How to make Joohyun watch scary movies.

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

Hint? You have to be Kang Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi, I don’t want to!” Irene giggled and playfully slapped Seulgi’s arm again and again.

 

“Well, but I want to. What are you going to do about it, huh?” Seulgi replied right away.

 

Seulgi always did this to Joohyun. And the pale woman always fell for the bear’s puppy eyes and lovely grin.

 

No one in the world could get Bae Joohyun to watch a horror movie. Never. Like the firm woman that she is, she always stood her ground and shut down anyone that wanted to drag her to any scary movie. It was so much so that one time she straight up walked out of the theater and left her friends behind, rang up a taxi and got home safe and sound. Seulgi was so confused, but when Joy mumbled the answer to her she understood right away.

 

No one could convince her… but Kang Seulgi surely loved to push boundaries.

 

So, that night, when they were free, the two lovers decided to grab a ton of snacks, put their phones away and skip over to their little play zone.

 

The room was dimly lit, the warm atmosphere had the two of them wearing thin pajama shirts and cozy shorts and of course they were all cozy in that huge cozy bed for two tiny people. Naturally, this was Joohyun’s room. Seulgi didn’t necessarily enjoy the hotness of the room, sometimes she bumped into things because she couldn’t see all that well without contacts and to boot it was sometimes a bit too dark for her to see, but Joohyun liked being in her little cozy corner of the house and she felt at peace that way. A groggy Joohyun makes a sad Seulgi, so why not?

 

Seulgi has, slowly but surely, gotten used to the atmosphere of quietness, silence, slow breathing, tender whispers and soft yawns. In fact, she’s starting to like it a bit. Not being freezing cold was absolutely a plus after all, the quietness of the atmosphere made the peace and the occasional honk of the busy city outside was--in its own way--comforting to hear. Eventually, this was not only Joohyun’s room but their room. Their place to be alone and by themselves, the curtains drawn and the windows locked shut. It was their spot.

 

But thanks to this accommodation, it meant Seulgi could choose what to do and when. Because Joohyun just couldn’t keep the bear locked in the sauna room without pampering her for being so sweet and a good sport about staying there!

 

It backfired a little bit when Seulgi said ‘Let’s watch a scary movie’ and Joohyun couldn’t say no to that lovely face. She did try her best to convince her, though.

 

“Let’s watch it!” Seulgi bounced a little in her spot on the bed.

 

“Nooooo,” Joohyun shook her head a lot, trying to look angry and trying to sound serious but her laugh wasn’t letting her. “Please, I don’t like them.”

 

“I know, but I want to watch.”

 

“Watch it alone!” Joohyun crossed her arms and pouted.

 

“Watch it with me, unnie,” Seulgi was laughing too, her huge smile making her eyes smile as well.

 

Joohyun only had to watch that lovely smile for a second, then she felt Seulgi’s hand caressing her thigh and her knees. “N-no!” She looked away and groaned with a pout.

 

“Pwweeeaaaseeeeeee, unnie?” Seulgi then scooted closer to Joohyun and leaned down. “Please, please,” she mumbled as her lips tenderly caressed her shoulder. A kiss so soft, so tender, so fitting to the peaceful atmosphere.

 

It was a jab direct at Joohyun’s heart, it has her quivering with delight.

 

Seulgi’s hand drops the remote control somewhere and both hands dedicate themselves to Joohyun’s body. One hand on her tummy, the other one on her lower back, caressing up and down. Her tact enjoyed the feeling of her lover’s body, the outline of her figure, the tenderness of her full tummy, the smoothness of the skin as she let her hand slither inside her shirt. No lustful intentions or carnal hints, just her passionate side creeping in. It was so typical of Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi,” Joohyun gasps softly, as if to get the girl to stop. But her smile is so big, so wide, she doesn’t want her to stop. Did Seulgi know that was so effective?

 

And it was even more effective when she whined and travelled those loving kisses up to her neck, her arms slithering over to her sides and hugging her close.

 

“Please?” She said really softly up to her ear before she pulled away, looking at her with a smile. She was so charming, so adorable so--.

 

UGH!

 

“Fine,” Joohyun rolled her eyes.

 

“YAY!” And Seulgi once again bounced like a happy little kid. She pulled away, grabbed the controller and that’s when Joohyun realized she was REALLY whipped for Seulgi.

 

How did that sap even manage to get her to agree? Her touch and her lips were hypnotizing, truthfully.

 

And the movie they started to watch was…

 

Not going to be mentioned over copyright infringement laws and bull. Thing is that, at one point, both of them were all curled up against one another, hanging onto each other for dear life. The middle part of the movie was taking place, which means all the scares and action would be coming right up and it was only the first jumpscare and Joohyun was already kicking and leaving high pitched screeches for anyone in the vicinity to hear and be concerned about.

 

Seulgi was almost starting to regret her choices, Joohyun did feel and looked scared! Seulgi didn’t like seeing her that scared; she was about to stop the movie until Joohyun grabbed her arm, hugged it close and whined like a little puppy.

 

“Unnie, are you really scared?”

 

“Of course I am, Kang Seulgi!” Joohyun almost screams out and somewhere in the middle of the sentence her voice goes back down to a tiny mumble. She whines and scoots even closer.

 

Seulgi could tell she was scared thanks to the fact that even with the heat in the room, she dug her legs under the covers and seeked for warmth. As if being even the slightest bit cool, chilly, or having her foot outside would attract any ancient demons wishing to eat her flesh. Apparently, the fabric and the blankets stopped said demons from attacking? Why was that an universal knowledge? Either way, Seulgi knew she was scared thanks to that. That and she kept whining, which was too adorable for Seulgi’s heart.

 

And something felt really good within Seulgi. She started to feel less scared, more brave. She felt the need to protect her unnie almost.

 

“Don’t worry, unnie. I’m here, I’ll protect you--.”

“AH!” Joohyun screamed at the fake scare of a cat creeping up on the protagonist, whining again and hitting Seulgi in the leg again and again. “I hate this, I hate this so much.”

 

Seulgi, of course, was not even at all scared. She was just laughing. “I’ll protect you, unnie,” she said softly once again, grabbing her hand and rubbing it before bringing it up to kiss its knuckles. She noticed the heavy breathing of her girlfriend right away, and after years of being together she knew just what to do. She softly continued to mumble sweet nothings to her pale bunny, kissing each knuckle with love, travelling up to her finger, the fingertips and then down to the palm.

 

Joohyun looked up at Seulgi and spoke calmly, feeling her own adrenaline dissipating, her nervousness fading. “Thank you,” then she gave off a very soft smile. Seulgi was a true romantic, a lover girl so eager and so sweet. It warranted a tender pat on her head which she gave to her almost naturally. “You’re so sweet to me,” she said, soon humming in delight at how Seulgi’s lips felt against her wrist, her pulse.

 

And of course, Seulgi looked up with a grin after her work. “You deserve it, scaredy cat.”

 

“Yah, don’t make me hit you now that you have me all soft,” Joohyun threatened with that cheeky smile of hers. Finally, she let go of Seulgi’s arm, put it over her shoulder and just cuddled closer. “You know, if you keep treating me like this, I might just allow you to pick all the scary movies you want.”

 

Seulgi looked so surprised, she straightened up and grinned slowly. “What, really?”

 

“Yes, so long as you hold me like this, kiss me the way you did and NEVER tell anyone how scared I get.”

 

Seulgi grinned cheekily. “You know, I might just do all of that, except the last one.”

 

Joohyun gave her a playful glare before she got as close as possible. Then, she softly spoke. “Protect me, Kang Seulgi.”

 

And so, Seulgi puffed her chest out with a bit of pride and hugged her girlfriend close. “Will do--AH!”

 

Another jumpscare. They both jumped and laughed. And while Joohyun lightly hit Seulgi in the stomach, the latter was all smiles.

 

Who would have known that watching horror movies wasn’t a bad idea?