Gumption

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 17: A new start, a new feeling

The first move made by Jungkook few weeks ago did not end just like that, he would find free time between his hectic schedule to visit Seul and most importantly to live up to the promises that he made with her. Filling up the blank pages in his sketch book with Seul’s drawing. Seul on the other hand was used to Jungkook’s presence, as a matter of fact she still had no idea who’s the real Jungkook behind that black mask. For some reason he gave her a sense of security and tranquillity.

She loves that.

Now and then, both of them would have a little chit-chat over hot jasmine tea which apparently became Jungkook’s new favourite drink during his visit. He would come around 10 or 11 at night every time Seul had her night shift, that appeared to be 5 days in a week. If he did not show up after 12, Seul took the cue that he was too caught up with something.

Wiping the last table at the corner, Seul heaved a heavy sigh, it was a long day in this extremely cold weather. She felt super worn out for no reason, and she had to thank Wongeun for closing the store early today. Plus, it’s a new year eve, everyone deserved an early break and to be with their loved ones. Thirty minutes till clock strikes 12, embark the start of new chapter for everyone.

Seul wished to start her new chapter with a smile.

“Seul-ah are you done?” Sera’s chirpy voice filled the emptiness inside the room. She flashed Sera a warm smile with a simple nod “Are you ready to head back?” cheerful Sera clasped her hand together.

“You seem excited Ser, do you have a date tonight?” she teased.

“Let’s hope it is a date. Don’t you have one?” Sera blinked innocently.

Seul reddened at Sera’s accusation “Hey, I am not dating anyone” she retorted.

“The guy in that black mask visits you every week yet you don’t call that i-am-not-dating-anyone. You are a bad liar Seul!”

“He is just a friend of mine, we are not in that kind of relationship” just at the thought of dating the mysterious Mr JK sent chill down her spine. To be truth, she enjoyed his company because he felt oddly familiar even the smell of his clothes reminded her of the detergent she used for Bangtan’s laundry. It sounded insane, but her nose was sensitive as hell. The smell of his cologne that sipped through her nose smelled like someone from Bangtan, oddly.

Seul swore in the name of food that she consumed daily, the expensive cologne did smell like one of the boys. She spent every day in the dorm cleaning up their mess, sometimes she still could smell their cologne lingered in the thin air.

She shrugged the weird thought off from her tired mind. It couldn’t be one of boys, none of them were informed about her working here though. And, need Seul to remind herself they were not that close to the extent of exchanging personal information. That did not include Jin, her friendship and Jin grew over time even though at first, she was a little reluctant to pursue this new relationship that she was about to have with him.

Seul’s blooming friendship with Jin was nothing new. Jin is an interesting guy though he was terrible in cracking jokes. Nevertheless, a message from Jin gave a tingly feeling inside.

It felt homey.

Groaning in her head out of frustration, she needed to sort her feelings soon. 2017 is approaching, how could she love every presence of the gentlemen that she encountered, Yoongi, Jin and Mr JK. Oh, make it four, she would not forget Park Jimin.

Crossing her arm together, the corner of Sera’s lips was tugged into a playful smile “Oh really? If you are not in that kind of relationship. Turn around and see who is waiting for you outside” Seul brows were flinched together in confusion.

“What are you talking about” she puffed her cheeks and turned around only to be welcomed by a familiar figure waving awkwardly at her way. Seul’s eyes widened at his sudden visitation considering it was a new year night, he was the last person that she expected to see tonight.

Sera made her way to flustered Seul and whispered “He is coming for you, go get ready and leave. It is going to be long night” she gave the stoic girl a soft pat on the back. Clearing to ease the awkwardness, Seul returned Jungkook’s wave shyly and signalled him to wait while she picked her stuffs.

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck while smiling widely under the mask, giving her an ‘okay’ sign. Being here tonight was already hard for him since he had been thinking over this to happen in the past two weeks. After much contemplation, he finally made up his mind. If the truth need to be prevailed, then today was the perfect time for it.

He questioned his decision.

Was it for the better or for the worst?

 

--------------------

“Where is Jungkook?” Namjoon nibbled his honey chips with a questionable look. They had promised to spend the new year night together now seeing one of the members disappeared worries him.

Jimin took a seat beside Yoongi with a loud yawn “He went out for a while, and he will be back in an hour” he answered casually. That was the only thing Jungkook told him before the younger guy left the house few minutes ago.

“So, he won’t be here during the countdown?” the elder boy grimaced.

“Yes, but that doesn’t matter, we will celebrate the night together eventually” Jin reasoned. They would not let things like this jeopardize their night, though it made more sense if everyone were together until the clock strikes 12. However, the boys believed in giving each other a little personal space, they didn’t want to appear too clingy towards each other anyways.

Namjoon hummed “Fine, as long as he doesn’t get himself into trouble” his eyes travelled back to the screen, joining Yoongi who didn’t show any movement since the movie started. Jhope’s soft howler from the kitchen got Jin’s attention “We are running out banana milk! Jungkook may need one later” he exclaimed.

“Shoot, I forgot to restock the banana milk” Jin frowned.

Taehyung exited his room while fixing his hair “I am going out to buy chips, I will get the drinks” Jimin blinked capturing Taehyung’s readiness, and his eyes landed on the camera in his hand.

“You are bringing camera to buy chips?” he inquired.

“In case, I catch some beautiful scenery that worth the shot” Taehyung’s mind traced back to Seul. It had been a month since his sloppy first meeting with Seul, ever since then he had no guts to meet the girl even though he knew her workplace. She did not want to creep her out at least that’s what he thought.

Yoongi mumbled under his breath lowly “Be back in an hour, don’t wander around mindlessly” he finally spoke up.

“Alright Yoongi-ssi” Taehyung grinned, giving all of them a salute before leaving the warm house. He purposely took the longest route pass Seul’s workplace just to catch a glimpse of Seul from afar. Why was he being so timid? He too was unsure of himself, things could be a little too much for him to comprehend this time.

Strolling along the sidewalk with a gleeful smile, Taehyung would not miss the chance to take a few shots of beautiful scenery that worth the shot to be included in his collection. His heart was beating so fast as the image of the store came into his vicinity. The road was cold and empty, knowing by now everyone should be home or somewhere with their loved ones, deep down inside, he wished to see Seul once again.

He stood across the road staring at the store with so much interest. The corner of his eyes caught an ambiguous figure leaning against the cold wall whom seemed patiently waiting for someone. It was dark, so he couldn’t clearly see who the person was though again he gave him a sense of familiarity.

Taehyung watched the light inside the store were turned off as two females coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter