Pain

Yin-Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung was now walking beside Nichkhun to their room that they were assigned. But, Wooyoung couldn't stop thinking about what his mother had told him. They were right there... They watched Nichkhun's parents die before their own eyes...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wooyoung was confused when his mother had said that they needed to talk about how Nichkhun's parents' had died, but he just nodded, waiting for his mother to speak.

"Well, first of all, we were there. Your dad and I were there." His mother started. Wooyoung nods, deciding not to interrupt her as she continued the story. "It started when we were visiting them. We were friends with them and we hadn't seen them since they came home from the hospital with a newborn baby."

"Nichkhun." Wooyoung guessed, making his mother nod.

"Right. The visit was peaceful and Nichkhun really seemed to like your dad and I. We were happy for them and they were happy for us in turn, since we were also about to have our own little bundle of joy soon." She smiles at her son as he looks away with embarrassment.

"Mom!" Wooyoung complains as she just laughs and decides to continue.

"Our visit was interrupted though. We were attacked..." There was a knock on the door, interrupting the story. "Come in." Wooyoung's mother called to their visitor.

"Sorry, was I interrupting something important?" Nichkhun asks, glancing between his adoptive aunt and Wooyoung. The two look at each other before Wooyoung shakes his head, already knowing that however the rest of the story went, Nichkhun was not to know about it.

"No, don't worry. We were just finishing up." He smiles. "Why, what's up?"

"They assigned rooms, for when we have to come here on weekends and such. We're sharing, so I thought I should get you so you don't get lost." The demon explains.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And that's how the two boys are now standing in front of a door, turning the knob to go inside. Once inside, they gasped at the scenery before them. Two king-sized beds were set side by side on one side of the room. On the other side, there were two dressers and mirrors for the clothes they would wear here. Off to the side beside one of the dressers, there was another door which the boys found out led to an attached bathroom. The walls within the rom were a nice creamy colour that felt homely. The carpet was fluffy and coloured a nice royal blue that complemented the walls nicely. The bathroom floor was made of a nice, shiny black marble that matched with the sink countertop. The knobs of the faucets looking as if they were made from quartz.

"Woah, this place is awesome!" Nichkhun smiled, claiming the bed closest to the window. Wooyoung nods in agreement.

"That it is." A new voice agrees. The boys look over to the opened door to find Nichkhun's adoptive mother there. "I see you two like your room."

"Well, I would love it better if I didn't have to share it with him." Nichkhun looks over at the Wooyoung as said angel only sighs in defeat.

"Same to you."

"Boys... Don't start with this again." The woman shakes her head in disapproval before handing them gym clothes. "Wear those and come to the quad, okay? Your classmates are waiting for you." With that, she left the room to allow them to do as she had asked.

"Our classmates?" The two of them repeated with confusion before putting on their gym uniforms and heading to the area that Nichkhun's adoptive mother had specified. Once at the large quad, which basically doubled as a backyard, the two boys found themselves face-to-face with a group of teenagers. Some boys and some girls.

"Your classmates." Nichkhun's adoptive mother told them. "You can get to know them while spending your weekends here as well as when you train with them. And with that, I'm off." She sets her gaze to Nickhun. "And your father will continue on." And with that, she really did leave, retreating back into the luxurious house.

"Well, you two heard her." Nichkhun's father clapped his hands as his gaze set on his son and nephew. "You two will split up and train with others for now."

"For now?" The two of them repeat.

"I was planning to train you two together. But, your mothers were against it, saying that you haven't learned to control your powers yet."

"What!?" Nichkhun snapped. "I can totally control my powers." To demonstrate this, he lit a flame from the tip of his index finger.

"Yes." His adoptive father agreed. "But, what about now?" With that said, the fire to Wooyoung, burning his hand. The burn was deep, making Wooyoung cringe in pain. Beside him, Nichkhun held his eye in agony even if he wasn't the one burnt.

"Why would you do that?" Wooyoung asks his uncle as he uses his own powers to put out the little fire that caught on his skin, the burn healing slowly.

"To prove a point." The man answers, looking over to his son, who was still clutching at his throbbing eye. "I know you both can control your powers, but, you can't control what you never had in the first place."

"What don't we have then?" Nichkhun asks, slowly removing his hand from over his eye.

"That will be shown to you through battle. And if not, I'll tell you myself." His adoptive father smiles at them. "Now, Wooyoung, you're with Jay. Nichkhun, go with... Jo Kwon. The others can pair off at random to do the training, alright?" He instructs and shows the two boys over to their partners.

"Nice to meet you." The two boys introduce themselves as Jay Park and Jo Kwon before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter