Lunch

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yul, Sica. It's nice seeing you two." I smiled at the both of them and shifted my glance at Tiffany, giving her the same smile that I was giving the two.

We walked our way towards Yuri and Jessica's table and have our seat with them. Tiffany takes her seat beside Yuri, and I beside Jessica.

Yuri raised her hand to call the waiter and I heard her tell him, "Kindly add two similar to our orders. Thank you."

The moment the waiter left, Yuri clasped her hands and shifted her glance to me and Tiffany. She grinned and happily said, "So, finally! It's a wonderful view to see the two of you acting less awkward and friends again!"

I nodded lethargically and fiddled with the fork in front of me. When I noticed that Tiffany's eyes are still on me, I give my best smile and leaned back on the backrest of my seat.

I told myself to change topics before I get into the hot seat. But even before I can open my mouth to speak, Jessica beat me to it. "I'm glad that Taeyeon finally ended the cold treatment that she's giving you. I'm actually tired of knocking some sense out of her."

"I'm actually surprised that she came to me first. I wasn't expecting her to do that." Tiffany dreamily shared to them.

"She came to you first. Taeyeon did that." Jessica said in interest and gives me an incredulous look.

"Taeyeon did?!" Yuri gasped and reached for her phone lying on the table. Then she added, "Hyoyeon and Sooyoung should know this."

"Tell them to come over. We should celebrate. Right, seobang?"

"Seobang?!" Tiffany and I said in unison.

I snorted and bit my lip as I stifled my laugh. I looked at Jessica and smirked at her. "So that's why you're not visiting me anymore in my office. You're now occupied by your seobang."

"Do the other girls know about this?" Tiffany asked Yuri whose face started to redden in embarrassment.

"N-no. I don't want them to know it yet because Sooyoung and Hyoyeon's teasing is much greater than yours and Taeng." Yuri shyly replied with her head down.

"Tiffany, you talk to Yuri first. I'll talk to Sica and interrogate her, okay?" I casually told her like our friendship never went down the drain.

Tiffany nodded with a smile and started talking with Yuri. I hope that the two won't talk about how Tiffany and I went into good terms, or Tiffany could at least skip the part that I barged inside her office and kissed her without notice.

I don't want to let my plans end this soon. Tiffany can't know yet that I am already seeing another person, that I am committed with Dean who's far away from me. And Jessica would also kill me if she'll know about that.

The moment Jessica and I get enough privacy just outside the restaurant, she crossed her arms and gives me a stern look. "Spill."

"Nice distraction you did there, Sica. You're not the type who carelessly share her paramour but you still did." I shake my head in amusement and snorted.

"Don't change the topic, Taeyeon. What's with the sudden playing nice and all again with Tiffany?"

"Why, am I not allowed to be friends with her again?" I countered.

Jessica sagged her shoulders and sighed, "You can! But not with that wicked plan of yours! Let me guess, you acted rashly and went inside her office and kissed her."

I almost cursed when she exactly knew what I did earlier. I was going to defend myself, but I know that there's no way that Jessica will let me talk so I just nodded my head and let her continue to speak.

"You're aware that she just doesn't see you as her best friend anymore, right? You know that she loves you and you're taking that into your advantage. Oh my god, Taeyeon! What did you do this time? Don't tell me that you did make out with her?!"

"So you're saying that Tiffany loves me romantically and I'm taking advantage of that?" I scoffed and rubbed my chin. My impertinent attitude should have answered her question by now. Then I shake my head in disbelief and started laughing. "That is... that is... that's absurd!"

"There's nothing stupid about it Taeyeon. You know it, but you're just feigning ignorance. You're blinded with this vendetta and I don't know why I am even letting you do this!" Jessica said frantically.

I waited for her to calm down before I made my reply. When her anger finally subsided, I calmly replied, "Because you know what she meant to me. You know what I've been through. Because you know how much it hurt me when she left me."

"Taeng, Jessica? What are the two of you doing here outside?" Our confrontation instantly ended when we heard that voice. We looked to our side and see Sooyoung and Hyoyeon staring at us.

"Hyo. Syoung." I said in surprise. I completely forgot that these two were invited to come over.

"Hyoyeon, Sooyoung. Hi! How long are you too have been standing there?" Jessica casually greeted the two. Hell, she's better at me on acting.

"We've just arrived and saw you two here. What are you talking about?" Sooyoung eyed us suspiciously, especially me who's acting weird.

Still out words, Jessica answered her question. "We're just talking on how Yuri and I get developed."

"Oh. So Tiffany's saying the truth on the phone! That kkabyul, really. She was even stuttering when we called her and asked for details. Good thing that Tiffany's there to talk." Hyoyeon chuckled in amusement.

"Ah, right. Speaking of Tiffany, before Yul lost her ability to speak she said that you and Tiffany went here together. Is that true? Are you friends with her again?" Sooyoung asked.

Jessica and I exchanged quick furtive glances, then I looked at the two who are expectantly waiting for my response. I smiled at them and nodded.

The two of them sighed in relief. Sooyoung pats my shoulder and say, "I'm glad that we're over this. You just don't know how much you made Tiffany happy for being at least friends with her."

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung went first inside the restaurant and watched them walk their way inside. My lips curved into a smile.

I wouldn't know that I was already smiling until Jessica whispered to my ear, "You're smiling because of shikshin's words, because your heart knows that you're happy to have Tiff back in your life. But I know that you won't let go of your ego, so I'll tolerate what you're doing for now."

Jessica started to head back and I followed right behind her. When we arrived our table, the arrangements of the seats have changed. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon sit on the opposite ends, and Tiffany and Yuri in the middle where it leaves me and Jessica to sit on the opposite remaining seats next to Tiffany and Yuri.

I casually takes my seat beside Tiffany and smiled at her. Jessica gave me one last look, telling me to be careful and I warily nodded.

My attention got distracted when Yuri suddenly mentioned my name. "When Tiffany and I were having our own talk here, she told me everything that happened today which made her and Taeyeon friends again."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter