Lost in Thought + Shampoo.

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

PROMPT:  Double feature drabble! Joohyun keeps talking, Seulgi can't concentrate...

 

Seulgi couldn’t pay attention to Joohyun. No matter how much she concentrated, no matter how much she squinted to keep track she could not, for the life of her, understand what Joohyun was babbling so excitedly about. Instead, her eyes kept focused on the gorgeousness of her entire being. 

 

Those beautiful eyes filled with so much love when she looked at her; she felt her world tremble. That lovely nose, so sweet looking; she felt like kissing it and tracing it with her finger. Those ears, one protruding more than the other; she felt like biting them playfully, in between playful tickles and giggles. 

 

All of Joohyun was worth of admiration and Seulgi was doing just that, letting her eyes wander to the smallest of details, to the way Joohyun moved her head when she spoke about certain things, to the way she waved her hand or lifted an eyebrow – so mundane to the uninterested eye but so charming to Seulgi who was lucky enough to witness everything up close. She was so caught up enjoying the view, so caught up thinking of ways to revere it with love and respect… She just forgot to listen to Joohyun’s beautiful voice.

 

Well, she did listen to it, but only its rhythm, the melody, the sweet way she pronounced somethings and taking into the sound of words. Just noises, just the noises.

 

“Kang Seulgi, you’re not listening to me are you?” Joohyun said at one point, face neutral, head tilted and hands neatly folded on her lap like a proper doll.

 

Seulgi stared mesmerized before she shook her head rapidly. “Sure, I was listening.”

 

“What did I say then?” Joohyun folded her arms, giving Seulgi THAT look of ‘c’mon Seulgi, don’t lie to me’ while her lips fought back a smirk. 

 

And of course, Seulgi fumbled! Stammering, trying to wiggle away from it somehow, until she just sighed and admitted.

 

“I was just looking at you, you look really pretty,” said Seulgi in defeated honesty, not ashamed but not exactly proud of ignoring her like that.

 

And yet, that sweet honesty had Joohyun taken aback. This wasn’t news, Seulgi often got distracted by things in the background or just didn’t process the words properly. Naturally, she would get distracted like this. Joohyun finally let that smirk happen. “Just today?”

 

Seulgi smiled and shook her head. “You’re always so pretty, I just… am better at pretending  I’m not lost in love.”

 

And of course, that honesty once again made Joohyun’s heart flutter, to the point she just grabbed that sweet bear and kissed her cheek without a care in the world. Even if Seulgi was sweaty from practice, even if the rest of the members were nearby and teetering on the edge of gossip and “oooh!” and “aaah!”-ing at the situation. Joohyun couldn’t resist the urge to show what her heart felt at the compliment. Swollen with pride and love, she just bursted in a big smooch that had Seulgi laughing.

 

Sometimes, not being listened to was more than alright for Joohyun. As long as it was because Seulgi, the woman she cherishes the world, continued to fall in love with her even more.

 


 

PROMPT: Someone doesn't like the smell of their lover's shampoo.

 

Among the many romantic touches, the many happy smiles shared and the many loving looks said in the secret of glances…

 

“I… don’t like the smell of your new shampoo.”

 

Well, something unromantic had to happen between it all. A lazy Sunday afternoon, Seulgi cuddle sleepily against an awake and present Joohyun that gently pressed her lips against Seulgi’s head. But with a nose nuzzled against her hair and taking a whiff of that new shampoo… Well, Joohyun’s already sensitive nostrils took quite a ride. The smell wasn’t bad, it was one that people loved for certain, but something about its strongness hit Joohyun in a specific way. A way that didn’t feel well within Joohyun.

 

Seulgi languidly looked up at her confused. “You don’t like it?”

 

Joohyun pouted, apologetic and almost sorry to say this. “It’s strong, that’s why. I’m sure it’s nice, it's just… very strong.”

 

Seulgi’s squinty eyes appeared and she could barely battle a laugh. “Unnie, you choose this shampoo.”

 

“Me?” Joohyun was surprised, pointing at herself. “This… This–.”

 

“This is the gift you gave me, you idiot,” Seulgi said while laughing.

 

Joohyun held her head with despair, unable to stifle her own laughter. “It smelled fine when I bought it.”

 

“It smells the literal same on my head as it does on the bottle, Joohyun.”

 

“I don’t know?! It doesn’t smell nearly as strong.”


“Yes, it does!”

 

“No, it does not!”

 

And the quiet, lazy Sunday afternoon changed to a very chatty one. The once languid and sleepy Seulgi found herself waking up more and more as the conversation went on, Joohyun felt more like a silly goose. Sometimes, it’s not all about the romantic gestures or connections, it’s about the banter and the silly moments between them that makes that relationship strong.