Trust

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 48: We gather and we ask: ‘What happened?’

 

“Ji Seul, are you seriously going to mope around like this whole day?” Jin tugged the blanket a little trying to entangle the whiny girl from being swallowed further. Both of them pulled an all-nighter, after the fight that she had with Yoongi, Seul hadn’t even move an inch from her bed.

Jin’s nagging flew past her, unspoken, even though his voice filled the empty room. Neither Ji Hoon nor her mother could pull the girl out from her sadness. Seeing her in that condition, Jin had decided to stay for the night looking after Seul. At least, he managed to force the stubborn girl to clean herself first before she fell asleep.

Jin too, didn’t understand the roots of the problem. He admitted Yoongi had been given her the cold shoulder. However, the guy wasn’t that open when it came to his feelings making it hard for him to analyse the situation.

“Ji Seul, get up now”

“No…”

“Burying yourself under the sheets won’t bring Yoongi back, so get up now. Then, we can think of something”

“No, I don’t want. Let the sheets swallow me so I don’t need to face Yoongi anymore” Seul whined softly, kicking her legs when Jin rolled her over entangling her petite body once again from the comforter.

“I believe that is impossible little one. Yoongi is not going to disappear by anytime soon, neither do you. And, this sheet is harmless. Entangle yourself before I use force on you”

Sighing deeply, he sunk beside her exerting a little force at the top of her floral comforter as a warning. Seul remained stoic still adamant with her decision to stay in bed all day long. Annoyed, Jin decided to take this matter in his hand. He glanced up, signalling the uninvited guests to enter the gloomy room.

“Are you sure you want to disobey me now Ji Seul?”

“Go away Jin, I don’t need you to babysit me” she managed to mutter grumpily, burying her face in the pillows.

Jin rolled his eyes “You are leaving me with no choice, don’t say I never warned you” the two giggly men were ready with their attacks. As soon as they got the signal from Jin, both of them jumped into the bed filling both spots beside Seul.

The older boy raised from his seat watching Seul squirming under her sheets, as they continued to tickle her side leaving the sulky girl breathless.

“We heard Jin hyung needed help, so we came as fast as we could to get you out from bed” she recognized that sweet mocking voice. He doubled the torture on her ticklish spot, earning a loud squeal from the helpless girl.

“Jeon Jungkook let me go this instant, s..top.. oh my god”

“No no, until you promise to get up and go out with us” Jimin chortled.

“I swear to god Jimin, Jungkook.. I will murder both of you”

Jimin laid down beside her properly, throwing his legs over her body trapping the girl so she couldn’t move. “Seems like the only thing you can do now is to beg for your freedom” he chuckled.

Witnessing the bold move, Jungkook then mimicked his hyung with a playful smile. He purposely rested his legs on top of Jimin, pushing his heel against the older boy’s creating a small friction just to annoy the hell out of him.

Noting the unsettling warmth, Jimin threw him a meaningful glare as a warning. However, Jungkook being Jungkook, he couldn’t back down from that harmless glare, didn’t he?

“Jinnie, help me..They are suffocating me. Please please, they are heavy” Jin chuckled to himself as he could tell she was pouting underneath the sheet.

“Seul-ah I did warn you about this didn’t I? I will be outside when the three of you are done with this. You kids, spare her clean air will you? You are squishing the oxygen out of her system” he warned, eyeing them before exiting the room.

Jungkook and Jimin entangled themselves from the poor girl and helped Seul to sit up. Seul grumbled under her breath obviously annoyed by their antic, they tugged the sheet down from covering her face.

“We are not sorry for trying to get your attention” said Jungkook as he combed her hair neatly with his fingers.

“Hyung said you refuse to eat and stay in bed whole day. That is unhealthy Seul-ie” he took her cold hand in his, caressing with care. Seul averted her gaze from meeting Jimin because she always has a soft spot for it. No one can deny the power that Jimin’s hold from his mere gaze.

Jungkook brushed hair off her shoulder, and now taking his turn to her hair matching Jimin’s speed. “Hey, we know this is a hard time for you and Yoongi hyung. Please do not torture yourself. You guys need time to cool off, the solution to this problem will come around” he whispered, planting a soft kiss on top of her head.

His sweet gesture for Seul was supposed to be harmless yet Jimin felt something tug at his heart. He had moved on from liking Jungkook, this was just part of his lingering feeling for the younger man wasn’t it?

“We believe you can overcome this, but you need to allow us in. Let us help. It is enough if you let us to stay by your side” as Jimin spoke, his gaze remained fixed on Jungkook round eyes. For the first time, Jungkook’s breath hitched, unable to look away.

The latter was enthralled, obviously taken aback by Jimin’s sudden dominance. He made fun of Jimin’s submissive nature sometimes and now he had the taste of his own medicine for making fun of the older boy. Why was he losing his mind over it?

‘Why did cat get your tongue?’ Jimin mouthed the words with a smug look on his face.

Jungkook cringed in annoyance then mouthed back ‘Focus, you kitten!’

They held their gaze looking super competitive until Jimin had enough and decided to break the gaze first. Cheering Seul was their main mission, he should focus on it. This Jungkook issue could wait.

She pressed her lips into a thin line, pondering on the things happened between her and Yoongi. In fact, she was trying to avoid Yoongi in her head and it only brought more heartaches. Seul shifted slightly, burying her face in Jungkook’s chest “I am sorry that I am worrying both of you. Thank you for coming” Jimin soften knowing Seul finally took the liberty to respond to them.

One of his arms s around her waist and pulled her in closer, returning the hug.

“We want you to feel better, why don’t you shower and get ready. Let’s go out for a picnic!” Seul looked up in daze. She couldn’t fathom the idea of having a picnic this late.

“Jeon it is going to be dark soon, who the hell go out for a picnic at night?”

“I am offended. Hobi hyung and I always choose night time to have our picnic. It isn’t wrong!” he grimaced, poking the girl’s forehead with his slender finger.

“It is not wrong, but it is weird”

“Breaking the stereotype that picnic belongs to day time only. Han river has the nicest view at night. You miss all the joy in the world. Seul you are boring..”

“For someone that has his schedule packed with activities, I didn’t take you as a guy that would sneak out at night to have your romantic picnic by the river with your lover”

Jungkook gasped dramatically, placing his hand over his chest “That accusation is severe. Hobi hyung is not my lover”

“I am not talking about Hobi obviously”

Jimin’s brow quirked in curiosity as he changed the topic before it got any weirder “We are still going Seul, and I am not taking no as an answer. Dress warmly because we are going to have a nice walk!” he ruffled her hair.

“I don’t feel like moving” she whined throwing herself back on the mattress. Thanks to Jikook amazing reflex, both of them held out their arms acting as barricade so Seul body wouldn’t return to her bed.

“Shower now and don’t make me do it for you”

Seul smacked Jungkook muscular arm “You ert!”

“Excuse you, but you are in no position to call me ert when I had seen it all before” Jimin heart sunk once again upon hearing the words coming from Jungkook.

Why do they have so much histories together? Jimin groaned in his head.

She blushed at the unexpected revelation “Geez, shut your potty mouth Jeon. Refrain yourselves from spilling more of our past”. Finally, Seul was on her feet to get ready. She couldn’t risk Jungkook unravelling their past again. Not now.

“Wait outside I will be ready in 15 minutes” her figure disappeared behind the doors giving Jimin space to send a soft jab against Jungkook chest. “I hope you have a good explanation on your weird behaviour just now” he hissed.

“Why are you so affected by it?”

“I just..stop doing that, Seul will think something is wrong”

There was nothing Jimin couldn’t handle, like Jin’s bad dad joke, and he still could survive the day with it. However, Jungkook had been acting odd for weeks sending weird signals to him which came to the point it rekindled the feelings that he used to have for the maknae.

Whenever he brought up the issue Jungkook would either turned defensive or would never take it seriously. As if the younger guy had something to prove, like it was some sort of games to him? Whatever it was Jimin wouldn’t let it shake his feelings. He wouldn’t take the dangerous path in life knowing this could be a false signal by Jungkook as part of his usual prank.

Jungkook nodded in agreement “I don’t mind Seul to think that there’s something going on between us, what about you hyung?” he leaned forward bringing the heat of his body dangerously close to him.

He emitted a soft whimper still not used to be in such close proximity with Jungkook. One small move from either of them, their lips would touch. Therefore, Jimin’s literally froze in his stance hoping this torture would end soon.

The words stuck in his throat, as if Jungkook sweet tangerine fragrance hindered the voice from coming out. A grim smile touched Jungkook’s lips.

“Why? Did cat got your tongue Jiminie?” he pulled away holding the playful smile on his lips. The moment he drew away from him, Jimin stormed out from the room without hesitation. His heart raced as his small hand clenched into a small fist.

Stop it Jimin, stop. You can’t be affected by this.

 

-

The cool breeze was refreshing and somewhat therapeutically worked for Seul’s cold heart. Technically, the conversation that she had with Yoongi didn’t end well. Yet, if she could summon one person to warmth her, it would still be Yoongi.

Jungkook and Jimin had been bickering over an hour now whilst Jin trying to get in between them. Apparently, the older guy was tired dealing with their endless banter, so he paid attention to the game in his phone instead.

Meanwhile, Seul chose to keep shut, admiring the view and of course with Jikook loud voice as the background. There was no peace however she liked it. At least it was one thing that still made she felt like home, the boys.

Their presence was enough to make her feel less lonely.

She missed Yoongi.

She wished to hold him again.

Despite the fight that they had, nothing could stop her feelings from loving that man. The love just kept getting stronger and it reminded her to not give up on him. Being with Yoongi taught her to love and be loved.

How she wished Yoongi would appear before her?

Jin tore his gaze from the phone in his hand, and his attention now was fully on the quiet girl across him. He heaved a soft sigh, unfolding the fluffy blanket that he brought earlier before wrapping it around her body. At least his move garnered her attention “Are you alright?” he queried softly.

“I am alright Jin, thank you” she snuggled herself inside the blanket, seeking for the warmth that would never match Yoongi warm embrace. Yoongi again.

Could she just erase his name from her mind just for tonight? If it was possible to do so, seemed like everything reminded her of Yoongi.

There was a long silence between them, but Jungkook and Jimin were still wilding over the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter