Our Powers

Yin-Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When inside the plane, Wooyoung's father wrapped both the boys in warm and fluffy towels. After that, he laid out spare clothes for them to wear. "You two will get your powers back once we arrive at the mansion, so then you can heal yourselves." He tells them as the two boys only nod, knowing that he won't say anything else before that time.

"Dad..." Wooyoung starts anyway. "Can't you tell us anything about what's going on?"

"I'm sorry, I can't. You'll know in good time, I promise." Wooyoung huffed at that answer, taking one of the sets of clothes laid out and changing quickly. It was a good thing the only ones on the helicopter were men. He didn't want a weird situation with a woman to occur because of this. Nichkhun followed Wooyoung's lead, wanting to get into some dry clothes to keep himself warm until they got to their destination.

It took about ten minutes, but they were finally able to get out of the helicopter and enter the mansion through the roof door. The two were surprised to see both their mothers smiling at them when they walked into the massively-sized common room. "Congratulations for passing." Wooyoung's mother smiles.

"About that..." Wooyoung starts. "What was that?"

"And when will we get our powers back?" Nichkhun questions almost immediately after Wooyoung.

"Right now, actually." His own mother assured the boys, going to a side table that was beside one of the sofas. The table had a lamp on it that was alluminating the little space it could because of the lampshade atop of the source of light. Upon closer observation, the boys saw that there were hidden drawers on the side of the table, which was facing away from where they were. Nichkhun's mother opened one of the drawers and pulled out a small chest. Opening the chest, she revealed two spheres of energy. One was a brilliant white that almost looked transparent like water while the other was a murky black that was blazing out like a flame. "Come here, you two." The two obeyed, walking over to the woman and waiting patiently. "Unfortunately, I can only give back your powers one at a time. So, who wants to go first?" The two look at each other questioningly before Wooyoung speaks.

"Nichkhun goes first, he needs to be healed more urgently than I do." Nichkhun blinked at the other, but seeing Wooyoung's determination to not change his mind, he nodded slowly.

"Alright then." Nichkhun's mother nods, taking the murky black flame into her hand and walking up to her adoptive son. After reciting a spell, the sphere of energy slowly went into Nichkhun's body. A second later, the boy collapsed, Wooyoung catching him before he could hit the floor.

"What happened?" Wooyoung questions at the horrific scene before him.

"Nothing." His aunt replies. "He was born with the powers, so his body had to adapt to being without them. Now, it has to adapt to having them back again. Think about it, Wooyoung. Getting a sudden burst of power, it would overwhelm anyone's body. So, his body shut down on him." She closes the chest as Wooyoung lays Nichkhun down on the floor gently. "In other words, he's just unconscious right now. He'll wake up soon, don't worry."

"I... I'm not worried at all." Wooyoung shakes his head as the rest of the room laughs, knowing that what he said was not at all true.

After a few minutes, Nichkhun did come back, just like his mother had said he would. Then, it was Wooyoung's turn. The procedure was the same, but this time it was Nichkhun's turn to catch Wooyoung and worry about him, much to their parents' delight that they were finally beginning to tolerate each other.

When Wooyoung woke up again and stood up, he was surprised to see that their parents were looking at them seriously now. "So, you two want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter