Hope

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 49: Lights shine upon us

“Why are you here again Kim Seokjin? Aren’t you tired to see me every day?” she folded her laundry neatly while scanning the restless Jin in front of her.

Jin shoved his hand inside his pocket, nibbling his lower lips probably rehearsing an excuse to drag Seul out today. He had used up almost everything and left him with nothing. “Do I need an excuse to see you?”

“Funny, how i am seeing your face more than my actual boyfriend. Does Yoongi know that his roommate is hitting on his girlfriend?” she joked.

'Yoongi. Yes that is the key' Jin was amused by his brilliant brain.

“Actually, I am here because of Yoongi” he scrutinized her facial expression fully aware that the mention of Yoongi finally caught her attention. Seul paused for a second before grimace “What about him?” she acted as if she didn’t care, however Jin knew it better that she was ready to flip the laundry in her hand.

Seul returned her gaze to Jin examining his expression as the corner of his lips quirked in a twisted smile. “You care” he stated in matter of fact tone.

“Kim Seokjin, he is still my boyfriend or that is what I believe. Of course, I care” she emitted a soft sigh.

“He didn’t want me to tell you this, but you deserve to know the truth. Yoongi got into accident-“ a pile of laundry flew across the room as soon as he dropped the lies. Her eyes bulged in fear “Wait? What? Where is him now? Is he badly hurt? Jin tell me, tell me. Please tell me, he is alright!” not long after, Seul shed tears and Jin freaked out.

“Why are you crying? Yah, Ji Seul..Don’t cry, you are scaring me. Calm down” he collected her small hands in his, sitting him down next to him. This was a mess, if and only Yoongi would ask her by himself, he didn’t need to face the humiliation which only hurt his reputation in front of Seul.

She sniffed, glancing at Jin face in hope for explanation to her unanswered questions “J..in.. Bring me to him, please”

“But you have to promise me you wont cry, also dress warmly”

Silent and pale , she clutched onto his arm tight with teary eyes. All she could think was Yoongi’s well being and on top of all Jin’s explanation was too vague. Was he being serious?

 

It took Seul exactly five minutes to fully dress even though she managed to sob in between her changing, but it didn’t slow her down. She was looking anxious as soon as she exited her apartment tailing Jin from behind like a lost puppy.

Keeping shut whilst blinking away her stubborn tears in process, she saw the familiar black SUV few feet away from them. The door of the vehicle slid open magically even before Jin could press the button.

It was dead silent.

None of the boys inside dared to breathe a word realizing this could be one hell of a ride. Technically, judging from Seul and Yoongi serious fight, it would be an awkward ride. Yoongi could hear the faint footsteps from outside approaching the vehicle. He bit his lower lips feeling a little scared to finally see his girl friend again face to face.

Not to mention, their last meeting wasn’t pleasant at all.

And, they had no idea what tricks that Jin pulled to get Seul agreed to go with him willingly. Considering Jin, it could be anything extreme.

Finger cross on that. Yoongi noted in his mind calmly.

“Seul, come… get inside. Will you stop crying?” the older guy tried to pull a straight face as he didn’t want to ruin the plan.

“Why would she cry?” Jungkook’s flinched in confusion, sparing a glance at Yoongi glum face. Aware of the situation, Yoongi assumed the older guy might use his name at some point to trap guilt Seul. He wondered how extreme Kim Seokjin would go to attain Seul’s presence here.

“I didn’t cry” they heard Seul curtly replied.

Jin smirked “ Yeah, said someone with Rudolph nose” she chose to dismiss his teasing and climbed inside the SUV with a heavy heart. She wasn’t ready to see Yoongi’s body on the hospital bed. Whatever happened to him, she felt like it was her fault that it happened.

Upon entering the vehicle, she froze at her spot scanning all the familiar faces in front of her. Well, she didn’t expect anyone else to come pick her up except for Jin. Her eyes landed on Yoongi whom sat across the seat near the entrance. With that, she gasped in horror, not believing the man that was supposed to be all bruised and maybe paralyzed looking fine and healthy in front of her.

Yoongi glanced up and smiled awkwardly at her way earning a surprise gasp from the small girl again.

Was that all lie?

Who cares when the love of her life looking flawless as ever showing no sign of broken arms?

Wasting no time, Seul went straight to Yoongi, crashing the dazed guy into a tight hug. “Oh my god Yoongi” she exhaled a sigh of relief. Her tears cascaded down without she realized, as she squeezed the man tighter relinquishing her fears.

It gave Yoongi no time to digest, so he pulled the girl into his embrace, rubbing her back slowly giving her the comfort that she needed.

“What the hell did you say to her to get Seul work up like this?” said Jimin, eyeing Jin who just took the empty seat near the closing door. He was about to respond but their attention was shifted to the lovebird.

Seul pulled away a little to take a good look of Yoongi’s face, “Jin said you got into accident, I was worried sick because he wouldn’t tell your condition. He told me to see for myself, so I thought..something bad happen to you” she sniffled. Seul’s statement caused Jin to receive multiple deathly stares from the members.

They need not to speak anything to show their resentment towards Jin bad choices, he could tell they were all annoyed by his choice especially Yoongi. If eyes could kill, Jin would be dead by now.

“When I said…” Yoongi’s tightened his grip protectively around her waist, as he breathed the remaining words “to bring Seul with you, I didn’t say to relay my fake death news to her!”

“Yoong, what is happening?” she took a quick glance at everyone before returning her attention back to Yoongi, demanding a justification from him.

“Oh well, maybe extreme, at least you have her back in your arm, to be exact on your lap” Jin retorted, followed by silent snickers from the rest of the men.

‘Right’ Seul had forgotten the fact that she was residing herself maybe a little too comfortable on Yoongi’s laps. Her cheeks reddened at his remarks, “Sorry…” she muttered under her breath.

His brow arched in amusement, he was baffled by her apology when it wasn’t practically a mistake for her to sit on his lap. He’s her girlfriend after all and she had the right to be in his embrace without his consent. Yoongi sensed small movement from the petite girl; like a reflex, he held her waist tighter purposely halting her further move.

“Mmm, yoong, can you get your hands off me?” she whispered as her eyes wandered restlessly.

Jimin and Jungkook exchanged a meaningful look as the younger boy teasingly said “This is not what I expect from both of you. Are you sure that you guys are actually fighting?” his lips curved upwards as it turned into a playful smirk.

“Jeon mind your own business” Yoongi heaved a heavy sigh. She was still struggling to get away from Yoongi’s firm hold but to no avail. It seemed like she couldn’t get away by anytime soon. She didn’t hate the fact that she was this close to Yoongi, since everything wasn’t in good place few days ago, it was awkward.

The last thing that they should do was to have this excessive skinship.

Noting the obvious tense in the air, Namjoon deliberately suggested the rest of the members to put on their headphones to give some space for the couple to solve their unresolved issues. Of course, the maknae line weren’t practically interested with their leader’s suggestions. They even had the audacity to fool Namjoon and pretended to listen to music when it was all an act.

Seul and Yoongi didn’t pay much attention to them as they waited everyone to calm down. After a while, Yoongi felt a soft tap on his shoulder, a signal from Namjoon. Finally, everyone was already preoccupied with their smartphones and they had at least some privacy to talk.


“So, what is going on?” Seul broke the silence, as she shifted on his lap to be more comfortable during the ride.

Yoongi took a deep breath, and he mesmerized her with the earnest look in his eyes. Seul unconsciously fisted the hem of his shirt and she let herself to be drowned into those sparkly eyes.

“I am sorry”

“Yoong-”

“I am sorry for everything. For doubting you, for pushing you away. I was being stupid and selfish. I thought that would be the solution to all this mess. I wanted to protect you, and when I failed miserably. I felt worthless. I am not good enough for you” he shook his head, averting his gaze feeling guilty over the petty fight that they had.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter