Flight

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't know but, Taeyeon's reaction the moment Kangta delivered the news about New York is kind of strange. I heard that the branch's reputation is highly commendable. And knowing Taeyeon's skills and achievements in this industry, there shouldn't be a single reason for her to get worried.

But as the week passes by, it made me realize that it's not what Taeyeon is concerned about. She's too calm for someone who's being bothered by it. I noticed that her mood just changes when I bring up about the trip, on how excited I am to work on field with her.

Unlike the Taeyeon that I know, this Taeyeon is more reserved. I feel like there's something that she's hiding. I can't even directly ask her because I know that she would just pretend that she didn't hear my question. Taeyeon is good at that. She actually have mastered the arts of bluffing and ignoring, that I cannot read what's on her mind anymore.

But I am sure that it has to do with me going with her. She's uncomfortable with it, but she just doesn't show it when we're together. It suddenly made me wonder on what's with New York that Taeyeon doesn't want me to come along with her.

I was pulled out of my reverie when someone knocked on my door and Taeyeon's head popped in when the door opened. "Am I not disturbing you?"

I smiled on how adorable she is and then shakes my head. "No, come in."

The door opened wider and she fully entered my room. She closed the door and looked at me with a smile on her face.

Taeyeon approached me and stands behind my seat. She placed her hands on my shoulder and asked, "Busy? What were you thinking?"

I placed one of my hands on her right hand and rubbed it. "You."

She removes her hands off my shoulder and turns the chair around, making me face her. "Me?"

I looked at her lovingly and nodded, "Yes, you."

"Could you tell me what you were thinking? Or imagining?" She teasingly said with a smirk on her face.

"Tae!" I reacted unbelievably.

"I'm just kidding." She chuckled for a moment and then holds my hand. She looks at me in the eyes and worriedly asked, "So, really, what is it? I’m your friend, you know."

She never forgets to emphasize that word but I disregarded it. I just shrugged and casually replied, "I was just thinking that it will be our first trip out of the country together."

"Mmm. You're right." She agreed as she fiddled with my fingers.

"Have you already packed your things? We're already leaving tonight."

She stopped fiddling with my fingers and nodded with an enigmatic smile that I wish I could decipher. "Yeah. I'm done packing last night. I actually came here to ask you if you're really sure that you want to go with me since this is an official trip and I don't want you to get pressured."

"No, it's okay. Actually, I'm glad that it's me who they decided to come with you. I can't imagine you and Baekhyun on a trip together." I sincerely told her.

She groaned and annoyingly said, "Ugh. Don't remind me on that."

I raised my brow in curiosity. "Why? You did go on trip with him before?"

"Not just with him, all of them. I just don't like the guy. He's too clingy. He still continued approaching me even everyone told him that I already have..." She stopped. I waited for her to finish her sentence but she didn't. It seemed like she was about to spill a big secret in front of me and before she could do that, she managed to stop herself.

"You already have what?"

She softened her expression as she sees my unwavering look. Then she answered, "That I have already dumped him. That there's no chance that I'll see him as a man."

I twitched my lips and curtly nodded. "Okay."

"Enough talking about him. Are you done with your papers today?"

"Mmm. I am." I nonchalantly told her.

"Then let's go. My luggage is already in your car trunk. It wasn't locked. I hope you don't mind." She holds my hand and was about to pull me up but I resisted.

"But it's too early. Our flight is still at ten o'clock in the evening, and it's still four o'clock in the afternoon." I reasonably told her.

"Let's have dinner on that traditional restaurant near the airport then. I’m craving samgyupsal these days." She said with her dorky smile.

Until now, I can't believe that Taeyeon accepted me back in her life. It felt surreal. I was expecting that it will take me months to persuade her, but here we are.

Her inconsistent moods doesn't bother me at all. Well, they actually are. But who am I to complain? I should be thankful that Taeyeon is trying hard.

I just pray that whatever we are having now will last. Until when? I don't know. I just want Taeyeon to be by my side again.

Taeyeon is now raising both her eyebrows as she waits for my answer. I stand up from my seat and said, "Okay. You go first. I'll just change to my comfortable traveling clothes for a moment."

She placed both of her arms around my waist and placed her head on my shoulder. "Do you need help?"

"Taetae!"

Then there it was – the ahjumma laugh that I loved finally made its appearance. A smile appeared on my face. I'm glad that I get to see and hear her like that again, and that I am the reason for it.

Her laugh died after a few moments and said, "I was just kidding. Take your time. I'm going to see Kangta oppa and Eugene unnie first. See you later."

She breaks the hug and placed a kiss on my forehead. And I watch her left my room.

After work, Taeyeon and I went to the airport first to check in each of our luggage. And while waiting for our flight, the both of us went on the restaurant that she was talking about and had our scrumptious dinner.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter