Detriment

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 37: Dont underestimate the truth

The next morning, like routine, the boys will be having their practice at the company. Yoongi’s absence was noted by the members and they assumed he pulled an all-nighter like he usually did during promotional month. That was the only legit answers to his absence. Jin on the other hand was extremely upset that the rapper didn’t get back home last night and chose to sleep in his studio instead. He seemed to ignore the rule that has been set by Jin, which annoyed the older guy.

Meanwhile, Seul spent her night there, cuddling with Yoongi on the couch until they fall asleep. The good thing about yesterday was she finally found a way to reopen her old wound and agreed to heal it with Yoongi’s help.

“Tae hyung, I don’t think Yoongi hyung will be happy to see you breaking into his studio” the maknae bit his lower lips nervously, watching Taehyung entering the passcode to Yoongi’s studio.

The latter only shook his head with his signature boxy grin “Hyung and I are best friend now, so don’t worry. We will only peek okay?” he noted earning dissatisfied grunt from Jungkook.

“Hyung how did you even know the password to his studio? No one has access to it after the robbery incident” the young man blinked in bafflement trying to make sense out of this.

“Yoongi hyung gave it to me a month ago when he needed my help to find his missing demos, so I kinda memorised it even though he told me to wipe it off completely from my memory” his lips broke into an innocent smile.

“Hyung! That is an invasion of privacy. You should not be memorising the passcode! We are not doing this” he swatted Taehyung hand, pulling it away from touching the door again.

Pouting in protest, Taehyung shot the young man a meaningful glare “Arent you curious whether hyung is with someone inside?”

“Like who?”

“A nice young lady or it could be a nice young man!” grinning like an idiot, he attempted to poison Jungkook’s innocent mind with his weird imagination.

“That doesn’t sound Yoongi hyung. He likes Seul” Jungkook cringed at the idea of catching the older guy with some random strangers.

“It could be Seul, Jeon”

“What?” he looked at Taehyung in sheer horror. It could be possible if there’s Seul beyond that door with Yoongi, however why on earth they spent their night together alone here? Jungkook shrugged off the thought refused to get sway by a mere assumption from Taehyung.

Jungkook’s reluctance to pull the prank on Yoongi annoyed him, “Like I said, it could be Seul. Man, do you think Yoongi hyung would just sit down and wait for Seul to give her answers? You gotta do something if you want to win the girl” he teased.

Pressing his lips together, Jungkook sighed deeply digesting Taehyung’s words in his head. Nothing is impossible as they already agreed on winning Seul’s heart, it was really up to them when it came to their ways to be with Seul. They had been busy with their comeback this month making it hard for him to get in touch with Seul though as much as he wanted to run to her workplace and bring her out for a date. His time was limited.

“Do you want to do it or not?” Taehyung’s deep voice brought him out of his trance. Jungkook nodded slowly, unsure whether it was right to invade Yoongi’s personal space. Cheering like a hyper kid, Taehyung entered the passcode one more time and the door clicked open.

He placed his slender fingers over his lips signalling Jungkook to keep his voice low before pushing the door slightly and poked his head halfway inside. Scanning the room, his eyes landed on Yoongi’s leather sofa right beside the entrance. It was a clear image of Seul and Yoongi under the blanket, holding onto each other leaving them only a small space to move.

Gawking at the sight before him, he rubbed his eyes while putting a little pressure on it. He never thought that his joke with Jungkook few minutes ago came into reality.

“Gukie, it is Seul..Oh my god”

“Seul?” the maknae was getting impatient, and he decided to have a look after a long battle with his own conscience.

His eyes enlarged watching the two familiar figures in their deep slumber. Just when he thought everything would be alright to see Seul with one of the members one day, Jungkook couldn’t help but to feel the pain. His heart stung with the ache of rejection.

Undeniably, Yoongi and Seul looked good together as if they are match made from heaven. That was the thing that he feared the most, to get hurt by his first love. However, it was only logical if his life turned out to be this way. It is life. It takes one to have his heart crush into million pieces first before they find their true love.

Seul is his first love. In all honesty, Jungkook didn’t put much expectation on this love that he had for Seul. He’s mentally ready to face the worst pain in his life. It was a matter of time to realize that Seul wouldn’t be his.

Jungkook clenched his fist, fighting with his own tears. He couldn’t be upset over this, it might be cruel but nothing he could do to change the fact that Seul was in love with Min Yoongi.

A pair of small hand grabbing his wrist diverting Jungkook’s attention to the owner. “Stop before you hurt yourself even more” said the blonde guy with a frown evident on his forehead.

Jungkook looked down bellowing the frustration inside him, feeling his whole body limped in process “I am sorry Jungkook. I didn’t mean to- Damn it. If I knew Seul is really inside I won’t trick you to-“ “It is not your fault hyung. I can handle it at least it will hurt less when she tells me the truth later on” he smiled bitterly.

Taehyung straightened up, closing the door to Yoongi’s studio carefully as he felt Jimin’s hard gaze was on him. The small guy seemed to be very disappointed with Taehyung even though he didn’t mean to cause any harm to Jungkook.

“It is not the end of the world Kkuk-ah. You have us. In fact, you and Seul can remain friends. A good friend. I know how much you admire her and look up to her, being in love is not a mistake. Your feelings are real and pure, ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter