Little Bear in the Jungle

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

Joohyun had been awake for the past hour, hearing the moving and the packing just outside of her room. Sitting in the dark was not really something she liked to do nor did regularly, but she could not sleep, even though her body was tired and begging to rest. But… it didn’t rest, even if she was trying so hard to reconcile her relationship with slumber, she couldn’t and this is why.

 

The moment Seulgi was announced publicly for Law Of The Jungle she felt her slumber backflip right out of her. It wasn’t like she didn’t know, but it had suddenly sunk in. Her lover, her best friend, her little bear was going to god knows where in god knows what country to be one with nature in front of the cameras. She was going there to survive and learn new things.

 

Joohyun was partially happy because Seulgi looked ecstatic, but… inside she was feeling worried, really worried.

 

The door creaked open, the light from the living room chiming into the obscure bedroom. When Joohyun looked, she saw Seulgi’s head peeking in, in her usual cartoonish way of course which was absolutely endearing and silly. “You’re awake?” Seulgi smiled upon noticing Joohyun look at her, soon walking into the bed room.

 

“I can’t sleep,” Joohyun said very softly, keeping the atmosphere in her room quiet and tranquil as it always is.

 

“Why not?” Seulgi closed the door behind her, engulfing her own self in the dark, only a dim lamp lighting up the corner but nothing else. However, she knew her way, and soon she was sitting on the edge of the bed.

 

“You’re going to the jungle, Seulgi, I’m really worried,” she laughed a little but in reality she was trying really hard not to cry.

 

“I’m going to be fine!” Seulgi giggled softly, coming closer to her lover and rubbing her leg affectionately as if to attempt to soothe her. “You know they are not going to let me get hurt.”

 

The pale doll could only just frown and lays down on her sides, curling up a little. However, a soft sniffle gave away what was happening. As intuitive as she always is, Seulgi understood immediately, taking off her boots and her jacket as she spoke. “Unnie, I’m going to be just fine, you’ll see!”

 

Joohyun nodded, keeping her composure. “I know… I’m just…”

 

Before Joohyun could even realize, Seulgi had climbed up onto the bed and wrapped her arm around her lover’s waist. It was warm, calming, and Joohyun soon felt her back pressed against something, something warm. It was her bear cuddling her, giggling softly as she did. She couldn’t help but to smile and turn around, coming face to face to Seulgi’s features in the dark. “You can’t sleep easy since the announcement?”

 

Joohyun’s eyes widened a little in surprise before she nodded, followed by a short sniffle. “Yes.”

 

Without another word, Seulgi just pushed Joohyun’s head against her chest--not ally, or vulgarly, just to have her nuzzling closer against her; their bodies warmly cuddling, clinging to one another for dear life, right now in a place where they were both alone and had nothing to do but just be with one another.

 

“But… you’re going to be late,” Joohyun softly reasoned, no longer sniffling and her forehead tenderly pressed against her lover’s chest.

 

To which, Seulgi just shook her head and squeezed her Joohyun against her, purring in delight. “I don’t care, I want you to sleep.”

 

And so they both giggled, letting it die down into pure silence and nothing but their satisfied sighs, calmed breaths and soon… a slight snoring from Joohyun, who was wide awake moments prior, but upon being embraced and smelling that comforting scent near her? She was lulled into slumber, deeply and calmly. Seulgi too felt so close to falling asleep but she did her best to resist it. With Joohyun down and sleeping, she leaned down and placed a chaste kiss to her head, giving another one for good measure… and another one.

 

Coming to realize it herself, she was going to miss having this adorable woman with her, but she was going to go out there and do well.

 

“I love you~” Seulgi sing songed out, feeling Joohyun clinging to her body tighter.

 

She was in fact going to be late, she suddenly realized. With a glance at the clock…

 

Just ten more minutes, seeing Joohyun sleeping peacefully was infinitely more important for her.

 

*

 

*Note: Inspired by something Ms. Seulrenewed said. I said I wouldn't do it, but I did it anyways.