Nothing Will Change

Yin-Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suprisingly, Nichkhun's room was different from what Wooyoung imagined it would be. Looking around, he saw that it was brightly coloured and clean, unlike his image of a messy and dimly-lit room. Not that Nichkhun was a vampire or anything. Wooyoung knew the difference. "Sit down." Nichkhun's voice penetrates through his thoughts, making the angel look up only to find the other motioning towards the bed for him to sit on.

"Oh. Thanks..." Wooyoung smiled awkwardly. In all honesty, it was weird. For as long as Wooyoung has known Nichkhun, which wasn't that long, Nichkhun was a jerk to him. By nature, of course, but still a jerk. None-the-less, the angel took a seat. Nichkhun joined him. "So..." Wooyoung started hesitantly. "We're cousins."

"No, only the paperwork says we're cousins. We're not related by blood or in family marriages, so we're not." The demon corrected him. Wooyoung huffed.

"Details. But, does this mean you'll be nice to me at school then?"

"Of course..." Nichkhun was cut off by the door being opened. His mom came inside with some food for the boys.

"Wooyoung, your mom told me you didn't eat after coming back. Since Nichkhun didn't either, I thought I could bring some food up for you and you could eat together." The woman explained when faced with the questioning gaze of the two boys.

"Thanks, mom." Nickhun smiled at her as she smiled back.

"Thank you, auntie." Wooyoung added. The woman nodded before taking her leave, which left the two of them alone again. Wooyoung turned to Nickhun. "Was that a "of course" or "of course not"?"

"What makes you think it was the second one?"

"I don't know... You could just be "the perfect child" at home in front of your parents and mine. But at school, you could be the demon you really are."

"Oh please, I wouldn't..." Nichkhun started only to stop quickly. He grinned at Wooyoung evilly. "I wasn't thinking of that at all, actually. But, thank you for that idea." Wooyoung went silent, knowing that he had ultimately dug his own grave by giving Nichkhun that idea.

The rest of the time was spent eating the food Nichkhun's mom had brought and small talk. Much to their surprise, though they were opposites, they did have a fair amount of things in common. They both liked the same genre of music, books, and television. Not to mention that half of their mentality about society was the same, but Wooyoung assumed that was because Nichkhun had been raised by angels. And by the time Wooyoung's mom had called him down to go home, the boys had made an acquaintance to each other that was to never be spoken of.

The next day, Wooyoung's mom noticed that her son was terribly quiet. "What's wrong, Wooyoung?" She asked, hoping to get an answer out of him.

"I don't want to go to school, mom. But, I know it's important."

"You're not sick, are you?"

"No, I'm not." He shook his head.

"Then, why don't you want to go to school?"

"I have bullies, mom." Wooyoung answered.

"Already? It was only your first day in that school. And it's university too. What are those professors doing? Seriously..." Wooyoung sighed, knowing his mom would be like this. He could have easily told his mom that it was Nichkhun too, but she would have said something along the lines of him not knowing Wooyoung was technically his cousin and that he would stop now that he did know. Wooyoung didn't believe he would though. And there was no way anyone at school would believe him even if he had made friends. Mainly because they were two different species and didn't resemble each ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter