Chapter 38

Dangerously In Love (Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I draw random things before. I even went to other places to find good things or get a nice view to draw."

"Then why did you stop?" Mina asked.

"Why should I go far if I have the most beautiful piece of art here with me?" She smiled and stared right through Mina's eyes.

"When I met you, it's like I found the perfect image to draw."

Mina was startled. She's speechless with Chaeng's words. She couldn't even react, she was just sitting there, lost in Chaeng's eyes.

"Mina-ya, can you be my muse?"

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 38]

Mina was startled with the question. "W-what?"

"I mean, in an artist's perspective, it would be great to have a muse like you. Well, I've been drawing you for quite a while now but I just want to formally ask permission if it's okay for me to draw you. You know, not just while you're sleeping or just by imagining your face in my mind." She paused. "I mean, it's not that I'm imagining you cause that's weird. Uhm....uhm..you know what I mean right?" Chaeng stuttered.

"Aaah. So that's what you meant." Mina slightly nodded. "I thought it's something else." She added in a low tone.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." She smiled. "Well, yeah yeah of course. It'll be an honor to be a muse of a great artist like you. But what does a muse do anyway?"

"All of us need to be in touch with a mysterious, tantalizing source of inspiration that teases our sense of wonder." Chaeng said.

"Huh?" Mina asked, confused.

"Muses make the artist inspired. So you, Ms. Mina Myoui, needs to stick with me 24/7 and keep me inspired." Chaeng smirked.

"Eh??!"

"Wae? You don't want to?"

"Huh? Uh-uhm. Uhmm. Uhh.." Mina wasn't able to respond properly.

Chaeng laughed at her reaction, Mina looked so startled. "Hey I'm just kidding."

Mina punched her lightly on the shoulder. "Yah! Stop teasing me!"

Chaeng just chuckled. "Mian. Hehe. Well, honestly all you need to do is sit still and look pretty." She smiled. "But seriously, is it ok for you to be my muse?"

Mina nodded that made Chaeng more hyped. "Yay! I've actually always wanted to draw you while dancing, you know, I want to see you as a ballerina. But I don't think it's possible." Chaeng pouted.

"Wae? Do I have to dance for you to draw me?"

"Not really, you just need to pose."

"No problem then."

Chaeng eyes widened. "Jinjja??? Yay! Let's go!" She immediately stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"To draw you."

Mina laughed as she looked at Chaeng who's really excited. "Yah, we still have a lot of time to do that. But you need to rest today so you'll get better. You're parents are coming home tomorrow, we don't want them to worry right? Let's do it in another day."

"I'm better now." She grabbed Mina's hand and put it on her forehead to feel her temperature. "See? Please! I really want to draw you."

Mina just looked at her blankly, thinking. Then Chaeng sat beside her, leaned her face close to hers, and blinked her eyes fast in a cute way. "Puuulleeaase!!!"

Mina was surprised with the sudden aegyo. Her heart skipped a beat as she looked at the cute cub's face just an inch away from her. It's like she's short of oxygen for a moment. She gulped as she nodded in response.

"Yay!!" Chaeng jumped in joy.

Mina sighed heavily as she was able to breath again. Why do I feel this way whenever she does that? She shook her head to remove the weird feeling, then sighed again.

"Are you that happy?" She asked and Chaeng nodded. "But one problem though, I don't have any ballet outfits here. Don't tell me we still need to go to my apartment just to get one?"

"No need for that. You can just wear a skirt and blouse. I'll make the adjustments when I draw."

"I didn't bring a skirt either."

"Aigoo. Cmon lets browse my closet, we might find something." Then they went to the walk-in closet. Chaeng brought out a selection of dresses and skirts.

"Woah! I didn't know you have this kind of clothes. Judging by how you dress, this is so unexpected." Mina said.

"My mom always bought me girly clothes hoping that I might change but nah, so she just gave up." Chaeng replied. "I don't know what to do with these so I just kept it here."

"Aaaah. But what do you mean by change?"

Chaeng didn't hear the question as she's busy choosing. "How about this one?" Chaeng showed a pink dress.

Mina shook her head. "Nah, too short. How about this?" She showed a white dress.

"Hm? Yeah it's pretty, but too plain. It'll be difficult for me to make the adjustments." Chaeng said. Then she scanned again. "Ah! This would do. Simple but pretty." She showed a white skirt and pink blouse. "Here, put this on."

Chaeng got out of the walk-in closet and sat on the bed while waiting for Mina to change. After a few minutes...

"What do you think?" Mina asked.

Chaeng was mesmerized as Mina went out of the closet looking so lovely with her outfit.

"Pretty." That's all she could say. She sighed as she smiled. Then she suddenly realized what she just said that made her panick. "I mean the dress! The dress is pretty." She scratched her nape as she tried to reason out. Mina just laughed at her.

"Cmon now." She said as she grabbed Mina's hand.

"Where?"

She just smiled in response and led the way. They got out of the house and went to the backyard which led to a beautiful garden.

"Woah, I didn't know there's this part of your house." Mina was amazed with the beautiful landscapes and flowers.

"My mom loves gardening. She's the one who designed the landscapes and grew all those plants and flowers." She replied. Then they entered a small cabin. The sunlight illuminated the room as Chaeng opened the windows.

"Woah!" Mina's eyes widened as she saw all the paintings and art inside the room.

"So...... this is my little escape from reality. This is where I usually spend my time." Chaeng explained.

Mina was speechless. She just ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter