Caught

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Getting caught in your own lies aint funny

One month passed so fast, just like the blink of an eye.

Seul was getting used leaving early in the morning as early as six to Bangtan’s dorm to do the cleaning unless Manager Sejin notified her mother in advance of the changes in their schedule (which rarely happened). No one knew the fact that Seul filled in her mother’s position temporarily. It was her mother decision to keep it to themselves considering it was almost impossible to meet the boys and their managers there.

According to Mrs Hwang, as long as they didn’t get caught then there’s nothing to be worried. All these years, she had been doing her job silently like she never existed there. As much as the boys were eager to meet their caretaker but it was the lines which had been set by their company.

Rule 1: The caretaker is not allowed to have any form of contact with the boys except the managers.

Rule 2: The caretaker is only allowed to perform his/her job without the presence of the boys in the dorm.

Rule 3: The caretaker is prohibited to take any photos of their belongings and to only perform the task as listed in the contract that includes general cleaning and preparing meals for lunch or dinner is optional.

The job might appear exclusive to people out there but it was not as fun as it sounds. First, you had to clean after their mess, when we said mess, it was a REAL MESS. The boys were too busy and had little time in hand to clean their own rooms and clothes. As a result, Seul will be welcomed by the sight of their laundries every single day without failed.

Stack of laundries! We were not talking about three pair of jeans. It was just way too many. She wondered just how frequent they got changed in a day.

On the bright side, she could ease her mother’s burden as Mrs Hwang finally went to her treatment consistently without skipping any in a week. She just wished her mother to get better soon even though she had to work twice as hard than before.

With the help of Wongeun, she was able to keep up with her job at the bubble tea shop. Hence, since they opened around 8 in the morning every day, Seul could come later than her actual shift until she completed her work babysitting caretaking the boys.

“So, how’s life” annoying Ji Hoon sat up as he caught fatigue Seul walked pass him.

“Stop joking around Ji Hoon” she frowned, throwing her small body on the couch accompanied with a deep grunt. Working extras hard made her grumpier than usual. She was drained as hell today. Although, her body got used to perform two jobs in a day yet today was extremely extra in comparison to previous days.

His lips twitched upwards “Nuna, seriously you look super dead. What happen at work today?” he eyes rounded with a hint of concern.

“It was that time of the month when the shop is flooded with humans. Nothing special” Seul muttered with her eyes close. She needed a long bubble bath to get rid of this mental and physical exhaustion before she went gaga.

“Okay. How about Bangtan hyungs?”

“What is with them? And stop calling them hyungs, you don’t even know them” Seul sounded annoy just by hearing Bangtan Sonyeondan names. The names itself drained the last energy in her.

Hoon crossed his arm, turning his body to face Seul “They are my idols and yes I know them!” he responded feeling defensive.

“Ji Hoon being a fan doesn’t make you their friend, stop being delusional. You are seriously worse than their fangirls or those sasaeng in front of their building” Seul cringed at the thought of those sasaeng fans which she encountered every day before she entered the expensive building.

“Oh my god there are fans camp in front of the building!” he gasped dramatically as his breath hitched in process.

Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Seul shot her brother a dirty look “It is normal. They are celebrities like you never heard such cases on the internet” deep down inside she pitied them. How did they overcome those problems without getting annoyed or crazy over it? Guess they lived up to their names.

“Nuna… have you by any chance met any of them? Accidentally?”

“Are you crazy? Wasn’t it obvious I would only attend my job when they are not around”

“I know but isn’t there any slight chance in certain situation that you accidentally bump into them?” his brows perked up with so much interest. Hoon had always show his interest in her job as BTS Caretaker lately, and for an odd reason he would wait for her to comeback home every day just to get him updated.

Odd human being. Was every Bangtan fans acted like Ji Hoon or was it just him?

Seul inhaled deeply “That ‘certain situation’ will never happen. Ji Hoon I am not in the mood to entertain your weird antic, let’s be quiet and let me rest alright? Good night” with that she arose from her feet making way to her bedroom to get a good rest leaving sulky Hoon behind. Oh hell, it was not like she owed him anything? He was being dramatic as always.

Here goes another tiring day.

 

--------------

“Don’t you find it is weird that Ahjumma’s food taste odd lately?” the youngest of the group murmured under his breath while he kept his fixed on the food in front of him. Not that he wanted to sound ungrateful yet all these years they grew immune to Mrs Hwang’s cooking. The slight change of taste in her cooking was noticeable to everyone.

Jin nodded along showing his agreement “Yeah, it doesn’t taste as good as before I wonder if she is too busy to cook for us and decide to buy takeaways instead?” he swallowed the last piece of meat in his mouth in delight.

“But there is no evident saying she bought it from outside and just enjoy the food, stop complaining. She works hard for us too” said the leader with serious tone. It was his job to educate s to be grateful in any situation especially when it came to appreciate the fact that they had food to eat in a day.

“I am just expressing my concern not that I am being bratty” Jungkook’s lips pursed into a pout.

Namjoon eyed the younger boy sternly “And I am just reminding you to always be thankful” he gave Jungkook a light pat showing off his dimple. He did not mean to cause any harm however it was their way of showing love to each other by being truthful in any occasion.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter