Contemplation

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed and shoved the phone beside me, staring now at the ceiling blankly. I tell myself that I’m being rational for what I am doing but my conscience says differently.

I grasped the phone beside me, moves out from the bed, and walked my way out of the hotel room to find Tiffany.

She must have not gotten that far so I walked to the receptionist area and asked the in-charge if they saw Tiffany going out and where direction did she take.

“I saw Miss Hwang went to the hotel’s lounge bar.” The in-charge informed me. I replied my thanks and immediately went my way to the lounge bar to look for Tiffany.

Fortunately, there are only few patrons inside the bar so it wasn’t difficult for me to spot Tiffany. From afar, I could already see that she already finished half bottle of the bourbon that she ordered.

As she poured her just emptied glass, I approached her and took the drink from her. I glared at her and began to reproach her. “What do you think you are doing, Tiffany?”

She took the glass from me and tipsily said, “Let me be. Leave me alone. Just go and see Dean since he is your boyfriend.”

“Why are you acting like this, Tiffany?”

“Why? I don’t know. Maybe I’m just too delusional, hoping that we could be real." She straightforwardly replied. She snorted and shakes her head.

Then she looks at me in the eyes and I could see how miserable she is right now. I thought she’s done talking until she absentmindedly added, “How about you, why are you doing this to me Taeyeon-ah? Haven’t I proved myself to you already?”

That’s it. She’s already drunk. I put away the glass from her reach and moved closer to her. “Miyoung-ah. Let’s go back.”

I was about to take her hand and bring her out with me but she lightly yanked her hand out of my hold. She shakes her head and sternly said, “If you’re not going to answer my question, just leave me alone, Taeyeon-ah. Please.”

I looked at her eyes for a moment and sighed. I nodded and granted her request. I walked out of the bar. But instead of heading back to our room, I stayed to the lobby. She’ll never going out there sober, so I decided to wait for her.

I expected to wait for an hour or two for Tiffany to get out from the bar, but after twenty minutes of waiting, she tipsily walked out from the bar.

I immediately stand up from my seat and walked towards her direction. She reek too much of alcohol that I could even smell it from a few meters away. Tiffany was about to trip herself just when I catch her in time.

I firmly draped my arm around her, and met her gaze. She is drunk, but her eyes are still mesmerizing as always. She placed her hand on my face and dreamily said, “Taetae.”

I carefully pulled her up and said, “You’re wasted, Fany-ah. Let’s go back to our room.”

Tiffany didn’t reply, but she didn’t object either as I sling her arm around my shoulder and supported her as we go back to our room.

The moment we reached our bedroom, I carefully set down Tiffany on the bed. Out of malice, I removed her stunk from the alcohol clothes and dressed her into her pajamas. I let her sleep on the bed while I walked out of the bedroom and slept outside the living room where the wide couch is located.

Tiffany and I didn’t talk in the morning when she woke up. We just ate our breakfast silently, packed our things, and headed to the airport right after to catch our flight back to Seoul.

When we arrived at Seoul after our long flight, the two of us wordlessly took our luggage from the conveyor belt and walked our way out to the arrival area.

As we reach the waiting area for private cars, she breaks the silence that’s surrounding us and uttered, “I’m sorry for being a .”

Tiffany wasn’t the one who acted like a , I was. I pursed my lips and sincerely responded, “I’m sorry too.”

Then there was silence again. A few moments passed when she speaks again, “Are you going home now?”

“Uh, yeah.” I ineptly replied.

“Need a ride? My car will be here anytime.”

“It’s okay. Jessica’s on her way to get me.” I politely declined. It’s not that I don’t want her to send me home, but Jessica already volunteered to pick me up. And besides, I haven’t given my address to Tiffany or our friends. Only Jessica knows where I exactly live right now.

“Oh. Okay.” A hint of disappointment evid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter