Chapter 8

Dangerously In Love (Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina kept her pace, still Chaeyoung is behind her walking in the same direction. Then she can't handle it anymore, she stopped and turned around to confront her.

"Why are you following me? What do you want?"

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 8]

"Excuse me?" Chaeyoung was surprised with the sudden question. They were just walking silently when Mina suddenly talked to her out of the blue.

"You also followed me yesterday, I saw you." Mina crosses her arm as she interrogates her seatmate.

Chaeyoung laughed. She suddenly covered trying not to laugh so hard.

Mina's eyebrows furrowed. What's so funny? What's wrong with her?

"I'm not following you." Chaeyoung said as she tried to hold her laughter.

"Then why—"

"I'm on my home as well. It's just four blocks away from your house." She said while pointing at the direction.

She knows my house? Wait what?? She's on her way home?
Mina was dumbfounded for a moment, her jaw dropped.

"Did you think I was stalking you or something?" Chaeyoung playfully said, teasing Mina.

"Eh? Uh, no! Of course not!" Then she turned her back quickly and bit her lip. Her cheeks turned red.

Omo, this is so embarasing! Urgh! Why did I even ask her? I should've just kept walking. Pabo Mina!
She thought as she quickly walked away from Chaeyoung, feeling ashamed for what she just did.

Her head were full of thoughts and regret that she didn't notice there's a large rock ahead of her. She just kept walking fast and suddenly she tripped and fell on the ground. There was a loud thud.

"Mina-ssi! Are you ok?" Chaeyoung immediately ran towards her.

What the? Urgh this is getting more embarassing!

"I'm fine, it's okay." She said as she tried to stand up but failed, her feet actually hurts and she's just pretending to be okay.

"You're not." then Chaeyoung grabbed her arm trying to assist her stand up. "I think you sprained your ankle, we need to put ice on that so it won't swell."

"No I'm fine, really." Then Mina tried to walk but it hurts even more, then she fell again. Chaeyoung quickly grabbed Mina's arm, wrapped it around her shoulder to better assist her. "You're so stubborn, you'll just make it worse if you act like that. Now let's get you home and treat that."

Mina's cheeks reddened with the actions made by her seatmate. She's embarassed and blushing at the same time. She's so ashamed of what she did but she has no choice but to accept Chaeyoung's help for now.

They walked slowly, Mina's arms are still wrapped around Chaeyoung's shoulder, helping her to keep her balance until they reached Mina's apartment. They were now standing in front of the gate.

"I can manage now, thanks for your help." As Mina tried to stand on her own.

"What do you think you're doing? We still need to treat that inside. If you're not comfortable enough, I'll bring you to a hospital." Chaeyoung said with a serious tone.

Mina is too tired already and her foot is killing her, she can't manage to go to the hospital anymore so she has no choice but to trust this kind lady and treat her.

So they went inside and Chaeyoung assisted her to sit down on the couch.

"So now, where's your first aid kit?" Chaeyoung asked as she looked around the house.

"I'll get it." Mina tried to stand up but failed.

"Why are you so stubborn? Just sit down and trust me okay? Now where is it?"

Mina obeyed as Chaeyoung's voice sounds so firm and serious. "It's on that cabinet." As she pointed near the bathroom.

Then Chaeyoung stood up to get the kit. Then she went back and sat on the floor right in front of Mina who's still sitting on the couch. She held Mina's right foot.

"I-I'll do it." Mina said trying to get her foot away from Chaeyoung.
Gosh! This is so embarassing! We're not even close and she's doing this for me.

"Mina-ssi, trust me. I've joined girl scout before and I know how to apply first-aid. So just sit still, I'll take care of everything." Chaeyoung looked at Mina's eyes showing her sincerity. This made Mina blush.

Gosh, why is she so serious? And what's with that look? It seems so...caring and assuring.
Mina thought as she saw how Chaeng looked at her, then she quickly looked away to avoid her gaze. Then she pulled herself away and sat still as a sign that she agrees.

Chaeyoung carefully removed Mina's socks and examined her ankle, it's swelled badly. She put the ice pack on the swolen area and held it there for a few minutes. She heard Mina moaned so she held it more cautiously. Then she wrapped Mina's foot neatly with bandage. She put a chair in front of Mina and laid her leg to have it elevated.

She examined it for a while, then she got up and returned the kit to the cabinet. She returned holding a glass of water and gave it to Mina along with a medicine.

"Take this, it will help relieve the pain."

"Oh thank you." Mina took the glass and drank it with the medicine.

Then Chaeyoung sat on the couch beside Mina but with a little distance. She observed the room, it's neat and clean as expected. It's not that big, it's just enough for one person to live at. So there's a little living room where they're currently at. There's the couch, a small table and a TV set. Then a huge cabinet separates the small living room from the kitchen. There's a dining table with  two chairs, a refrigerator, sink and a stove. Then beside is the comfort room, then a door which she assumed is Mina's bedroom. There's not much decoration, just a few paintings hanging on the wall.

There were silent for a few minutes then Mina spoke.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it. I actually feel guilty. I think you were bothered by my existence that you were out of focus and tripped. Sorry about that. I'll keep my distance from now on." Chaeyoung replied sadly.

"Eh? No, no don't say that. I wasn't bothered, I was embarassed." Mina said shyly.

Chaeyoung chuckled lightly. "Embarassed by what?" She said teasingly. Then she saw Mina pouted and her cheeks blushed.

"Ok ok I won't tease you anymore. Well I admit I would've done the same thing. I ride with you on the bus and walk home on the same direction without talking, it seems like I was following you. Now that I think about it I really seemed suspicious, like a stalker."

Mina smiled. "Right." still embarassed with what happened.

They were silent again for a few minutes then Chaeyoung spoke. "By the way, what are you going to eat for dinner? Do you want me to go out and buy you food?"

"No, you don't need to. I don't really eat dinner. Just some crackers will do."

"What?? That's all you eat at night? No wonder you get skinny like that."

"Excuse me?"

"I mean y." Then Chaeyoung smiled cutely, crinkling her nose. "Sorry I was just kidding. You'll get used to it one day."

Mina knew she was just joking, it's just that they're not that close enough to be joking around, but she find it cute though.

"But seriously, you need to eat something." Chaeyoung looks so worried now.

"Ok ok. I still have some salad left, I'll eat that later."

Chaeyoung tilted her head and looked at her full of doubt.

"I'm not lying, you can check it on the fridge if you want." Mina said.

"No it's ok, I trust you." then Chaeyoung smiled. "Uhm, by the way, I know we're not close enough yet and i don't know what happened, but just a friendly advise, you should loosen up a little. You know, you need to talk at school as well, like have friends and chat with them, have lunch with them. It's ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter