Love heals broken bones!

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

PROMPT: Stuntwoman!Seulgi and Florist!Irene. Time Limit: 10 hours. Nothing ty, just soft and nice.

 

You’d think that with the cast on her ankle and her arm, no one would be smiling the way Kang Seulgi was smiling at the nurses and the doctor. Her smile was huge, her cheeks fluffed up and her eyes nearly disappearing at her grin and it nearly looked like she had never gotten an injury. Certainly, the doctors looked at her with a bit of confusion, until Seulgi’s friends started to come in with her same high spirits, which did not match Seulgi’s own but still made things easier to understand. They gathered around her bed, patted the girl and wished for a speedy recovery so they can continue working on their project.

 

That triumphant smile on her face was only seen on stunt doubles and martial artists that had taken their injuries with humor and hope, very rarely seen by the normal citizen that was content with just a broken leg. So, when the nurse overheard what had happened to the petite Seulgi, she was not surprised.

 

Business as usual for Seulgi, you see? Her and her group of daredevil friends, all of them stuntmen and women, had been working on new material and -- strangely enough -- while setting things up an accident occurred. A misstep led to a fall, and the fall led to gravity doing its thing. To avoid the painful details, Seulgi was shocked with the pain jolting from parts of her body she didn’t even consider could be hurt, but that was mostly because she hadn’t realized that she had fallen, until she saw the worried faces of everyone. Only when she was taken to the hospital she knew the extent of her injuries, but she knew it was going to be alright, because her body was strong and resilient.

 

Now, awake and patched up, she looked to the future with a bright perspective and more precautions in mind for the future. But besides being grateful that she was alive, she was ecstatic at the visits, seeing old and new faces coming together to pay their respects, to spend time with the injured and to put flowers in her vase.

 

However, all of them knew that Seulgi was far more excited for something else.

 

That something (or, rather, someone) was walking down the hallways of the hospital, making way for the busy nurses and doctors, smiling at the patients being escorted out and giving a respectful smile and nod to those who were in the waiting room. The big bouquet of flowers professionally handpicked was colorful, exuding that subtle fragrance of natural beauty while Bae Joohyun frantically fixed her hair. Especially when she stood outside the hospital door with that familiar number. A number she has seen and been to before, as this was not the first time Joohyun has had to visit her girlfriend in the hospital for her crazy antics.

 

She opened the door and Seulgi looked over away from her group of friends, her already bright face suddenly brightened up a few more notches, if that was possible. Her friends noticed and even the nurse noticed.

 

Joohyun grinned wide and held tightly to her bouquet. “May I come in?”

 

“Yes, please,” Seulgi said immediately, looking up at her friends. “Can we have a minute?”

 

All of them, collectively, nodded and filtered out of the room, the nurse suddenly being dragged with the current of people and leaving the hospital room empty just for the two darlings. The door closed and then there was silence. It didn’t take long before Joohyun just skipped on over excitedly, ing the bouquet right towards Seulgi who was giggling at the excitement.

“I got you all the best flowers,” Joohyun said, then gently handing them over to Seulgi. “They smell great, they’re full of life.”

 

And Seulgi waited not a single second more before she brought them up to her nose, getting that aroma of nature and life, temporarily transported to the vast grass fields back home at the farm -- where most of her young girl antics happened. It was refreshing, far away from the sterilized smell of the hospital, and yet close to the present with the subtle hint of perfume from her girlfriend. Pulling back and looking at it, she smiles at all its colors and turns back to see the brightest color of them all. Bae Joohyun, the brightest woman.

 

“They still don’t match your beauty.”

 

And so Joohyun turned red, giggling like a little girl. “Oh, darling!”

 

Seulgi laughed at it, shifting a bit in her bed and sitting up proper. “I’m sorry I hurt myself again, though,” Seulgi said placing the bouquet on her lap and reaching over to grab Joohyun’s hand, which the florist let her grab. “I didn’t want our date to happen here,” she finished, lifting her hand up and placing a tender kiss on her knuckles. Then another kiss, then several apologetic kisses that made the pouty Joohyun giggle again. “I promise to be careful next time.”

 

“Y-Yah, Kang Seulgi,” she laughed, feeling how the soft, feathery kisses tickled. “Baby, it’s okay. I am happy you’re fine.”

 

Now rubbing her lips across her knuckles, Seulgi hummed before she looked up. “Thank you, Joohyunnie.”

 

And so Joohyun watched her Seulgi show her affection in the many ways she knew. The affectionate bear went from kissing and rubbing her lips across the knuckles to playfully nipping them, traveling down to her soft palm and placing the loudest kisses in there, then travelling down to the more sensitive patch of skin on her wrist, kissing her pulse and below.

 

Kind of crazy how a peaceful, meek florist managed to have such an astounding chemistry with a stuntwoman -- or, as Seulgi eloquently put it, an adrenaline junkie who just happens to be very soft for flowers and nature. It was a strange match made in the corners of heaven and hell, because Joohyun had not an athletic nor prone to enjoy adrenaline or danger, but she loved the excitement Seulgi brought in her life, the happiness in her face when she got a trick down on a skateboard or a bike. Likewise, Seulgi enjoyed the peace and wisdom of her calm girlfriend, the way she calmly told the excited Seulgi to sit down and cuddle and how she (shockingly!) managed to tame such a rowdy beast with a kiss and a hug. Seulgi, as a daredevil, never found true peace sitting still. She always found solace being on wheels, driving her tricycle down the steep hill, learning to handstand, practicing her backflips and falling. Falling and falling, then getting up each time.

 

This time, she fell in the tender gaze of a wonderful woman and she didn’t feel like getting up, let alone letting go. Her energy wasn’t only for the crazy antics, so she decided to always show her love and affection towards Joohyun who was always there for her. It’s not the first time she’s come to visit the hospital, and she has a feeling it won’t be the last, and Seulgi is forever grateful that Joohyun -- despite the difference in occupation and lifestyle -- always showed her encouragement and respect. Not everyone could withstand such a crazy lifestyle, and not many people were willing to reach a settlement out of fear.

“I love you, Joohyun,” Seulgi said softly in between the soft kisses that slowly started to turn passionate and full of slow, lethargic love the more she inched her lips down her forearm.

 

Joohyun, in trance with all the loving, got closer to the bed and started to gently fix and caress the disheveled hair of her lover. The words don’t register until a bit later, when she realized she had broken the silence with her soft, tender mumbles of love. “I love you too, Seulgi.”

 

The nagging thought that this match was going to be chaotic still crossed Joohyun’s mind, but when she looked down at Seulgi and noticed the never-ending fountain of love? She understand that maybe it would get chaotic for a while, then revert to peace.

 

As life tends to be.

 

Perhaps, that was okay, too.