Goodbye

Yin-Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suddenly, Victoria came back, pulling Nichkhun away from Wooyoung. "Why are you stopping me? Isn't this what you wanted?" Nichkhun blinks, ignoring Wooyoung's struggle to regain air into his lungs.

"Yes, but not like this." Victoria explains. "Don't worry though, you'll get your revenge. Just wait a little, okay?" With that said, the druid girl holds out her hand to Nichkhun to take. Before he can though, Wooyoung's voice rings in their ears.

"Don't." The angel begs. "We can ask my parents and clear things up. Just don't go with her." Nichkhun just frowned at him and took Victoria's hand anyway. And the next second, they were gone.

"Wooyoung." Junsu's voice came into the haunted house and the angel realized that the magical barrier was now gone. "Are you okay? Where's Nichkhun? Did he ditch you?"

"Something like that..." Wooyoung mumbles as he nods his answer. He ignored Taecyeon and Nichkhun's other friends pointing out the fact that was impossible since they hadn't seen the other come out. When the others noticed Wooyoung ignoring them, they stopped asking, deciding to ask Nichkhun when they saw him again. The rest of the time at the amusement park was just a blur to Wooyoung.

When the angel got back home, since it was Sunday night, he called out for his parents. "Wooyoung? What is it, honey?" His mother asks him.

"Tell me about what happened to Nichkhun's parents." Wooyoung demands, making his mom blink at him curiously. His father had come into the family room by now too.

"Why do you want to suddenly know this?" His father asks.

"Nichkhun's crazy ex-girlfriend said she knew what happened to his parents and then... Nichkhun tried to kill me via strangulation."

"Nichkhun's ex-girlfriend knows?" His mother frowns at him. "That can't be... Humans shouldn't know anything about the supernatural world."

"Well, she's not human. She's a druid." Wooyoung answers, noticing that his parents' faces went pale as he finished saying this. "What?"

"His ex isn't Song Qian, is it?" His father asks, making Wooyoung blink at him curiously. "I believe she goes by Victoria Song?"

"I don't know about her surname, but she is a Victoria."

"I was afraid of that..." Wooyoung's father frowns.

"Why, dad?"

"You see... Victoria's family was captured a few generations ago. By Nichkhun's familly. I guess all of that negative energy in the underworld corrupted them. Anyway, with Nichkhun's parents gone, the underworld had no ruler. So, everyone is trying to get the throne."

"And that's why Nichkhun had to stay with auntie..." Wooyoung nods, the pieces clicking into his head. "But, why didn't the angels try to save Victoria's family? Weren't we friends with Nichkhun's family?"

"At that time, no." His father shakes his head. "Our ancestors tried, but we couldn't. They don't know that, of course. They assumed we abandoned them."

"And Nichkhun's parents? You were there when they died, but... What happened to them?" Wooyoung asks. "Was it really the angels?"

His father sighed before telling Wooyoung everything. Wooyoung just frowned at the information he was given. Before he could fully process it though, his phone buzzed, alerting him of an incoming message. The angel frowns as he reads the text from Nichkhun. It had a date and a time to meet him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few days later, Nichkhun was waiting at the back of the mansion, in the forest where they had been dropped off all those months ago as their initiation test. Unlike back then though, Nichkhun didn't care what happened to Wooyoung after this was over. Not after what the unsealed memories had revealed to him. Victoria had told him that she's angry with the angels because they hadn't saved her family for their demon captors, so it would benefit them both to work together just once. And though Nichkhun knew he couldn't trust her, he doubted he could trust Wooyoung or the angels anymore either. If he had ever felt alone in his life, those times didn't compare to now. He was truly alone now. So, he had sent a message to Wooyoung, with a date and a time to meet.

The angel came right on time, frowning at him as he did. "Nichkhun, can we talk about this? There are things you don't know."

"I know what I need to know."

"No, you don't. Victoria's lying. She's just using you."

"You're lying to me too, Wooyoung." Nichkhun points out, lighting a circle of flames around the angel.

"I'll expain everything, just..." Wooyoung paused in what he was saying as he realized he couldn't leave the circle. And then it hit him, it was holy fire. "Really? You couldn't just attack me?"

"I thought about it." The demon walks closer, crossing his arms over his chest. "But, I think you should be tortured a little bit. And then, I can call your parents and have them watch as I finish you off." With that said, Nichkhun manifests a flame in his hand, tossing it inside the circle of holy fire and manipulating it so it was scraping at Wooyoung's feet. The angel tried his best to move away from the flames, but eventually there wasn't anywhere to move.

"Nichkhun, please." Wooyoung was desperate now. "Let me tell you what happened. If you're still angry, then you can do whatever you want. It'll be fair that way."

"It would." The demon nods in agreement. Wooyoung's gaze that followed this sentence looked so hopeful that Nichkhun almost felt bad to say what he wanted to say. Almost. "I'm sorry to tell you this though, but life isn't fair." With that said, the fire starts climbing up one of Wooyoung's legs. Obviously it wouldn't kill Wooyoung, no matter how much Nichkhun were to do it, but it would still hurt the angel. And it did, judging by how Wooyoung let out screams of agony.

"Damn sadist." Wooyoung managed through clenched teeth, clearly dealing with the pain just to say that to him.

"Yes, yes, it comes with the job description." Nichkhun just shrugs, watching as the flames slowly crawled up Wooyoung's other leg. Now the flames were up to both of his ankles.

"You're better than this, Nichkhun." Wooyoung was trying to swat at the flames, but that only caused them to attach themselves to his sleeves, which didn't help his case at all. "Stop and let me explain."

"You know what?" Nichkhun questions him. "I was going to call your parents, capture them too, and let them watch as I finish you off before doing the same to them. But, you're annoying with your pleas." As this was said, a bigger flame than the one from before appeared within Nichkhun's hand. "This one is different. It'll ingulf you and will then pull you into the underworld. Angels don't last long down there. So, well, you get the idea." Nichkhun gets ready to pitch the fire at Wooyoung, but frowns when it diffuses within his hand. Wooyoung on the other hand, who had closed his eyes for the impact, was blinking in surprise since that impact never came.

"You really are better than this, Nichkhun. We didn't raise you to be this hateful person." Nichkhun's adoptive mother scolds him, making Nichkhun scowl at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter