Chapter 22

Are We Meant To Be?

Please read my note at the end of this chapter~

––––––––––

___'s POV

Jihyo:I'm sorry, jagi. Can't make it home within tonight.. our flight was delayed (TT)

Me: It's okay, love. As long as you got here safe, I'm waiting~

Jihyo: But still, I really wanted to meet you today, to celebrate your 18th birthday~

Me: Aigoo~ we can celebrate it after you've arrived, okay? Cheer up, baby!

Jihyo: When I come back, I'm gonna give you kisses and more cuddles~

Me: I'm looking forward to it!! <3

Although I'm disappointed that Jihyo can't make it home within today, at least I could keep myself busy at the moment while waiting for her return. The make up artist is doing a bit touch ups for my make up, before I go to the stage.

Lately, I noticed that I haven't interact with the fans much due to my hiatus last time and was busy producing Twice's latest song, the one that succeed in MAMA. When Jihyo and I went back home right after the MAMA event, she kept hugging and kissing my cheeks saying that I'm the one who made them succeed. I had to calm her down and assured her that was their hard work, not mine.

Back to the main point, the company allowed me to hold a special event for my 18th birthday. I felt sorry to those who can't attend this event as the seats were limited for a thousand people only. Luckily, this event will be aired on Vlive for my international fans.

The stage started with me playing the grand piano. I played two of my favourite pieces, 'Canon' and 'River Flows In You'. I have never been the best in piano but I've been practicing hard for this event and enjoy pressing the keys that created the smooth melodies.

An hour has passed after I finished singing birthday song with my fans and having fun with them, I bid them goodbyes along with flying kisses to thank them.

––––––––––

The first thing I did when I got home was landing on the couch. Since it's been a long time I had a schedule, the exhausted feeling came back just now. I wonder how the other idols keep up with things. Even I had just one schedule today, I've been whining of tiredness along the journey to home.

Jihyo said that she will be back tomorrow morning, then what should I do to make myself busy?

The clock just displayed 4 p.m in the evening, and yet I have nothing to do at home. If I go out, fans probably will recognise me, so no. No getting out of the house, I hate taking any risks that involves my fans.

When my eyes landed at the kitchen, there's an idea popped up.

–––––––––

And that's how I ended up baking my own birthday cake. Well, not really a birthday cake since I'm baking a Japanese cheesecake. It's one of my favourites. I tried baking it once last year, it didn't turn out well because the cake wasn't fluffy enough.

Maybe this time will be better..

Two hours later, here I am sitting on a stool, in front of the oven, waiting for the cake. When there's nothing you can do, staring at something is the only option, don't judge me.

'Ding!'

My eyes twinkled at the sound of the oven. Finally, the cake's done! I grabbed the oven mitt and takes out the cake to let it cold for a bit.

Suddenly, my phone's ringing, indicating that someone called.

Ohh, it's Jihyo..

"Hello, jagiya. What are you doing?"

"Hello to you too, honey. Me, nothing really. Just reading my book. Did you have fun on your tour?" I can't tell her that I baked a cake just because I'm bored. It will be embarrassing..

"Of course! But I want to save the story first, I'll tell you when I get back, okay? I just wanted to call you because I missed your voice~" I chuckled when I heard Jihyo did an aegyo to me, I'm not complaining though.

"Eyyy, someone's being cheesy there~ Don't worry, when you get back, you will hear–"

'Ding dong!'

"Sigh, who's coming at the wrong time now..I'm too lazy to check though, maybe I will let them be until they leave."

"Just open the door, maybe it's someone important, ___-ah." Jihyo said in disagree.

"Right, but just because you asked me to."

My legs slowly bring me to the front and unlock the door. My jaw dropped to see my one and only girlfriend in front of me, grinning with her phone in hand.

"Jagiya~" I engulfed her in a bear hug and nuzzles my face on her neck. Jihyo giggles and kiss my forehead.

"Happy 18th birthday, ___-ah~" She whispered at my ear after the forehead kiss. I dragged her inside, forgetting the fact that I baked a cheesecake just now..

––––––––––

Jihyo's POV

"Hmm, jagiya? Did you bake just now?" My index finger points at the cake on the kitchen counter. It seems like the cake was freshly baked. Ohh, and the scent hasn't left the house too.

"I-uhh, yeah(?) I was bored, and I don't have anything to do~" ___ whines at me then pouts. 

So cute!!! I wanna pinch her cheeks so bad!

The blush must obvious on my face but I couldn't careless.

"It was supposed to be me baking for you! Now, I don't have anything special for my beloved~" I stated. I can't help but thinking I'm a bad girlfriend not making something for my lover.

"Jihyo-ah, you are not a bad girlfriend, you coming back home is my best gift ever! So, stop thinking like that, and let's eat what I made!" ___ left a peck on my lips and skips happily to the kitchen.

How can she reads me like an open book then cheers me up just like that? I guess that's the power of ___.

I giggles at my own thoughts and follows her to the kitchen. She already hold the knife and a plate.

"Wait, let me slice it for you. It's your birthday, remember? I wanted you to take the first bite." When I slice it, I'm amazed that the cake is so soft and jiggly too.

"Say ahhh~" ___ opened and I feed her.

"Hmm, it's better than I thought!"

God, this is not the right time to think something dirty! Get a hold of yourself, Jihyo!

"Really? I need to approve it." ___ took the fork from my hand and feed me. My eyes widened, I mean, she's sure that this is just her second time baking this? This is really good!

"I bet you could be a baker after you quit being an idol, you are really a good bake, the best if I must say."

My lips landed on hers softly, as she did a good job and she hummed happily.

"Nah, I prefer to be your housewife than a baker. So, I can see you every single time. Plus, I can cook for you everyday since I'm really worried that you often skip meals, it's unhealthy you know?"

___ said worriedly, knowing my busy schedules almost everyday. I smiled softly and her kind words, appreciating all the nice treatments she did to me. I'm glad that I have the best girlfriend ever, or should I say future wife?

––––––––––

Three chapters to go and then the end~ I need your help to vote who should propose in the next chapter! Please comment~