Tricky

BTS Caretaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 46: Protecting my family

** There will be heaps of flashbacks ahead**

 

‘It was a bad idea to attend this party, maybe I should just return home’ Seul fixed the strap of her emerald dress, feeling anxious to be in this unfamiliar setting. She knew no one except Kwon, that’s if he had any intention to stick by her side. At least, she would feel less lonely that way.

‘Stupid Kwon. Stupid party. I shouldn’t have come’ her heart threw small tantrums, as she reconsidered to completely bail on Kwon and took the earliest flight to United States, meeting the boys.

What did she gain from this again?

Oh yes, that douchebag Kwon threatened to release the videos. Therefore, to bail on Kwon was almost impossible. She hadn’t even entered the venue, and she could literally feel herself failing. Seul pressed her lips together, inhaling enough oxygen for her to breathe, she took a small step back ‘ Kwon, let’s get back and pack’

“Not so fast” a pair of hand wrapped tightly around her waist, halting her steps. Arrogant Kwon had a smug on his face as he pulled the girl casually to his side “You are in no position to leave me now, I thought we have come to an agreement” he quirked his brows with a knowing look.

“I am changing my mind. Find someone else to entertain you”

“Of course, which means I will let everyone watch how good you are in bed” he released her from his grip and signalled his assistant to do whatever he had in his original plan. Seul stared blankly at the young man in front of her, he looked so determine to drop the bombs. The bombs that will end many lives including hers.

At that instant, she regretted her decision to defy Kwon’s words. “Please don’t do it. I take back my words, I will do this” she blurted out clumsily. Kwon’s assistant shot her a wary glance as they exchanged another look before he shoved his phone back deep inside his pocket.

Kwon smirked in victory “I wasn’t planning on exposing you to public anyways, besides you are still Kwon’s. Now let’s start with the hunt, shall we?” he held out one of his hand, waiting for Seul to take it.

It took her a moment before she slipped her cold hand in his, and they both made their grand entrance to the party. Seul’s jaw slackened at the sight of the balls admiring its luxurious decorations therefore she felt underdress for this occasion. As if the elegance radiated from the balls alone mocked on her simple outfit. Seul was conscious of her appearance now.

The attendees were donning their most expensive suits and dresses looking socially fitted in this group of people. Whilst, she was the only black sheep among others. Average looking girl in a cheap dress that she got from a boutique downtown. She wore no fancy jewelleries except for her favourite couple bracelet with Yoongi and a crescent moon necklace present from Jungkook.

Technically, she’s Kwon’s black sheep so it made sense she felt that way.

How pitiful.

For the first hour, she stuck by Kwon side like a glue letting him introduce her and his personal assistant every time they met new faces. Thankfully, he only referred her as his plus one instead of claiming that she is his daughter. Seul wouldn’t appreciate the spotlight though.

She had zero ideas how the elites socialize, but one thing for sure, they were only here for business, not to make friends. Judging by how conscious they were with their surroundings, as if they were surrounded with enemies instead of friends.

Fake. She made a mental note on them while proceed with her witch hunt.

“Finally, the star of the night, it is an honour to meet you Director Jung. Congratulations!” Kwon’s voice snapped her out from her deep thought. Her attention now was on a tall man in front of her, looking squeaky clean and classy in his dark blue suit. He was quite young maybe in his late twenties. She assumed he’s the man she had to talk to tonight, the heir of Obyu Group.

The man had a sinister smile on his face, giving off this negative vibe causing her to cringe in her stance. “Glad that you could make it tonight Kwon, I heard you have an offer to make. Its better be good” he nodded unknowingly.

“About that, let me introduce you to my daughter. This is Seul” he placed his hand on her back startling the girl.

Seul faked a smile and bowed slightly “Nice to meet you and congratulations Director Jung”

He raised his brows in curiosity, “I don’t know you are married Kwon and have a stunning daughter” he took her hand, winking at her way and placed a soft kiss on it.

“I am Jung Hyunmin, and you are, Seul? Pretty name for a beautiful face” he rubbed her hand in circle, sending goosebumps through her body.

“I..thank you…” uncomfortable with his excessive kinship, she pulled away from his hold gently.

Not taking his eyes off Seul, Hyunmin fixed his right cuff “This is the perfect time to talk Kwon” he was scrutinizing every inch of her body, which scared the out of her. Kwon on the other hand was ready to throw everything that he had for his business.

Seul was holding her breath, hoping that this man would stop the undressing her with his eyes. He really had no respect on woman, did he?

“I’ll be back, so don’t go anywhere” Kwon whispered softly, eyeing his personal assistant to keep his eyes on Seul. The heir of the Obyu Group stole a quick glance at Seul and mouthed “I will see you soon beautiful” he disappeared between the crowd gracefully followed by Kwon and Jung’s assistant.

Ten minutes had passed.

And, another ten minutes had passed. Seul grew impatient, it started showing on her face.

‘What took him so long’ Seul grumbled lowly under her breath, earning the attention of Kwon’s personal assistant. She had tried to keep herself sane and entertained yet it suffocated her to have this young man breathing down her neck.

She couldn’t even swallow her food or drinks without feeling like someone was all ready to murder her every second. Considering how he never took his eyes on her, instead of flirting with beautiful rich woman in the party, his dedication towards his job deserved a raise.

“How long have you been working for Kwon? You look young...” she broke the silence between them to ease the tension.

“None of your business”

“Ouch, that is mean. I am trying to make friends”

“Certainly not with me. I am not allowed to talk to you”

“But you already did” a smile crept across her lips. As she looked on, the corner of his mouth twitched, probably amused by Seul’s chirpy side.

“So, will you feed my curiosity?”

“It has been two years. I believe you are younger than me. I am 25 this year” he replied coldly, keeping his straight face.

Satisfied with his response, she forced her lips a broader curve and smiling gleefully “I am amazed how you can stand Kwon, good job personal assistant oppa”

“Mmm..Kay..” he maintained his facial expression not to give in to Seul. Being soft was not in the description of his job. However, he’s worried of Seul knowing what Kwon had planned for this poor girl. So gullible and foolish.

Again, it was none of his business anyways. He worked for Kwon not Seul.

 

After an hour waiting, Kwon finally returned with a smiley face. Thankfully the creepy heir of Obyu group was nowhere to be seen. Judging from his face, it seemed like Kwon had settled his issues with the young man himself, therefore her presence was no longer important in this event.

“Director Jung request for your presence in his room now”

Her excitement immediately died down upon hearing that. She grimaced and shot Kwon a disgruntled look “Why? I thought you guys have settled whatever issues that you have with him.”

“If it is that easy I wouldn’t be asking you to be here tonight. Do not waste his time, he is an impatient man”

“Fine. Are there any specific issues that I need to arise when I meet him? Like, you literally said that I must convince him in something. Just what is it?”

“Nothing that you should worry off, I already did the talking. He only wants to see you casually, no business talk”

Suspicious by his ambiguous replies, Seul wished his assistant would try to explain the situation. To his dismay, nothing came from the man. What did she expect again? He’s working for Kwon of course he would only obey his order.

“Will it take long?”

“Depends. If you behave then, he will let you leave early” a sly smug spread across his face again.

Kwon took a step closer to where Seul stood, passing a key card to her discreetly “Level 20, the suite is on your left. Behave and don’t cause trouble” he whispered as his gaze fixed on the clueless girl.

Baffled, Seul took the card carefully from his grip and left the party without sparing any final glance towards the sick old man. All she wanted was to end this night and forgot it ever happened. Even though Kwon didn’t make things clear for her, she was determined to end the talk with Jung Hyunmin in peace.

Hopefully, this would be her last time seeing him and Kwon.

 

He collected Seul’s phone on the floor and set up the phone camera on the tripod with a sly grin. Her desperate whimpers could be heard clearly behind the tape, making him even eager to start the game.

Jung took his time to admire Seul’s half body from the screen, giving a circular trace along it as though he’s touching it with his bare hand.

He pressed the record button before making his way towards the couch. Seul squeezed her eyes tight out of fear, she fiddled with the tight rope around her wrist hoping to find some loose hole, so she could do something about it.

He sunk on the seat without uttering anything. Jung was only in his boxer and the red tie which hung messily around his neck, making him look ten time sillier. Anyone that witnessed this side of him would not believe he is an heir of a big company in the country.

What a disgrace to the family.

Jung Hyunmin looked disoriented and awful.

Scattered messily on the mahogany coffee table were different kinds of white powder, which she could obviously tell from the mere image that they were drugs. Seul had no idea why he had to flaunt the drugs on the table, or was it his thing to sniff it before getting into action?

Shuddered by the thoughts, Seul clawed her palm while tugging the tight ropes down using her remaining energy. She watched him sniff the drugs and got high over it for few minutes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter