What Happened Pt 2

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surely, time does fly fast especially when you’re too occupied with everything. Who would’ve thought that Taeyeon and I could keep up this kind of arrangement for already two years? Flying to and fro Los Angeles and Seoul is tiring. Long flights, adjusting to timezones are really pain in the .

 

I’m just wondering where Taeyeon gets all the time and energy with her frequent visits when she’s a busy woman. I know my girlfriend. She has a low stamina. I remember asking her about it before and she just told me that the only recharge she needed was me.

 

She’s too sweet and thoughtful, I know. I’m glad that vengeful Taeyeon is gone. When she said that we’ll start over again, we really did. She even made a list of things we should do together to make up for those years we lost each other.

 

The last place we’d been to was Universal Studios which was three months ago. It’s also the last time I enjoyed before our thesis started.

 

I miss Taeyeon in times like this. Especially right now when it is our second anniversary as an official couple.

 

I sometimes regret taking this post-graduate course but I’m already here.

 

I was almost home when my phone started ringing. I smiled upon seeing the caller ID and immediately answered the call, putting it into handsfree mode.

 

“Happy anniversary, baby!” Taeyeon’s enthusiastic voice blared inside the car, which I don’t really mind.

 

“Happy anniversary, boo. I just want to cuddle with you right now.” I told her in a whiny voice.

 

She chuckled shortly and replied, “Hang in there. You’ll see me very soon.”

 

I kept on pouting even though she doesn’t see me. I guess it’s out of habit. I really do miss her.

 

I noticed that her background isn’t too noisy unlike our previous phone calls so I asked, “Are you already inside your office?”

 

“Yes. How about you? How’s your thesis going?”

 

I heaved out a sigh and said, “I really don’t know why I agreed on taking up this master’s degree.”

 

“To make sure that Hwang Empire will remain undefeated by Kim Corporation?” She’s at it again, trying to piss me off with our rival companies.

 

I didn’t refute her this time and instead told her what I am really feeling that moment. “I miss you.”

 

I heard her yawning from the other line. Then she replied, “I miss you too.”

 

I checked the time from the stereo and realized that it’s still 7 o’clock in the morning in Seoul.

 

“Hey, aren’t you too early for work? You should be sleeping right now.” I told her with a worried voice.

 

“It’s fine. I had a long sleep. Don’t worry, I’ll get some coffee later.”

 

I know she’d be stubborn so I dropped the subject and asked her, “When are you coming back?”

 

“Are you home yet?” Great. Answering my question with another question.

 

I parked the car in the garage and turned off the engine. I placed the phone on my ear and answered, “Uh, I just arrived. Why?”

 

“Okay.” She casually said.

 

Not really answering my questions, huh.

 

I grasped my bag on the passenger’s seat and stepped out of the car. I checked my phone to talk again with Taeyeon and surprisingly, she ended the call.

 

I scoffed. It’s our anniversary and yet she’s acting like that.

 

I grouchily hit the passcode of my door. My mood has gotten worse so I intensely pushed the door, hitting something in process.

 

“Ow!” A familiar voice said in pain.

 

My eyes widened after seeing who I have just accidentally hit. She stopped rubbing her forehead and grinned widely. “Surprise!”

 

I thought that I was just hallucinating, that maybe I’m just tired from school and missing Taeyeon’s just taking its toll on me. I was about to ignore the imaginary Taeyeon but got stopped by her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter