face. "You know I will do everything for you."

There was silence.

"Gureom, I'll get going now. Rest well. Good night Mina-chan."

"Ok." Mina replied as she saw her off. Without waiting for Momo to be out of sight, she already went in and shut the door behind her.

She lied down on the couch, stared at the ceiling, with a lot of thoughts on her head.

A lot has happed today specially when Momo came. She didn't expect that they'll be spending quite some time together.

I wonder what happened to her friends.
She lost a lot of weight, seems like she's not eating that well.
Is she doing good at school? Is she still training at JYPe? I wonder if she'll be debuting anytime soon.

Then suddenly some scenes flashback on her head.

"Can't you give me another chance?"

"Don't you have friends to eat with?" Mina asked. -- "No."

"Can yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter