The Truth Untold

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I entered Tiffany’s office, the sight of Sooyoung eating a piece of cake which I assume came from Tiffany’s refrigerator. The shiskshin’s so engulfed with what she’s doing so I cleared my throat to make my presence known.

"Oh, you're here." Sooyoung briefly replied as she takes a short glance at me and returned eating.

I shake my head in disbelief and take a seat on the single couch across her. I stared at her and said, "I should be the one saying that. I didn't know that you're joining us today."

She glanced at me momentarily and swallowed what she was eating. Sooyoung drinks the banana milk which I also presume she had also taken from the fridge, and made her reply afterwards.

"Sorry. Hyoyeon is busy with her studio today and Yuri has plans with Jung as usual. I thought you'd be busy today since you're back doing office works even at home, and Tiffany was fine with it when I asked her earlier." She explained.

"It's fine, Syoung-ah. I was just kidding. You can eat with us anytime as long as you pay for your own meal."

"Ya!"

"What? It's true." I chuckled shortly and looked at my phone to check the time – 12:45PM.

"What's taking her so long?" I muttered.

It seems like Sooyoung heard me as she made her reply. "I heard from her secretary that the meeting was delayed so they'll end late."

"Oh, well let's just wait for her then." I told her as I stand up and get myself a drink from Tiffany’s fridge.

After getting my drink, I joined Sooyoung and comfortably take my seat on the single couch opposite to her. I casually opened the lid and take a swig of the cherry vanilla-flavored Dr Pepper and take in the view of the city and the countless skyscrapers of Yeouido.

I was letting myself lose into the sight until I heard Sooyoung talking all of a sudden. "What if things happened differently ten years ago? Say, you went home when you received a text message from Tiffany but the moment you arrived at your house, Tiffany selfishly decided to cut off her relationship with you out of the blue."

I held my composure and faced her. I snorted and said, "Where did you get that crap theory, Syoung-ah? That is just the most stupid thing that I've ever heard from you."

"No offense. It's just hypothetical, Taeng. I'm just wondering what you will feel and what will you do if it was the case." She told me casually.

The way of Sooyoung is staring at me, I can already tell that she’s studying me. So I keep myself cool and said, “Hypothetically, if that bull happened...” I breathed in and continued “I will go after her and ask her what’s wrong. I will never let her go without telling me what went wrong."

“But...”

Before she could finish her question, I beat her into it and already made my answer. “But what if she won’t see me anymore right after leaving me like that? I will mope, probably start asking myself what I could have done for her to end our friendship like that, to leave me. I will get mad at her. I will hate her.”

I watch her twitch her lips as I presume she’s already constituting another question. It didn’t take ten seconds when she asked, "But what if Tiffany comes back years later, say after ten years, to make things right again? Still hypothetically, Taeyeon."

So she asked you to do this, huh?

I furrowed my eyebrows and pretended to think. "After ten years? She's already too late then. What if I've finally moved on from her? What if I'm already dating that time?"

"But will you at least forgive her, for leaving you without giving you any reason at all for ten years?"

"No."  Yes.

"But she's Tiffany, your Miyoung. The woman you love all your life."

I have to suppress my smile with that statement. I know Syoung-ah. I know.

With a serious expression I said, "That won't change the fact that she left me with whatever reason that she had."

"Even if you still love her?"

I nodded. "Even I love her."

I take another sip of my drink and hear her sigh. "Stubborn and cold-hearted as I've expected."

"What's with these questions anyway, Syoung-ah?" I boldly asked her.

Does Tiffany’s conscience already wavering? I wanted to add, but I remained silent and let her talk.

"Nothing. I'm just bored and curious with things, that's all."

Our little interrogation ended just like that. Sooyoung went back to the fridge for a moment and see what she could take. She started stuffing again while I opened a less vexing topic – about Jessica and Yuri’s growing relationship.

We were finally having some fun, laughing at how whipped Yuri is when we heard clicking of the heels. Tiffany appeared with a frown on her face.

She must have not noticed me so I speak up. “Hey.”

She blinked her eyes a few times and finally recognize my face, her frown finally turning into a smile. "Hey.” She looked at me and Sooyoung and asked. “What are you two talking about?"

 Tiffany then approached me and gave me a peck on the lips. "Sorry, my meeting ended than usual, and I hope you don't mind if Soo will tag along with us."

I smile at her. "It's fine. Sooyoung here got bored and she asked me about what could I have felt and done if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter