The Same

Yin-Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few months have passed since Nichkhun first introduced his new girlfriend to the family. Since then, much to Wooyoung's annoyance, the family has gotten acquainted to Tiffany. According to Wooyoung's own mother, the girl was a delight. According to his father, Nichkhun had gotten lucky with his choice of a girl. No one saw Wooyoung's frustrations about the whole situation. No one except Wendy who had given him the potion in the first place and Junsu who was quite observant when it came to his friends. "His new girlfriend bugging you?" Junsu asks one day in school and Wooyoung can only huff in annoyance as a reply.

"On the contrary..." The angel starts. "She's wonderful. The whole family loves her."

"And that bothers you because you want to be with Nichkhun." Junsu speculates in a matter-of-fact tone. Wooyoung just rolls his eyes and goes back to reading his textbook for the next class he had, not wanting to talk about this anymore. "You know... There is still a way for you to get a chance."

"And how is that?" The angel asks without taking his eyes off the book.

"Look for a flaw, of course." Junsu explains, clearly getting Wooyoung's attention. "You do realize that no one is an angel, right? Everyone has flaws. You just have to find hers and expose the big ones that would make Nichkhun think about whether he really wants her as a girlfriend or not." Wooyoung just blinks at Junsu.

"Yeah, you're definitely not going to heaven with that kind of devious mind..." The angel shakes his head at his friend. "Who knows what other kinds of things you could think up."

"Hey, don't be like that, I'm only saying it for your sake!" Junsu defends himself. "You have to at least try it. You do want him to be yours, right?"

"I don't know if I want him that badly though."

"Trust me, you do."

"And how do you know that?"

"Call it best friend's intuition." Junsu smiles, earning a doubting raised brow from Wooyoung. "Fine, it's obvious by your face." The angel groaned, starting to pack up his stuff. He now wanted to be alone before class so that the embarrassment wouldn't show on his face like every other emotion had, according to Junsu. "Oh come on, don't be like that. At least promise me you'll try."

"How would I even find out something like that though? Stalk her?" Wooyoung blinks at Junsu and the older boy just nods. "I... I was kidding, you know?"

"Well, I wasn't." Junsu concludes. "If you don't, I will. Which would you rather have?"

"Alright, alright, I'll do it." Wooyoung promises before waving bye to his friend and exiting the library.

And just like he had promised, Wooyoung had stalked Tiffany. Not in a creepy way where the stalker follows the target everywhere. But, he followed her for a while whenever he saw her around without Nichkhun. He had done this for about a month before deciding it was fruitless to do anymore. Something in Wooyoung told him to keep doing it though. So, he concluded that this would be his last time to follow Tiffany.

This time though, it was different. The girl didn't go to her regular places like the mall, cafes, or the movies to hang out with friends. This time when Wooyoung saw her, she was in a tight red dress, entering a restaurant. Wooyoung could tell just by the outside that the restaurant was a high-class place, a place Nichkhun would never be able to afford. Being suspicious, Wooyoung entered the restaurant, which proved to be a bad idea when the receptionist asked whether he had a reservation. "I don't. My friends are in there already though." Wooyoung lied for the first time in his life, hoping that the receptionist believed him.

"Alright then, you can look around for them inside." The woman smiled at him, motioning for him to go inside as the angel let out a sigh of relief and obeyed. Fortunately for him, the posh restaurant wasn't all that big, so he didn't have to look for a long time for Tiffany. At the end of the restaurant, at a corner table, she sat with a man who looked a few years older than her. Of course, Wooyoung wasn't going to jump to conclusions right away. He needed proof, especially if this dinner was really a date. Without proof of that, Tiffany could easily wave it off as a friendly dinner.

Lucky for Wooyoung that the two were holding hands and he could snap a picture because he didn't know how long he could stay without getting a table, since he didn't actually have a reservation with friends. And because of that exact reason, Wooyoung too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter