Making New Memories in Bali II

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s cold. The temperature of the air conditioner giving me chills. I need warmth so I stretched my arm to the side expecting to feel Tiffany’s body next to me, but find the space next to me empty instead. I groaned in disappointment. I was frustrated until I heard a soft chuckle coming not far from me.

 

I opened my eyes, my vision welcomed by the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. Tiffany looks at me with love and a bright smile on her face. “Good morning.”

 

“Good morning.” I replied dreamily, smiling like an idiot.

 

“Still sleepy?” She asked while caressing my arm.

 

“No. Not anymore. What time is it?” I told her as I sit up and leaned against the huge pillow to support my back. I’m not even feeling cold anymore.

 

She looks at the time from her wristwatch and replied, “It’s 3:30 in the morning.”

 

“What?” I looked at the overlooking view of the beach through the huge window panel and sees that she’s definitely not kidding about getting the whole trip planned. It’s still dark outside and I’m beginning to wonder on where the hell we would go this early when I presume that business establishments are still closed.

 

“Don’t worry, Tae. The place that we’re going opens very early.” She reassured me as if she just have read the question running on my mind.

 

I let out a conceding sigh and replied, “Okay. You got me. Just wait for a moment. I’ll just clean myself real quick before we could go anywhere.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I moved out from the bed and went my way to the bathroom to cater my personal needs. After I freshened up, I went outside and changed into some outdoor clothes matching with Tiffany’s.

 

“So, how do I look? Where are we going?” I asked Tiffany since I’m not sure if I look good with what I’m wearing.

 

The beautiful woman sitting on the couch uncrossed her legs and stood up, giving me a huge smile. Tiffany grasped my hand and said, “You look good in whatever clothes you wear, Tae. Let’s go. We don’t have any time to waste.”

 

She tugged me together with her, and we walked our way to where our designated car is parked. As soon as we both get inside the car and fastened our seatbelts, I asked her once more. “Where are we going again?”

 

“Campuhan Ridge Walk.”

-

 

 

“Aren’t you getting tired yet?” I told Tiffany as we walked further to reach our destination, my legs already starting to give in. It’s not that I am complaining, but we haven’t eaten our breakfast yet and we neither slowed down in the midst of our hiking trail. My stamina’s depleting fast. Tiffany didn’t even let me have my warm-up telling me that we’re going to miss it.

 

“No. I’m fine, Taetae.” She replied with a brief smile, and I watch her wipe her sweat using the pink towel that she’s holding in her hand.

 

Before she could move and take another step, I grasped her wrist and stopped her. Still catching up with my breath, I told her, “Let’s take a break first, Fany-ah.”

 

“Okay.” She told me, and the two of us take our rest on a small bench along our hiking trail.

 

I am relieved that we have brought a bottle of energy drink to quench our thirst. I took a big gulp of the energy drink and made a satisfying sound.

 

“Here. I figured that you’re hungry since you haven’t eaten anything since I woke you up that early.” Tiffany said apologetically and handed me the almond energy bar and banana placed in a Ziploc.

 

I started eating the little treat that she had given me and slowly feels my energy coming back to me. Tiffany must have noticed that my breathing pattern has stabilized as she took my hand with hers and pulled me up. With so much eagerness, she told me, “Let’s go. We shouldn’t miss the sunrise.”

 

Another few minutes of walking and the sun’s about to rise as the skies are becoming lighter. Tiffany and I fastened our pace, not wanting to miss the sunrise. After a minute or two, Tiffany stopped from her tracks which also made me stop.

 

“It’s so beautiful.” Tiffany said in awe, staring at the breathtaking view in front of us. Indeed, it’s one of the most picturesque sunrises that I’ve ever seen. Campuhan Ridge Walk has extensive hilltop views.

 

“Yeah. It is.” I agreed, looking at the side profile of the beautiful person right beside me.

 

Tiffany tilted her head towards my direction. She still has that captivating smile on her face as she says, “I told you that it’s going to be worth it.”

 

“I didn’t complain though.” I told her in a clever, teasing tone.

 

She raised her eyebrow and smirked. I was expecting for a dispute but her reply was a brief, “Point taken.”

 

Then I watched her shift her direction back to the scenic view right in front of us. I do the same. Sharing this kind of sight with someone very special to me makes me smile in content. It was just a simple view to behold, but it’s refreshing.

 

“Fany-ah.” I suddenly blurted.

 

“Mmm?” She hummed, and her eyes still on the greenery. But I know that her attention’s already on me.

 

“Thank you, for everything.” I told her with all sincerity.

 

She slipped her hand into mine, making our fingers intertwine. She subtly shakes her head, her eyes meeting mine. Then she softly said, “No. Thank you, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

“For what?” I asked, only getting a smile from her as a reply. She’s smiling but I can see in her eyes that there’s something bothering her. Please tell me what’s worrying you, Fany-ah.

 

 

We left Campuhan Ridge Walk after the sun has finally risen. Tiffany insisted that we should stay for another few minutes and appreciate the nature’s beauty. And that’s what I did. I took my time appreciating Tiffany’s beauty.

 

While on our way to our next destination, I began complaining to her about the humidity that I’m feeling since I sweated a lot than usual. Tiffany just laughed at me and with her cunning, husky voice she told me, “Don’t worry, we’re almost there.”

 

I obediently waited in my seat until we arrived at this place called, Tirta Gangga. As soon as Tiffany has parked the car, we clambered out bringing our backpacks with us.

 

Tiffany and I walked hand in hand as we go inside its premises. We went to a booth which I presume where we pay our entrance, and continued walking inside.

 

“Are we going to walk and explore again?” I told her since all I see around us is a vast garden, and different sign indicating the visitors to several directions. I even spotted a writing which says ‘trekking’.

 

I find the place beautiful. It looked ancient, but I need a good bath first to enjoy.

 

I felt a light squeeze from Tiffany’s hand. I looked at her in the eyes and she said, “Please bear with me a little bit, Tae. We’re almost there.”

 

I sighed and nodded in reply. She gives me a reassuring smile and we carry on with our stroll.

 

It didn’t take us long when we reached where the pools are located. Since we arrived a bit early, the pools aren’t occupied. We went for the biggest pool and settled our things near the bushes.

 

 

“It’s quiet. You can finally take your bath and do some meditation here.” Tiffany uttered, her small sling bag still attached to her.

 

I jerked my hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter