Chapter 45

Dangerously In Love (Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeng tiptoed to her bed and saw Mina sleeping. She must be tired.

She sat on the bed and stared at her for a few minutes. I barely see your face. I hope this week ends soon so I can be with you again. She brushed Mina's hair lightly making sure she won't wake up then she bent down, leaned closer to her, and kissed Mina's forehead.

"Sleep tight my dear." She whispered. She leaned back then stared at her face again. Satisfied, she got up and covered Mina with a blanket. With one last look, she smiled then turn off the light and closed the door.

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 45]

Friday, after training...

"Hi guys! I'm back!" Joy said as she entered the dance studio with three other girls.

"Hey! How are you? How's Yeri?" Seulgi asked as she approached them.

"She's getting better now. She's at her parents place meaning......" Joy smiled waiting for someone to finish her sentence.

"Meaning you can finally party with us! We can go clubbing!" Wendy suggested.

"Or just simply hang out. We have minors with us babe." Irene said as she went to her and kissed her on the cheek as a greeting.

"You're such a mood killer Irene. We're all minors here, remember?" Sana inserted.

"I think it's time to get fake ids for these sophomores." Joy added.

"Brilliant idea! And you're treating us right?" Sana wrapped her right arm around Joy's shoulder pulling her closer.

"Guys that's not a good impression for our youngsters. Plus I don't want to risk any of my dancers getting suspended specially that we have an upcoming competition." Seulgi opposed.

"Cmon unnie, it'll be fun. And it's not like it's your first time doing this right? We won't get caught don't worry." Lisa said.

"Yeah. I've always wanted to try clubbing as well." Rose added.

Wendy laughed. "Well, Seulgi here never went with us in occasions like this cause she's a 'good girl'. Always scared of making mistakes. She's a coward basically."

Seulgi's brows furrowed with the insult. She was about to rebut but just clenched her jaw and kept quiet.

Irene noticed it. "Cut her some slack babe. And she has a point, we can't risk that."

Wendy just rolled her eyes in response.

"Okay then, maybe next time. We'll just go eat and karaoke." Joy concluded. She was about to head outside when she saw Mina coming out of the restroom. "Oh, who do have we here?"

"She's their new dancer, Mina, Jennie's replacement. The one I told you about." Wendy replied, then turned to Mina giving her a wink.

"Hi there, I'm Joy. Nice to meet you." She offered her hand for a handshake.

"Hi, I'm Mina. Nice to meet you too." She smiled as they shook hands. Then her eyes turned to Sana, standing beside Joy with her arm wrapped on her shoulder. "Oh, Sana-ssi you're here."

Sana immediately pulled her arm away. "Oh Mina-ya, how have you been? It's been days since I last saw you. Are they treating you well here?"

Before Mina could speak, Joy cutted in. "You know each other?"

"Yeah of course. She's with my bestfriend Chaeyoung in class 1." She went to Mina's side and wrapped her arm around her shoulder.

"Oh I see. That's good then, you can come with us. I'll be treating the group for dinner then we'll go to karaoke after."

"Sounds nice but I already have plans." Mina replied.

"Cmon, it'll be fun. You can call Chaeng too." Sana insisted.

"She actually just called me and said we'll be having dinner with her parents tonight. And she also needs to rest, it's her competition tomorrow." Mina whispered to her.

"Ooooh okay. Dinner with her parents." Sana smirked. "Well we can't help it, she has dinner plans with her in-laws guys." Sana teased and everyone laughed.

Then they headed out. Everyone's talking to each other and has topics of their own.

"Where's Dahyun?" Mina asked.

"She has piano lessons." Sana replied.

"Aah. By the way, are you watching Chaeng's competition tomorrow?"

"No. She never lets us watch her, she said we're just a distraction. Plus me and Dahyun aren't really a fan of martial arts." Sana said.

"Aah. Really? Then I guess I'll just go with her parents."

They're now at the gate. Mina stopped as she saw Momo waiting there.

Sana noticed then saw Mina looking at the girl who's now approaching them.

"Hi Mina-chan."

Mina-chan? Is she japanese? Sana thought. "Mina-ya, care to introduce this fine girl here?"

"H-huh? Oh yeah. Guys this is Momo, a f-friend from my previous school."

"Hi Momo-ssi, I'm Sana, Minatozaki Sana." She offered her hand for a handshake.

"Oh you're japanese? Nice to meet you Sana-ssi." Momo shook her hand.

Sana squeezed it a bit and giggled. "Yes I am and wow, you have very soft hands."

Momo let out an awkward laugh then pulled her hand away, glancing at Mina.

"You're here to take Mina home?" Sana asked.

"Uhh yeah. I've been taking her home everyday." Momo replied.

"Ahh. You guys seem pretty close. Really close." Sana smirked.

"Yeah, in fact-." Momo was about to reply but Mina butted in.

"It's not what you think Sana-ssi. We just have some.......unfinished business."

Momo shot Mina a questioning look but just kept silent.

"Oh I see." Sana replied as she nodded.

"Hi Momo-ssi, I'm Wendy." She inserted to break the awkward silence that came afterwards. Then followed by introduction of the others.

"Momo-ssi, we're eating dinner and will do karaoke after, wanna join us?" Joy offered.

"Sounds fun! Are you coming Mina-chan?" Momo asked.

"She already declined, said she has dinner plans with her in-laws ." Sana replied.

Momo's brows raised. "Ahh ok. Then maybe next time."

"Okay, make sure to come with us next time, I want to know you more." Sana added then gave her a wink. She went to Joy who clung to her arm right away. "Take care of Mina-chan."

"Y-yeah I will." Momo replied, kinda taken aback with Sana's behavior.

Then the group went on their way leaving Momo and Mina behind. The two started walking and rode the bus. They sat next to each other.

"You don't need to take me home everyday Momo." Mina said.

"I just want to. Besides I don't want you walking around alone like that, specially when you almost got into an accident the other day."

"But-."

"Just let me, okay?" Momo gave her a warm smile that made Mina blush. "By the way, your friend Sana, where in Japan is she from?"

"I have no idea. I didn't even know she's from Japan until today."

"You're not really close?"

"We are. She's one of my close friends at school but she never mentioned about it. All I know is she's from the province with my other friend. That got me curious, I'll ask her next time." Mina replied.

While they're talking, the bus suddenly stopped. Murmurs from the passengers can be heard as the bus parked on the sidewalk.

"I'm sorry but my tires are flat. For your own saftey I'll be dropping you off here. Don't worry, I already called the company and the next bus will take you. It will arrive in 15mins. You can stay here while you wait." The bus driver announced.

Some of the passengers who are in a hurry complained, some got off while the majority stayed.

Mina looked at her watch, it's 6:30pm. She still has time to spare before their dinner by 8pm.

"You're not in a hurry, are you?" Momo asked.

"Huh? Uhm not really. Why?"

"Let's take a walk. Your apartment is just on the next stop anyway. Cmon let's go."

Before Mina can refuse, Momo already stood up and got off the bus. She just sighed and followed her.

"Shouldn't we just wait for the next bus?" Mina asked as they walked.

"That's 15mins wait, I'll be bored there. And besides, this would be good for an exercise right?"

"Uh, I just ended practice remember?"

"Oh right, if you want we can just go back."

Mina looked back, they already walked some distance from the bus. "Never mind, let's just keep walking."

It's been quite some time since she last walked by that area. They used to go there before when they feel like strolling.

After a few minutes, they passed by some street vendors. Momo got excited when she saw some foods.

"Omo, it's been a while since the last time we ate here. Cmon, my treat!" Momo grabbed Mina's hand and came near the vendors.

"You know you're not allowed to eat street foods anymore right?"

"Eii, just this once. And might be the last." Momo replied with a huge smile.

"What do you mean?" Mina asked.

Momo ignored the question and started ordering. "2 servings of Mandu, 4 sticks of Odeng and Jokbal please. Oh, and 1 soda in can."

She paid for it then led them to a bench where they sat.

"Momo that's really a lot, I don't think we can finish that. And I still need to eat dinner after."

"Don't worry I'll finish this, you know, I'm an eating machine."

"Ohh right, I almost forgot that." Mina chuckled.

They ate while they observe the people passing by.

"Gosh this is really the best jokbal ever." Momo said while she finished the last serving. "I'll miss this."

Mina is getting suspicious. "What do you mean by that?" She asked as she took a sip of soda then handed it to Momo.

Momo was about to answer when suddenly, a phone started ringing. "Answer that first."

Mina checked her phone. "It's not mine. Maybe yours?"

"Not mine either." Momo replied as she checked her mobile. Then they noticed there's a shoulder bag on the far end side of the bench. Momo looked at Mina. "Should we open it and answer the call?"

"No, we don't know what that bag contains. Just leave it there."

Momo obeyed. She cleaned up their trash and threw it to the bin nearby. When she got back, the phone rang again nonstop and it's getting on her nerves.

"What if it's important? Or maybe the it's the owner trying to find her bag?"

"We don't know that Momo. It might be some evidence of a murder case, or a bomb, or something dangerous. We can't let our fingerprints on it. Let's just call a police officer and let them take care of it." Mina replied anxiously.

Momo laughed. "Gosh you're a paranoid. You seriously need to stop watching crime investigation and action movies Mina-chan."

Before Mina could reply, Momo already grabbed the bag and opened it. "See? Just a normal bag." She said as she showed her the contents. She went through the things, there were notebooks and some make up, and finally found the phone.

"It's a call from an unknown number. Should I answer it?" Momo asked as she showed it to Mina.

"No! It's from an unknown number Momo! It might be the kidnaper or something!" Mina strongly declined.

But then, Momo being a stubborn one, answered the call. "Yobosseyo?"

"Oh hi. I'm the owner of that phone, who are you?" A voice of a girl answered.

"She's the owner." She mouthed to Mina.

"Put it on speaker." Mina replied, still anxious.

"Oh, just a concerned citizen who found an unattended bag on a bench near the street vendors." Momo replied to the person on the phone.

"Oh right! That's where I left it. Uhm, can ask a huge favor?" The girl replied.

Momo looked at Mina who's shaking her head signing her to decline. "Uhh yeah sure."

Mina facepalmed, can't believe how stubborn Momo is not listening to her instructions.

"Can you stay with my bag until I get there? I'm just five minutes away. I'm just afraid that another person might take it if you leave it there. If it's okay?" The girl said.

"Or we can just leave it at the vendor." Mina suggested.

"Nah, no biggie. Just five minutes right? We'll wait here." Momo replied.

"Really? Great! Thanks so much. Then I'll go now. Thank you." The girl said then the line cut out.

"What the heck was that? You just did the exact opposite of the things I told you!" Mina said in an angry tone, frustrated.

"Hey calm down. I'm just being nice. What if same thing happened to us? That something important was lost. If people just ignored it then we won't be able to get it back. Just give her benefit of the doubt. Plus there's nothing suspicious on the bag anyway." Momo explained.

"Benefit of the doubt. Yeah right. Five minutes and she's still not here, I'm going."

"Okay then. Thanks." Momo smiled.

After five minutes, a pretty girl came and approached them. "Hi! Uhm, are you the one I spoke with over the phone?"

"Yeah, you the owner?" Momo asked.

"Yes. I'm Jisoo by the way."

"I'm Momo. Nice to meet you." She offered her hand and they shook hands. "And this is Mina."

Jisoo was about to shake hands with her but Mina spoke. "How can we verify that you're really the owner of the bag?"

Jisoo smiled. "I can tell you that there are two notebooks there, one black and one pink, a make up kit, some pens, a pink wallet which has my IDs on it, and my phone which has tons of my photos and can unlock it with my fingerprint."

Mina checked the contents of the bag and the IDs on the wallet and it matches with that Jisoo said.

"Okay. But why were you calling from an unknown number?" Mina asked again.

"I asked a kind stranger if I can borrow her phone to make a phone call cause I'm trying to search for my bag that I lost."

Convinced, Mina handed the phone over and Jisoo unlocked it.

"Am I verified?" Jisoo asked with a smile.

Mina just nodded, a bit embarassed.

"Sorry about that, my girl here is just a bit meticulous sometimes." Momo said as she wrapped her arm on Mina's shoulder.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter