Dear Taeyeon

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It’s two o’clock in the afternoon when my meeting with the executives of Kim Corporation has ended. After days of discussion with my father and the board of directors, we finally agreed that I’ll take over as the CFO of the company for the meantime.

I have no plans yet to take part in my family’s business but Tiffany insisted me to do so.

After knowing Tiffany’s side from Irene, my plan of revenge had backfired on me. Learning that Tiffany had to struggle, that she persevered to extend her stay just to be with me made me feel bad.

That’s why I told myself that I’ll make it up to her. Even if it means to bury the past and start anew with her.

I decided to leave Tiffany a text message, telling her that I’m done with work and asking her if I could see her.

While waiting for her reply, I stared at my bookshelves and scanned randomly. Now to think of it, there’s something that has been missing here for days.

I fiddled my fingers against the wooden table, thinking of what book is missing. My eyes grew large when I recalled what it is—my diary.

Right.

I immediately stood up from my seat and searched for it. I looked in the drawers, the cabinet, I checked my entire study room but found nothing.

I was about to give up and call it a day when I remembered that I placed it inside the compartment of my car.

I hurriedly went to the garage and unlocked the car door. I checked the compartment but find it empty. Even looked under the seats, thinking that I might had dropped it but found none.

Right. I searched for it a few days ago.

Then I decided to contact Yuri since it came to me that I lent her my car last week since her car is still being confined to the repair shop after getting involved into a minor traffic incident.

After the third ring, Yuri answered the call.

“Hey, Yul. Perhaps, did you see a blue notebook in my car that day when you borrowed it?” I asked anxiously, feeling uneasy that someone might have gotten my diary and read its content.

“Oh. What kind of notebook?”

Yuri’s still her usual naïve self, and it somehow gave me relief. This means that Yuri doesn’t have it.

“It’s thick, and kind of worn out.” I shortly described.

“Ah! I think I have seen it.” Yuri responded animatedly.

It made me raise my eyebrows and replied in equal energy. “Oh, really. Where?”

“Sica. I thought it was one of her precious planners.”

. Of course, Jessica would see it and won’t hesitate to take it.

“Did she happen to open it?” I asked, silently hoping that Jessica didn’t dare to open it and tell Yuri about it contents – my cries and woes about Tiffany during the previous years, and my confession of getting my memory back.

“Uh, I really don’t know, Taeng. Are the contents of that book confidential? Should I get it to her and give it back to you?”

“No, Yul. It’s okay. Jessica and I have appointment today. I’ll just get it to her.” I told my friend, even though I really don’t have any appointments with her busy girlfriend today.

“O-kay.” Yuri said hesitantly.

I was about to end the call when I heard Yuri saying something from the other line. “We’re not having any problems right, Taeyeon-ah?”

It seems like Yuri’s finally getting a gist of the situation. It made me sigh and assured her. “You don’t have to worry, Yuri-yah.”

Let’s just hope that the diary doesn’t reach Tiffany.

 

After making the call with Yuri, I went to Jessica’s company without any hesitation.

Gladly, the receptionist is kind and has recognized me so she didn’t bother me as I went my way towards Jessica’s office, at the top floor of the building.

As soon as the lift made its sound and opened, I stepped out and continued walking. Jessica’s staff began to greet me as I pass through the hallway, and her secretary smiled at me.

I smiled back. “Hi, Ariana.”

“It’s good to see you again, Miss Kim. Do you have any appointments with Miss Jung?” The ever loyal secretary of Jessica asked me protocol with her superficial smile.

“It’s urgent.” I returned the smile and continued, “You can tell your boss that I’m here.”

“No need, Miss Kim. I was just kidding.” Ariana giggled. She only stopped when she noticed that I was in no time for jokes.

“See you later, Ari.” I told her and carried on to Jessica’s room.

The fake smile that I was wearing immediately vanished when I closed the door the moment I entered Jessica’s personal workspace.

She’s drinking her tea with composure as she watches a rerun of a fashion show. I see that Yuri already gave her a heads up that I’ll be going here. It seems like she’s anticipating my presence as an iced coffee is already prepared for me.

I didn’t come here to have a chitchat with her so I directly cut to the chase. “Where is it?”

She places down her cup of tea on its delicate china and obliviously answered my question with another question. “What do you mean?”

I know that she’s doing this on purpose.

My patience is running thin. But I don’t want to argue with Jessica so I try to keep my temper at bay.

“Where is my diary? And don’t you dare lie to me because I talked to your girlfriend just now and she told me that it is wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter