Irene Montana

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

Prompt: Hannah Montana but make it Irene. It's just a crack, fun draft i made a year ago!

 

Bae Joohyun ceased to exist completely when her face was decorated with a touch of make up and a curtain of suspiciously fake blonde tresses, discreetly complementing the shape of her lovely face. In that moment, she went from a normal teenager going through High School to Irene Montana, a national--and soon to become international--popstar teenager that was going through High School. 

 

Her saturday nights were spent by doing interviews, greeting fans, preparing for concerts and at the back of her head she frantically worried about the math homework she was going to obscenely butcher once she returned home from her harduous schedule, if she were at all conscious by that time. No matter, for this she could always bring the homework to her shoot the very next day, where no one would bat an eyelash at her reading and studying or frantically writing down notes. The only time they WOULD be mildly concerned, but tactfully not bother her, was when she was frustratedly cursing at the math homework in near tears. Her manager would awkwardly stand behind her and hand her a cookie when she calmed down and so she would resume back to her photoshoot or video shoot with an impeccable smile.

 

Have you ever seen those talented waitresses that came out of the kitchen scowling, their eyebrows knit together with rage, but by the time they reach the table with the food they’re absolutely angelic and warm? That was Bae Joohyun--er, Irene Montana--when it came to her work. Professional and passionate, that’s the two Ps. Pee, Pee. It also stands for Perfect Pollution, perhaps Protruding Pitbull as well as Problematic Potato--.

 

Anyways.

 

The stage was packed with dancers, musicians, backup dancers, the lone dummer somewhere at the very end of the stage--and yet, he carried the whole show--, but the only person people called about was the blonde woman at the very front, dancing energetically and singing at the top of her lungs. The choreography was simple and it flowed so naturally in her fit body that it made it look far more complex and fine than it was. The sweet words of encouragement, a siren call of love, danced on her lips onto the microphone and capturing the hearts of millions out there, grasping their heart with a deadly grip and having them swoon so dramatically. Except for the parents of the eager kids that attended the show and those watching through the television, they felt the manufactured performance and apparent autotune did nothing for them.

 

All this love brewing in a mass of people, all of the encouragement Irene Montana got was a staggering difference from what the very mundane and slightly quirky Bae Joohyun had.

 

The stage changed in the blink of an eye to a very dull and quiet library, slouches sleeping on the desk, nerdy students engrossed into their books with their noses deeply buried, some other students very quietly talking to one another with whispers and groups of friends gathered in different tables to study what seemed to be trivial information that they would never use. Amongst all of them sat Bae Joohyun by herself, her hair out and about in beautifully brunette tresses that people seemed to compliment far less than her blonde wig. Her face was makeup less, her eyes far less sharp, but somehow it was like she had completely different face and body. Not a bad thing though, she would not be able to stand it if people overwhelmed her with need for autographs. Oh, she would not be able to even function with all the people hurdling around her to breathe the same air, let alone have guys all over her.

 

No, she preferred her solitude and that was totally fine. After all, she still had plenty of homework to do, plenty of puberty to go through and a lot of work all mixed in together. Why had a boychum try to enchant her for status? Why, above everything, waste time with people who would never approach her otherwise? This was totally fine.

 

Until she met one chipper young lady who--if a celebrity herself--would rival Irene Montana and maybe win as well. She did not necessarily blend into the walls like Bae Joohyun did, but instead was a little ray of sunshine that came out the window into your room and gave you a tender hug to brighten your day; she was not one to talk to everyone but she did not ignore anyone approaching her either. 

 

Kang Seulgi was as bright as the nuclear reactors hidden underneath the earth of the sweet old lady that lives next door to you. She had a dynamism that would put anything that moves at a rapid motion to shame, elevated to the fifth potency due to her changing body and increasing hormonal disbalance, characteristics of puberty that even the popstar was going through. And yet, she was not obnoxiously hyper but rather calm and peaceful with her moments of frenzy.

 

It was absolutely startling how much power this girl held over Joohyun. Suddenly, her solitude seemed to bother her.