Party II

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After taking a few more minutes to nap, I went my way to Holler. I didn’t consider Eugene unnie’s instruction. I didn’t wash my face and change my clothes. I just think that it would be useless if I do that. The club stinks with alcohol and sweat of wasted people, and I think that preparing is a waste of time and effort. Well, I at least tied my hair.

The club’s security staffs welcomed me with a smile as soon as I passed their way. I smiled back at them and went inside.

The moment I stepped inside the club, the blaring noise of the music welcomed my ears. As expected, the club residents of IFC are already grooving on the dance floor. Oh, if only Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yuri are here then they’ll know how dance floors should be lit up properly.

I was pulled out in my own trance when one of the senior accountants, Kangta oppa, yelled at the crowd and announced my arrival. “Everyone! Kim Taeyeon has blessed us with her presence tonight!”

I pretended to look at somewhere else as I feel embarrassed for him doing that. I know that no one probably cares about it but I do. The club wasn’t leased out exclusively for us so I pretend that I am just a usual person looking for some fun in the club tonight.

“Miss Kim! You should join us. Let’s party!” Chanyeol enthusiastically invited me the moment I reached the bar.

“It’s fine, Chanyeol. I’m going to sit here!” I loudly replied to Chanyeol as I take a seat on the bar stool and ordered my drink. The excessive music will really destroy my eardrums.

“But can you at least dance with us, please??” Baekhyun whined in protest. He even pouted at me thinking that I will give in to his request.

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun but I don’t dance.” I politely rejected him with a smile.

Baekhyun was about to continue convincing me when I gave Chanyeol a look. He already understood what it meant so he dragged his friend away and bowed before they left.

I turned to the side and see Eugene unnie frowning at me. I raised my brows and nonchalantly said, “What?”

“You didn’t have to be cold with Baekhyun. You know that the guy’s having a crush on you.” Eugene unnie told me as a matter of fact, as if it really does matter to me.

“Yeah. And Dean will absolutely kill him if he saw that.” I snorted and take a sip of my drink afterwards.

“The untouchable Kim. Oh God, what should I do with you?” She told me sarcastically.

I just shrugged my shoulders and replied, “I already came here so let me be in peace with my cocktail.”

“No. Join us. We’re having a truth or dare game.” She said as she shook her head and puts down my drink. She dragged me along with her and brought me to the soundproof cubicle where the others are partying, Tiffany included.

“Everyone! Gather around. It’s truth or dare time!” She instantly caught everyone’s attention as our colleagues starting to gather around us and arrange the seats so that everyone could be included in the game.

Heize took cover for the empty bottle to be used in the silly game and as usual, Eugene unnie dragged me down with her. Baekhyun was about to seat next to me but Tiffany beat her to that. She takes the seat next to me and said hi to me, which I responded with a curt nod.

“Okay! Let’s start the game!” Kangta oppa yelled and everyone started to cheer.

Everyone kept silent when Heize started spinning the bottle. Everyone paid attention to the thing, anticipating on who’s going to be the unfortunate person that will suffer tonight. There has been a curse to IFC employees every time we have a team building and play this absurd game, that whoever gets pointed first will face a multiple of truths or dares.

I know the curse won’t apply to me. I’ve survived this game for a few times, and it will be a total bull if the bottle stops at my direction. I can’t let this people get me drunk or have free information on my personal life, not with Tiffany here around. I can’t let my colleagues know that I’m not an ordinary professional. I can’t let them know that Tiffany and I were once indestructible. And I can’t let Tiffany know about… Crap. The bottle exactly stopped in front of me.

Everyone, except Tiffany started to cheer on as the damn bottle stopped right in front of me. They planned this beforehand. Heize should have definitely mastered doing this. She’s great in estimates after all.

“Truth or dare?” Heize looked at me in the eyes and smirked at me. .

I am curious on how Heize will play me on this so I smugly said, “Truth.”

“How’s Dean doing?” So, my hunch was right. She’s going to ask me about him. This girl is still fangirling over Dean.

I can already see from my peripheral vision that Tiffany’s eyes are on me. I need to be careful with my words. If she knows who is Dean to me, then my plans will go in vain.

I smiled at Heize and answered, “Good. Doing good.”

“When are we going to see---”

“That question is already invalid, Heize. Ask again if the bottle points at me again.” I told her before she can add anything or even finish her sentence.

She was about to complain when I see that Eugene unnie and Kangta oppa signaled her to save her question at my next turn. They know that if this continues, I’ll walk out and ditch the workpapers needed to be signed on my office. Well, too bad for Heize. The hell will I choose truth again.

I spin the bottle and it eventually stopped to Tiffany. I haven’t asked her yet but she immediately said, “Truth.”

Everyone focused their attention to us as they wait for me to drop an interesting question for her to answer. Why did you leave me that day? That’s the question I’ve been dying to ask her right now, but I can’t. I don’t have the enough courage yet to know why she did leave me. I’m not ready to be broken again.

I know that I’m already taking too long for a single question. Before anyone could tell me to pull out on my reverie, I asked my question. “Until when are you planning to stay with us in IFC?”

Tiffany somehow looked at me in disappointment. I can see it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter