Party

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the hell, Taeng? Why is she here?” Jessica asked me the moment Eugene unnie and Tiffany stepped outside of my room.

I shifted my gaze from the door to Jessica and said, “Lower down your voice, Sica. She might hear you.”

“Okay. But tell me what’s happening right now. Wait, did you even call me today on purpose.” She told me accusingly.

I rubbed my temple and faintly said, “I’m sorry, Sooyeon-ah.”

“You’re still not telling me something.” She eyed me in suspicion as she tries to squeeze everything out from me.

I looked at her and bit my lip. I think that there’s nothing a person can hide from Jessica Jung so I spoke. “I didn’t tell you sooner but since she’s here, I’m going to tell you. Something happened to us. We had… .”

“What?! Are you out of your mind?” She madly asked me.

I know that she would react like this. Well, I bet Sooyoung and the other girls will be like this too if I tell them. But no, they are also Tiffany’s friends so Jessica’s enough.

I avoided Jessica’s glare and looked down saying, “I was tempted. She was drunk and so was I. I wasn’t able to control myself that time.”

“I know you, Kim Taeyeon. You’re still hiding something. You fiddle with your fingers when you’re up to something. Spill.” She told me impulsively.

I kept fiddling my fingers for a few minutes. I just spoke when I feel that Jessica’s eyes are still on me. “I’m… going to make her pay for abandoning me.”

“You’re insane! You’re not playing with your own best friend’s feelings. You won’t.” She said as she shook her head in disapproval.

I raked my fingers through my hair and closed my eyes. I breathed heavily and said, “No, Sica. I will. I can. And please don’t try to stop me.”

“What do I do with you, Kim Taeyeon?” Jessica said in exasperation and I heard her heave a sigh.

“I’m sorry, Jessica. But I promise I will stop if it gets worse.” I assured her.

“You better do.” She warned me.

The look in Jessica’s eyes tells me that she still doesn’t approve my plan. Like, who’s a friend that will approve your madness? I feel relieved that she’s somehow tolerating me to do this. And I feel sorry that she has to be involved in this.

Minutes have passed and the both of us remained silent. I was waiting for her to reprimand me more, to convince me not doing my plan. I was silently hoping for that. But I also needed Jessica to at least be with me on this. Then a few seconds later, she finally spoke. “Okay, I need to go. I still have meetings to attend. And by the way, I won’t be coming here often. I don’t want to be your accomplice in doing your plan.”

“But you’ll still visit me, right?” I looked at her in full anticipation.

“But not that often. I just also don’t want these people around you think that you and I are corporate spies. I know that they didn’t even know that you’re the heiress to Kim---”

“Ssssshhh. Someone might hear you.” I cut her off before she can finish her sentence.

She sighed and stands up from her seat. “Okay. Good bye, Taeng.”

“Yeah. Take care.” I casually said as I walked her at the door and let her leave.

When Jessica is far enough from my vision, I glanced at Seulgi who is busy taking down some notes which are probably from Eugene unnie and approached her. She stopped from what she was doing and looked at me. “Is Miss Hwang still in her room, Seulgi?”

“Give me a minute.” She said to whoever she is talking on the other line and covered the speaker. She smiled at me and said, “Yes, Miss Kim. Should I dial her landline and tell her to come and see you?”

I smiled at her and said, “No. It’s okay. I’ll just go to her.”

I turned my heel around and started to walk towards Tiffany’s room. Then before I forget, I looked back at Seulgi and uttered, “And Seul, I told you to just call me unnie when the other bosses are not around.”

“Ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter