Irene Fox.

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

Prompt: An idea you've never been able to fully flesh out, the sequel.

 

To put it bluntly, Bae Joohyun hated her suitors and most of her friends’ male friends. They were far too enthusiastic when they noticed that she is Irene Fox, the actress that has recently retired to work on other artistic exploits. Suddenly, the friendly gatherings turned into a competition to see who would get the actress -- whether subtle or not -- and it was always putting Joohyun in the most uncomfortable spot possible. The guys were always boasting about what they could and could not do, the girls felt like they had to compete for attention now and Joohyun, who was already a homebody, felt even weirder.

 

Why go out to these uncomfortable group outings when she could just get cozy at home?

 

Well, because of Kang Seulgi.

 

The very Kang Seulgi who shyly admitted that she hasn’t seen Joohyun’s work, apologizing with a bow while her friends for it. There was no way Seulgi didn’t know about Irene Fox! They were certain she was just being coy, but blushing madly, Seulgi admitted that she’s never really seen her work. Joohyun couldn’t help but to smile at that, feeling a load lift off her shoulders. Finally, Joohyun wouldn’t have someone be too into the idea of her doing . Suddenly, Kang Seulgi became someone she could truly talk to. She was also the same Seulgi whose ravenous appetite was a source of wonder. Out of everyone, she ate with her entire heart and lavished on every meal, however she was the fastest to get tipsy with her drinks. While everyone was boasting and trying to be subtly flirty beyond comfortable measures, Seulgi was in her own world telling the crazy tales of her life.

 

Joohyun liked that, that comfortable feeling, that nice atmosphere Seulgi created. 

 

And that’s when Joohyun knew she couldn’t get enough.

 

Apparently this pairing was perhaps the most organic, but also the strangest according to her friends. A warm glance had Seulgi smiling shyly rather than mischievously smirking. There was no innuendo, at least no intentional ones, all conversation was genuine and all the tiny harmless jokes were pure and without the burden of intimacy. After being in a very ualized and sensual environment and living fervent affairs that burned bright yet could’ve been better, Joohyun sought (and found) comfort in Seulgi. For once, she felt stripped down from the pressure to perform the role of a vixen and could just be Joohyun. Bae Joohyun who graduated art school and had myriads of talents and dedication to her work beyond the business. That girl interested Seulgi, not Irene Fox.

 

Everyone else wanted Irene Fox, the fantasy she once sold. 

 

Seulgi wanted to know more of Joohyun, the woman behind such a golden smile; she wanted to know what more there was of this woman. It showed in the way Seulgi listened and in the way she asked every question that came to mind.

 

And it certainly was a bizarre match when it all culminated in the bedroom one day, the passion brewing and ready to consume all until the suddenly shy Seulgi had to pull away and confess:

“J-Joohyun, I’m… a .”

 

Amusing, isn’t it? A actress paired up with a and this time it wasn’t for the camera!

 

(To be continued?)