We'll be okay.

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

Seulgi and Joohyun seemed to share a lot of things. Thoughts, ideas, quirks, habits, passions and fears. It kind of became obvious to Seulgi again when just before the live show came on, Joohyun’s hand was trembling just like their very first comeback. Sometimes, she forgot that the ever stunning leader, always so composed, could feel nervousness as well. Seulgi looked at those pale, dainty hands and they already looked shaky. When she held her hand tight, she truly felt how nervous Joohyun was.

 

Joohyun looked up at her with those gorgeous eyes, round and worried. When Seulgi looked back at her she could understand that her own anxieties matched her girlfriend’s. Just that they both manifested those anxieties differently, and they both dealt with it differently. It was the same song, however.

 

Was this comeback good enough after so long? Was the wait worth it? Would Reveluvs still love them the same way? So much had changed in a year, everyone grew mature and stronger, Wendy recovered nicely, and the subunit of their dreams successfully blew up and went out in the same span of time. This would be the second time in a while they would all be together. Could something go wrong?

 

Ah, the concerns of a leader. The concerns of a woman with too much responsibility and pressures on her shoulders -- pressures she managed well each time, but this time…

 

Understandably, she was a little scared. This would decide a lot of things in the future, and this would cement and answer questions and feelings within her. 

 

Seulgi felt the exact same way, suddenly understanding what had happened to her lovely unnie the past few days. But she smiled. “Unnie,” she said softly, squeezing her hand. “Let’s find out together.”

 

Joohyun’s eyebrows rose, feeling like something was lifted from her shoulders. She sometimes forgot that Seulgi was incredible at figuring out what Joohyun was thinking with just a glance. She also forgot that, as the second oldest, she also felt a bit of the pressure the leader would feel.

 

She had the same concerns, just like any of the members, in this unpredictable industry.

 

Joohyun smiled though, a little more at ease. “We’ll be okay.”

 

Seulgi, optimistic as always, despite being a little scared, nodded. “We’re going to be okay.”
 

Joohyun had also been wondering something, deep down inside. Even after all these years, would Seulgi still be by her side? The comeback only made this question burn hotter in her brain for some reason. Was it the new pressure that made these old concerns fresh and new? Perhaps, but she couldn’t fight it.

 

Not when during the preparations, the tension was higher. She felt volatile, she might have even argued or blown up at Seulgi a little bit, but the girl took it well -- she understood everything, but her face was neutral and concentrated on the comeback. She kept everyone in check, working hard, but she came back to her room and laid there in her bed, surrounded by darkness, wondering if the girls were growing resentful of her bossy ways after such a long time without a comeback. 

 

She rested easy when Yeri played a little prank on her this morning, she was relieved when Sooyoung gave her a hug while everyone was busy getting ready and she was relieved when Seungwan woke up earlier to help with breakfast. But Seulgi had been oddly tense, concentrated.

 

But now that Joohyun saw Seulgi’s eyes, held her hand tight and felt her close, she knew that Seulgi still loved her just the same way.

 

“Let’s work hard,” Joohyun said, trying to be professional in this professional environment, despite feeling like a giddy school girl.

 

Seulgi, however, decided to throw professionalism to the side for a bit. She leaned down, slowly and tenderly, almost as if waiting for Joohyun to stop and scold her, but Joohyun left her. Her lips sweetly landed on Joohyun’s cheek, a kiss so simple yet so telling that had both of them looking into each other’s eyes with fond and wonder. Soon, they giggled and looked up to the front, to the stage.

 

They were going to be okay.

 

Seulgi and Joohyun were going to be more than okay.