Troubled Friends

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sooyoung’s POV narrated by the author

 

It was already a late night. Even though she’s snoring, Sooyoung’s sleep had been peaceful until a disturbing noise made her groan in annoyance. She was already in the verge of eating that tasty food in her dream when that noise wakes her up.

Sooyoung mumbled incoherent words and let her hand search for the source of the noise. She grasped the phone from the nightstand and lazily opened her eyes to see who the hell interrupted her good night sleep.

She sighed seeing one of her best friends name on the caller ID. She knows that Tiffany’s not the one who make random calls at late nights so she made an exception this time and swiped the screen to answer the call.

Sooyoung placed the phone onto her ear and sleepily said, “Hi, Tiff. What’s up?”

‘I’m fine. Sorry, did I wake you up? Can I ask you something?” Tiffany apologetically said and asked her.

“It’s okay. Fire away the question that’s bugging you this 2 o’clock in the morning.” The tall woman yawningly replied as she checked the time from the alarm clock resting on her nightstand.

“I’m really sorry to disturb you this hour, Soo. But you know that if I call Hyo or Yul at this time, I won’t get any answers.”

The tall woman nodded in agreement and sits up, her back leaning on the pillow sham behind her. “Yeah. And they’ll even yell at you for ruining their beauty rests. So, what is it? I presume it’s about someone whose name is Kim Taeyeon.”

“Yes, Soo. And actually, we’re both in New York now.” Tiffany informed.

“Oh, so that explains why you’re calling me at this hour which is strange. Wait, what?! You’re with Taeyeon in New York right now?! Are you taking your lost time and exploring the world together? Did you tell her already what you really feel for her?! Oh my God, Fany! I’m so happy for you!” Sooyoung replied in a happy, sincere tone.

Her drowsiness is already gone after overreacting and thinking of the possibility that the relationship that was adjourned for ten years because of a childish reason could now finally happen.

“Soo. Calm down. We’re both in New York, but it is related to work. And the answers to your question are all no, though I wish I can answer them with yes.” Tiffany told her in a rather sad voice. She could sense that even though Tiffany and Taeyeon are in good terms right now, there’s still something off with what’s Taeyeon acting. She just can’t point it out yet.

Her smile faltered in guilt for Tiffany and said, “Oh. I’m sorry. I just thought---”

She heard Tiffany sigh and reply, “It’s alright, Soo.”

“I just really hope that the drama between the two of you will come to an end. By the way, what’s your question?” Sooyoung replied as she recalled her friend’s favor earlier.

“Ah, right. I’m just curious if Taeyeon’s been taking her master’s degree, that’s all.”

The random question suddenly made her laugh. She shakes her head on the thought of Taeyeon having enough time to get another master’s degree when she’s too occupied with her work. “Pffft. Does Taeyeon have any time to study? Why are you curious about it anyway?”

“I just noticed that she’s always on her phone with someone named Dean.”

Dean. They almost forgot about him. No, they did forget the fact that Taeyeon already has a boyfriend and still let Tiffany to pursue her. Now Sooyoung knows why Taeyeon is acting like that. But what she doesn’t understand is why Taeyeon let this happen and hide her relationship from Tiffany.

Sooyoung was distracted on her thoughts when Tiffany called her name. “Soo, still there?”

She contemplated whether she should tell Tiffany the truth or not. But she told herself that she is in no position to disclose Taeyeon’s relationship so she lied, “Oh, Dean? Well, Dean is… ugh, kind of Taeyeon’s advisor.”

“Oh, okay.”

Sooyoung feels sorry for lying t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter