Confession

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IFC Korea gave both Taeyeon and I some days to rest after sending us on that business trip on New York. I know that the institution is being exaggerated on giving us a five-day break, but I didn’t mind it as I badly needed some time to process everything that happened in New York.

I thought that I would already be having a good time with Taeyeon, that we could fix everything about us, but I was wrong. It just got worse.

It started bothering me on why Taeyeon had let things happen to us even though she has already a boyfriend. A thought of Taeyeon doing this just to get even with me already crossed my mind, but I didn’t care. I don’t care at all being used by her as long as I can be with her again. I know I sound desperate but that’s how I badly wanted to be accepted by my best friend again, to be loved by the person named Kim Taeyeon again.

Not receiving any messages or updates from IFC or Taeyeon, I changed my clothes and headed my way to the institution. I know that even Taeyeon was granted by the institution a week's worth of leave, she won’t use it and still come to work. She has to be there, I need to talk things with her.

When I arrived at IFC, I immediately walked my way to our department. I was quite curious on why Seulgi isn’t in her station. I know that Taeyeon wouldn’t want her secretary missing in case she needs something. I wondered if Taeyeon didn’t go to work today.

I was on my way out of the Accounting Department when I met Seulgi on the hallway. “Seulgi, has Taeyeon been here?”

“Hasn’t she told you yet, Miss Hwang?” She politely told me.

“Tell me what?” I asked her in perplexity. No one told me about anything, and I assumed Taeyeon asked everyone to keep this information from me.

“Everyone knows already that she’s transferring to New York.”

I almost lose my senses when she told me that news. I think of any possible mistakes that I might have done that she didn’t tell me about this decision of hers. I mean, I know that I’ve done her wrong but I deserve to know about this.

Not wanting to make Seulgi pick up anything, I calmly asked, “When?”

“Tomorrow. I thought you already knew since you were with her on the trip.” She said apologetically as if it’s still part of her job to tell me about her boss’s whereabouts.

“I didn’t… we didn’t talk about it.” I hesitantly replied.

I took my phone from my pouch and tried to call Taeyeon. The phone started ringing but it ended up in the voice mail. I tried calling her once again but it is still the same.

I looked at Seulgi and tried asking her. Maybe she knows where Taeyeon is. I heard the two of them are close after all. “Do you know your boss, your unnie’s whereabouts?”

She twitched her lips and somewhat tried to think whatever she knows and finally said, “I’m not sure but she told me that she’s going to Jeonju to get some of her things.”

“Okay. Thank you, Seulgi.” I patted her shoulder and sincerely smiled at her before leaving the office.

I headed my way to the parking area and went inside my car. I told myself to stay calm and not panic since I still have some time to stop Taeyeon from leaving. I took my phone and dialed Taeyeon’s number but my call is automatically being sent into her voicemail.

Where are you Taeyeon-ah? I my car engine and started driving. I should not waste any time. The more I stay idle, the more I lose my chance to see Taeyeon again. I have to do something.

As much as I hate to admit it, Jessica crossed my mind. She is Taeyeon’s confidante and she could tell me everything I needed to know about Taeyeon’s plans. But I don’t have any idea on where Jessica lives. Going to her company crossed my mind, but there’s no way that her employees will let me see her since I don’t have any appointment with her.

My problem was instantly solved when my phone started ringing and I saw Yuri’s name on the caller ID. I answered the call by pressing the button on my steering wheel and automatically said, “Yul, I need your help.”

“Huh? Why? Is there something wrong?” She responded in utmost concern.

“Taeyeon. She’s leaving. And I need to talk to Jessica in case she knows Taeyeon’s plans. Where are you now?” I nervously informed her about Taeyeon and asked her impatiently.

“I’m actually on my way to her office now.”

I sighed in relief and said, “Perfect. I’m on my way there too. See you there.”

“O-okay.”

Before I end the call, I remember to ask her. “Why’d you call anyways?”

“Ah. I was supposed to call Jessica but I pressed your name instead.”

“Glad that you made that mistake. Thanks, Yul. See you there.” I told her and ended the call.

I pressed further the gas pedal and changed gears. I overtook the car in front me and sped up my way to Blanc and Eclare. I didn't know that I'll be able to use my knowledge of the shortcuts that are existing in the streets of Seoul. In no time, I arrived at the company.

I parked my car on a convenient space in the parking area and get off from the vehicle. I walked my way to the company building and spotted Yuri waiting for me outside the entrance.

"Did I keep you waiting? I'm sorry." I apologetically told Yuri as soon as I reached her.

"No need to be sorry. I just arrived here." Yuri replied in assurance as we entered the company premises.

Some of the employees politely bowed at us, more specifically at Yuri as we we walked pass through them. I suddenly wonder if Jessica's employees are like this when Taeyeon visits her. But then, it came to me that there's no way that Taeyeon visits her in the office. It's been Jessica who has been always visiting Taeyeon in her office.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Yuri asked me with a smile.

I made a brief look of our surroundings and noticed that the interior design of the place have somewhat changed, and there are less people in this floor. I must have been n in a daze for the entire time that I just realized where we're at right now.

I looked at Yuri and curiously asked her, "Do you think Jessica knows what Taeyeon is planning?"

She just shrugged her shoulders and casually told me, "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

Then she opened the door in front of us and steps to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter