Distance

Precious Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon sighed as she looked away. The scene in front of her really breaks her heart. Her bestfriend Nayeon and one of her good friends Momo started dating a few weeks ago. She stood up and wanted to walk away but a hand on her wrist stopped her.

"I'm coming with you." Mina said with her soft voice. She can't help but noticed how fragile it sounds like. She gave her a smile and offered Mina her arm to hold on to. 

"Where are you two going?." Nayeon asked confused.

"Somewhere." Jeongyeon simply said as she walked away with Mina.

Nayeon was confused. Jeongyeon was really different in the past few days. She's not teasing or bothering her anymore something that Jeongyeon would love to do everyday. She haven't seen Jeongyeon laughed as much as she used to either.

"Is there a problem?." Momo asked.

"No." Nayeon lied and Momo, being Momo was completely clueless that it was just a lie.

--

"You okay?." Jeongyeon asked Mina. 

"C-can y-you h-hug m-me?." Jeongyeon can see how embarrass Mina was but also can see how bad the girl needed one. 

"From now on, whenever you need one just ask me." Jeongyeon gently placed a hand on Mina's arm pulling her closer and hugged her completely. 

"We are in the same situation. I think we have no choice but to rely on each other huh?." Jeongyeon joked to cheer the younger girl up and it did. 

It's not that Jeongyeon and Mina are not that close but ofcourse Jeongyeon have Nayeon and Jihyo while Mina have Momo and Sana as their bestfriends which doesn't really gave them any reason to talk to each other. Eventhough they don't really talk except for hi's and hello's, since the two knew each other's secret they automatically feel like they're connected.

"Does Sana know?." Jeongyeon asked but Mina shook her head.

"It's not that I don't trust her but Momo is her bestfriend too. I don't want her to feel like she needs to be there for me as much as she needs to be there for Momo. How about you?. Does Jihyo know?." Jeongyeon nodded. 

"You know how smart that girl is. Eventhough you won't say anything she just knew." Mina didn't say anything but hugged her tighter.

"Momo is so stupid you know. I can't believe she would waste someone like you." Mina moved away from the hugged and looked at Jeongyeon confused.

"I mean, look at you, you're the closest thing to perfection." Jeongyeon said stating a fact. 

Mina is beyond gorgeous. She's beautiful inside and out. She's smart too and can do almost everything. She's kind and loving. Jeongyeon can clearly see how much Mina loves Momo. Too bad Momo can't see it. Eventhough she and Mina are in the same situation, she wants to protect the girl as much as she could but knowing how cruel the world is, she knows she can't protect Mina from hurting. All that she can do is be there for her.

The bell rang indicating that the lunch time is over. Since Jeongyeon is older they don't go on the same class which worries Mina because it means that Jeongyeon would be alone with Momo and Nayeon. She always texted Sana to please look after Jeongyeon for her which surprises the latter since she doesn't really know when did the two became close.

"I'll walk you to your room." Mina said as she clings on Jeongyeon's arm.

"You will be late if you do that." As much as Jeongyeon would love Mina to accompany her, she wouldn't let the girl be in trouble because of her.

"It will be just a few minutes besides, take it as my thank you for letting me hug you." Mina said blushing. Jeongyeon just shook her head smiling at the girl's cuteness.

"Let's go then."

--

Their class ended up a little bit early. Jeongyeon waited for Mina at the lockers since she's still worried about her. Jeongyeon was used to this pain she have seen Nayeon dated before but for Mina, she knows that the pain must be almost unbearable she knows it, she's been there. 

"Aren't you going home?." Nayeon asked. She looked around and saw Momo was still fixing her things in her locker and Sana who just looked at her asking if she wanted some help but she just smiled as if almost saying that it's okay. She doesn't know if Sana knows her feelings for Nayeon or not but sometimes it feels like she knew. 

"No. I'm waiting for Mina." Nayeon's smile faded. 

"Are you and her...you know...dating?." Nayeon asked.

"What if we are?." Jeongyeon can see how shocked Nayeon was. 

"So you are dating." Nayeon said sulking as if she's a kid and someone just stole her favorite stuffed toy which made Jeongyeon confused.

"Why didn't you tell me?." Nayeon was somehow felt betrayed.

"Did you even tell me when you and Momo started dating?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter