Felicitous

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 24: Time moves too fast. You cant stop it.

“All of you are aware of her replacing your original caretaker?” their manager steadied his breathing trying to sound rational and not irritating. Handling the mess created by the boys was not unusual thing to do. Either the boys created the mess, or they were dragged into someone’s else problem without they realized.

“We can explain” Jin nibbled his nails out of habit while looking out at s seeking for support. “Manager-nim, I can explain too” Seul felt it was necessary for her to speak for herself instead of depending on the boys. Even though Namjoon did 80% of the talk and others would nod along, it made her feel extra uncomfortable.

Sejin closed his eyes for a few moments, summoning his lost soul back. To be frank, this Seul’s issue sounded as absurd as Namjoon and Hyerim relationship. Now that eight pairs of eyes were diligently scrutinizing the older guy, fear surged inside them like an onrushing tide. Grinding his teeth together, his eyes landed on Seul’s small figure “I heard enough explanation today” she flinched, and fixated her gaze on her lap.

“Are you sure you did not make this up? This is not the way to cover up your relationship with her right, Jungkook?” Jungkook cringed at his accusation. Part of the accusation was right all along, minus the part they were not in a serious relationship.

“About that..It is a little complicated but we will let you know once it is confirmed” he smiled sheepishly earning a hard glare from Sejin. “That is not the answer I am expecting it to be. Don’t tell me… Are you expecting a child?” his stern voice caused everyone to shriek in their seat.

“NO!” “NO-WAY” “IT IS NOT LIKE THAT”

Her eyes rounded in pure fear “Oh god, no. It is not that!” she gave Jungkook’s legs a soft kick, and communicated with her eyes. His chin jutted out, and his brows pulled together, noting the expression of disappointments “Then, why none of you inform me about her replacing Mrs Hwang?” Yoongi muttered soft curse under his breath.

“We are protecting her from the contract” Yoongi’s voice caught everyone attention. Under critical circumstances like this Yoongi would choose to seal his mouth shut and observe before voicing out his point of view. Considering how he changed that pattern, it was undeniably fishy.

Sejin scoffed in disbelief “Protecting her from the contract? Isn’t it obvious, her mother has violated the terms. We have no reasons to keep her as your caretaker anymore, this doesn’t make any sense” he rubbed the bridge of his nose exhaling a tired sigh.

Clasping her hand together, Seul’s body shook vigorously “I am sorry… but please.. spare us just this one time. I cant get caught now when my mother still need me, please forgive me… I promise to work hard..Work hard and you won’t know that I even work here” she begged pitifully.

Her eyes stung with tears, feeling defeated. Everything seemed dark, there was no single light of hope there.

The boys threw a sympathize glance at her way, as their heart ache in pain. “Seul-ah.. you don’t need to do this” Jin encircled her wrist, placing it back on her laps. Jungkook wrapped his arm securely around Seul, pulling her into his chest in hope to calm her down “Hey, this is partially our fault too. We won’t let anything happen to you” Sejin eyed their closeness, followed by a sarcastic snort.

Jin took the chance to caress her hair with attention “Seul..you are shaking, steady your breathing. Take a deep breath” his sweet voice was intoxicating.

“Now I know why none of you come forward and speak about this” taking a deep breath Seul calmed down her racing heart getting ready to get scolded again by this intimidating man. They heard him continue after a long pause “You guys like her. Some of you even… love her” he specifically pointed out Jungkook upon witnessing his heroic side which was not that heroic after all.

Stood behind the couch were Taehyung and Hoseok with an unreadable expression. They didn’t want her to get caught this way when it supposed to be over yesterday. Why was this happening to them?

Namjoon cleared his throat, scratching his head in process. He was stuck whether to keep s’ secret or to be professional. The heavy loads on his shoulder making him few centimetres shorter. This was complicated.

“Hyung, can’t you let this slide? We..really care for her. She doesn’t cause any trouble and we enjoy her company here” Jimin said timidly.

“I am with Jimin. Seul has never done a thing that will jeopardize our reputation. She is doing this to help her mother. Mrs Hwang is terminally ill, and she is waiting for a donor. Until then, can’t you let her stay?” the sunshine of the group kept the smile on his face, hoping that Sejin would not take any rash decision.

Seul was touched by their generosity and sincerity, with that she slowly pulled away from Jungkook’s embrace, mouthing the younger guy a thank you before tearing her gaze to the fury manager “I know, we should have said something about this. My job alone is not enough to cover up my mother’s hospital bills. If she resigned, she can’t continue with the treatment. I..am sorry if that doesn’t make sense to you, I will take the responsibility for my own action. Whatever you decide, I will comply to it” she hung her head low with a deep sigh.

“It is not something that I can decide”

Taehyung finally spoke up “Are you going to tell Bang PD about this?” he inquired.

Defensive, he crossed his arms “I don’t have a choice but to report this right?” his response earning dissatisfaction grunt from the boys. Even so, neither Seul nor the boys had a say on this. Contract violation is a serious offence and it could not be taken lightly, not when the boys’ reputation is at stake.

Seul on the other hand nodded in defeat, she screwed up and this would be the end of it. Taehyung pat her shoulder from behind, and he locked eyes with Seul sending strength through his gaze. She grabbed for his hand in delight, giving the tall guy a soft squish.

“Unless..” the older guy murmured again sparking hope in their heart, Seul turned her head to face him immediately. He shook his head to see their eagerness “Unless, we keep this issue between us. And the young lady over there promise to not cause any problem. Can you guarantee that at least?” he looked at Seul with a serious expression that could make anyone piss in their pants.

Namjoon found his smile back on his face as he exchanged look with s, feeling a little relief of Sejin’s decision. Yoongi smirked expecting this from Sejin in the end. Their manager might appear intimidating to everyone but that was needed to scare off those crazy fans and reporters. Manager is meant to protect the idols from the world. Nonetheless, he has a bigger heart.

“YES SIR. I won’t disappoint you!” Seul grinned widely, clasping her hand together again. This time it was not for begging but showing her gratification. The manager let out a small chuckle easing the tension in the room after god thirty minutes probing answers from the boys and Seul.

“One more thing.. Whatever issues that some of you have with Seul, resolve it or keep it under the radar at least. I don’t want any of you make it to the headline this year with a dating scandal” his expression changed as he nodded at Yoongi.

Dumbfounded Yoongi, held his tongue back “No public date is allowed. Are you clear?” Seul widened her eyes as soon as she heard Sejin’s warning. She blurted out “How did you know?” Seul clasped her hand over like a reflex. Cussing lowly, she blamed her stupidity.

Jungkook eyebrows arched with a suspicious look “How did hyung know what?” even Jimin looked alert in his seat. Now this garner his attention, why was Sejin aimed Yoongi as he spouted out those warning.

The older man got the cue as his mouth slightly opened in daze “Wait a minute. They don’t know about this Min? Ah..I got it now! You guys are fighting for her love, aren’t you? All of you?!” his voice reached one octave, almost shrieking alarming everyone in the room.

Seul shook her head frantically denying the questions before he got the wrong idea “That is not what you think. They are not fighting for my love. You are flattering me” she chuckled awkwardly, exchanging hard glance with Yoongi forcing the guy to show a little support. As Sejin was about to put himself at ease, Yoongi dropped another huge bomb.

Yoongi lets his mouth curve unknowingly into a playful smirk “I do…” his gaze fixated on Seul’ face. His pleasantly strong gaze took her in, causing her to blush madly. ‘What in the world!” she turned to Jin seeking for help yet Yoongi’s honesty also took him off guard.

The maknae line fall into silence, registering Yoongi’s response in their thick head though they were aware of Yoongi excessive attention on Seul. Jungkook mustered up his courage and admitted “Me too..I am fighting along with Yoongi hyung” he looked down on his finger did not even dare to look up.

Sejin’s hand swept his face and gawked in disbelief “WHAT? BOTH OF YOU?” he let out another low scowl. Within thirty minutes, the conversation that he had with the boys came out with at least three shocking news. Indeed, it was too much to bear. How was it possible for him to cope with these complicated issues revolving around them?

Without he realized, Sejin spotted another hand in the air which appeared to be Jimin “I like Seul too..hyung..” Seul ran her fingers in her messy hair, facepalming her now reddened face. ‘I am ing screwed. I thought we are done. Manager-nim will kill me before the oxygen hit my lung’ Seul cursed subtly.

Taehyung protested “I knew Jiminie and Gukkie are in this, but Yoongi hyung…why are you in this too?” his brows pinched together in annoyance.

“Am I not qualified to be in the battle?”

“NO YOU CANT- I MEAN YOU ARE QUALIFIED BUT YOU ARE NOT-I MEAN YOU CANT BECAUSE, THIS IS TOO- OH GOD… I DON’T KNOW” Miserably, she shook her head, hating herself for blurting out every thought. “Jinnie help me” she scooted close to Jin, burying her face in his arm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter