From Her Perspective

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*fany's pov

Since we’ve seen each other again, Taeyeon never failed to remind me on how I abandoned her, on how I didn’t keep my promises with her. She always made me sure that I will feel remorse, and she succeeded with that. I’m just controlling my temper because I know that I am in no position to complain.

I know that Taeyeon loathes me to the extent that she wanted to curse at me, and yet here we are - heading our way together on a restaurant to have our lunch. I am already aware of the fact that since from the beginning of our rendezvous, she’s just forced to go out with me. Of course, why would you go out with someone who had caused you emotional pain for a decade?

At first, I didn’t agree with Yuri and Sooyoung’s plan during the homecoming. Even though I know every principle that Taeyeon encompasses in her life, I still didn’t want to force her on something that she doesn’t want. But Yuri told me that if I would do nothing then I might lose Taeyeon forever, and I don’t want that. I will get her back not just as my best friend but something more than that.

It didn’t take us long to arrive at the restaurant. The maître d' welcomed us on the entrance and Taeyeon greeted him by patting his shoulder. I suddenly wondered if Taeyeon is a patron of this restaurant. I greeted the maître d' with a short smile and followed her inside.

The interior of the restaurant amazed me. It’s not the typical restaurant that you see in Seoul. The restaurant has large mullioned windows, long embroidered curtains that cover the place from the radiating heat of the sun, dark walnut tables, and perfect table setting. There’s even a delicate live piano music playing at this hour. The place is so beautiful and classy, just like Taeyeon.

"Oh, Sooyeon-ah, you're here." I heard Taeyeon said with a hint of surprise in her tone. I looked at the direction where she’s staring and sees Jessica.

Jessica stands up awkwardly from her seat and greeted us, "Oh, I didn't expect to see you both here. Having a good time?"

"Mm hmm." Taeyeon replied at her casually. I can see the expression on Taeyeon’s face as soon as she saw Jessica. Her mood became lighter. I wanted to walk out right at this moment but I don’t want to leave Taeyeon in her hands.

"Is Taeyeon being nice with you, Tiff?" Jessica asked and looked skeptically at Taeyeon as if they’re speaking through telepathy.

"Uh, yes." I answered sturdily.

“Since you’re here, why don’t you join us?” Taeyeon clasped her hands and smiled at her brilliant idea, well not for me.

Jessica should have seen my uncomfortable expression so she asked, “Is that okay with Tiff?"

"Oh, I'm sure it's okay with her. Right, Hwang?" Taeyeon looked at with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Y-yeah. Right." I chuckled nervously and agreed.

It’s not like I do have a choice to say no and make Jessica go away. Even if I do that, Taeyeon will detest me more for sure.

The three of us takes our seat on the place where Jessica was sitting just a while ago. Taeyeon and I are sitting next to each other while Jessica is sitting across us. The maître d' arrived with the menus and handed us each.

“Three rib-eyed angus steaks, three Caesar salads, and one bottle of red wine please.” Taeyeon stated the order even without looking at her menu.

“You can finish them all?” Jessica looked at her in disbelief.

I see from my peripheral vision that Taeyeon shifted her gaze at me to see my reaction but I was still holding the menu, pretending that I’m still busy looking for something to eat.

Taeyeon puts down the menu in my hand and looked at me with a brief smile. “I already ordered.”

She takes the menu and handed it back to the maître d' before he left to get our orders.

I see Taeyeon’s phone lighted up on the table and it seemed like someone’s calling her. I read the name on the screen and raised my brow. Dean? Is she studying masters this time?

Taeyeon noticed that her phone’s ringing. Before she could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter