Fortuity

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: The best feeling when you look at that one person, and he is already staring

Summer has finally come to an end. Fashion enthusiast like Ji Seul’s colleague, Hwasa, was all ready to get rid of her summer clothes and to replace it with new one matching this new season. Hwasa was one of few friends that she made before she dropped out from college a year ago. She did not work permanently there unlike Seul, since she’s in her final semester. Working part time was the only way to get away from her tiring student’s life.

Hwasa came from a well-off family therefore money was not an issue to her. She could afford her college fees and other miscellaneous expenses. In fact, she once offered to pay Seul’s college fees however she politely declined Hwasa’s kind gesture. Not that she felt offended, Seul did not want to live off by other’s money or even worse being pitied by people around her. Her family could only afford Ji Hoon’s school fees, it was not her choice at first place.

On side note, she performed super badly in her first semester maybe she was worrying too much about her family or she wasn’t ready to further her studies. Anyways, she was used to live like this. Nothing could change the fact that her life was fated to be this way unless miracle happened some day later.

Seul wiped the last part of the glass window with a content smile. She stared blankly outside the window watching different people passed by the area. Some were too preoccupied with their smartphones, some were running with all their might maybe they had something important to attend and some high schoolers were fooling around happily with their friends. Her heart felt warmth just by witnessing it. How she wished she could turn back time and worry nothing but her mathematics test. Back then, everything flowed smoothly. Zero worries, no dramas and her father was still there with them.

The happy ending that was still far ahead.

Sighing softly, Ji Seul tore her gaze from the high schooler across the road “Seul-ah!” her ears caught Hwasa’s cheerful voice behind her.

“Oh, Hwasa! You are here early” she smiled genuinely.

“I have to change shift with Krissy so I come earlier! I have projects to be completed in a week, things are quite crazy” she puffed her cheeks earning a lower chuckle from the smaller girl in front of her.

Ji Seul giggled “Get the degree and never look back once you graduated” she gave her friend a small pat before them both moved behind the counter getting ready to start the second phase of the day.

It usually packed after two in the afternoon. The only time they could rest was in the morning, people rarely came early in the morning except for takeout. It was less hassle during that time so they would have time to fool around.

“JI SEUL GET THE CUSTOMER’s ORDER! I need to clean this” shouted Hwasa. Seul strutted towards the counter with a polite smile, apologizing before she took the customer’s order.

 

-------------------

“Rock paper scissors!”

“ROCK ROCK PAPER PAPER PAPER ROCK PAPER!” their shouts could be heard across the hall.

The hyung line laughed hysterically teasing the maknaes “How can three of you think alike and be so unlucky!” exclaimed Jin.

The youngest one mewled “Hyung! You plan this out, the four of you planned to bring that rock out!” his hand moved along with his explanation. Crossing their arm together, Jimin and Taehyung frowned in denial.

“Are you blaming your unlucky charms on us?” Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“Three of you quick! The loser needs to buy drinks for us with your own money” Hoseok smug as his body move side to side feeling a little giddy. Of course, they were into the moment of truth between the youngest in the group. It never failed to amuse the hyungs.

“But I forgot my wallet” said Taehyung with a pout.

“I saw it in your pocket don’t lie Kim Taehyung” Namjoon’s brow quirked up in curiosity. Taehyung might be an actor but he’s bad in lying when it came to lying to their members. Come one, they had been living together for six to seven years to be exact. They could read each other like an open book.

Taehyung shook his head showing no sign of giving up however as he was about to open his mouth “No special treatment for anyone” Seokjin warned sternly.

“You are rich, Gucci boy. Can’t you even afford drinks for your hyungs?” upon hearing Yoongi remarks, Taehyung immediately pursed his lips showing his silent protest. Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung started over with their rock-paper-scissors game until it was decided, Jungkook as the black sheep among the three.

Jimin and Taehyung hopped in sheer happiness “I just spent money for my games” Jungkook scratched the back of his head in hope others would show their empathy on him. As cruel as it may sound, the members wouldn’t care as long as it was not them who needed to chip in the money for this betting.

“Come back safely Jeongukkie!” Namjoon ruffled his hair showing off his dimple smile. Yoongi rummaged through his back, tossing the black mask to Jungkook’s direction “Wear this, you don’t want people to catch you roaming around the city at this time” Jungkook’s eyes glimmered in happiness.

His hyungs really took good care of him in any situation minus the bullying part. Nowadays, Jungkook had step up his games and in return the hyungs got bullied quite often by him. It was no doubt that the members were the one who raised him to be this kind of man. Oh well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter