I Need Your Help

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(It's Sooyoung/Narrator's POV once again)

 

 

 

I’m going to have a good night. Sooyoung told to herself the moment she’s done making the final touches of her make up for the rest of the evening.

 

The tall woman decided to pay a visit to her parents this evening after receiving a text message from her mom that she made new recipes and they’ll be having them for dinner. The shikshin she is, Sooyoung instantly told her mom that she’ll be there.

 

It’s food and her mom’s cooking, so here’s no way she could refuse that. That’s why she declined the movie invitation from Yuri and Jessica this afternoon. Rather than being a third-wheel to those lovebirds, Sooyoung stayed the entire day inside her residence and killed the time until the clock finally 8 o’clock in the evening.

 

After looking at her reflection in the mirror for the nth time, Sooyoung retrieved her sling bag and moves her way out of her bedroom. It didn’t take long when she felt a soft buzz from her coat’s pocket and her ringtone started to make a noise.

 

Thinking that it’s her mom calling to her, she immediately fished out her phone from her pocket. But her excitement died as she glanced at the caller ID. It’s Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow, wondering why Tiffany would call her at this hour when she’s supposed to be out with Taeyeon cherishing their time together. Putting aside her question, Sooyoung didn’t hesitate further and picked up the call.

 

“Sooyoung-ah. I need your help.” An anxious Tiffany said from the other line.

 

She furrowed her eyebrows as she processes the words that Tiffany just told her. Because right now, it’s only food that what’s on her mind right now.

 

Food, food, food. I’m going to eat Umma’s new recipes tonight. Sooyoung’s glutton persona made a mantra.

 

Before her gluttony overtakes her, she shakes her head and focused on what Tiffany just asked her. After realizing what Tiffany just said, Sooyoung’s eyes widened and began bombarding her friend some questions. “Are you okay? Did something wrong happen between you and Taeyeon? Did she regain her memories?”

 

Sooyoung started biting her nails, feeling unease. She can’t stand to have two of her closest friends to be in a bad terms again. Not now when Tiffany’s coping with the decade she missed with Taeyeon.

 

“No, no.”

 

It made Sooyoung stop biting her precious nails, and she sighs in relief. “What is it then?”

 

There was a short pause from the other line and Tiffany finally responded. “Are you busy? Can you can over? I want it to tell you in person.”

 

Sooyoung pursed her lips and nodded as if Tiffany could see her. “Okay. I’ll be there in an hour. Will that be fine?”

 

“It’s fine. Thanks, Soo.” Tiffany said, her voice a little bit lighter. Then the call ended afterwards.

 

Sooyoung glanced at her watch and checked the time. It reads 9 o’clock in the evening. She dialed her mom and placed her phone next to her ear. “Hello, umma? Something came up. I’m sorry that I couldn’t join the family dinner.”

 

“Why? Is there a problem?”

 

“Uh, Tiffany called. She needs some help about some stuff.” She briefly told her mom not wanting to worry about Tiffany since she had already considered her and her other friends as daughters.

 

“Oh. Okay. Send my love to Miyoung.” Her mom said sweetly.

 

She smiled and replied, “Okay, umma. Send my love to appa and unnie.”

 

Sooyoung ended the call and placed her phone back to her sling bag. She collected her car key on the cupboard near her door and wears her shoes.

 

“It’s okay, Choi Sooyoung. Food can wait, but being a good friend can’t.” She uttered to herself and leaves her condominium unit.

-

 

“Hi. Thanks for coming.” Tiffany welcomed as soon as she opened the door to her condominium unit.  Sooyoung walks inside and removes her shoes, changing into Tiffany’s spare in-house slippers.

 

“So, what happened?” The tall girl asked as soon as they walk their way inside Tiffany’s beautiful home. Sooyoung w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter