Chapter 18

Are We Meant To Be?

Jihyo's POV

"So, do you mean that ___'s biological parents have died? Even before she debuted? But why? Why ___ didn't want to tell the public the truth?"

He sighed slowly, remembering the reason why ___ hid the most important info about herself. As planned, I went to Big Hits building to meet ___'s father, not real father. There's a lot to take in after last night. I left ___ at our house alone after I told her that I wanted to go out. She didn't ask any further except whining about leaving her alone, unentertained.

"Her parents were not really supportive about her being an idol---telling her that it was unworthy after years of studying in school then decided to be something that are not related to academics. Her parents also really emphasize about academics which left her disappointed and mad. I remember that time she travelled here with her friends, school's club I assume... showing her talent at a restaurant on a stage where everyone could perform freely. I was impressed and escourted her. She gave me her number, not sure if she can accept it. She discussed it with her parents but they won't accept it. Soon after that, ___ left her country to be here..in Korea as an idol."

A few minutes of silence, I managed to speak,

"W-How about her parents after that? I mean she mentioned about a flight..?"

"That's how her parents died, the plane that her parents took--after they knew that ___ ran away. And that's where everything gone wrong, in ___'s eyes. She blames herself for years, depressed about everything."

I covered my face with my hands. I've known ___ for two years! Two years and I just knew this!? I felt a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it. I looked up to see a smile, a smile that full of hope.

"Jihyo-ah, I'm afraid to ask you for this favor and I hope you could do it for me my wife.."

------------------

The doorbell of our house were pressed by me. A few steps could be heard from the other side before the door were opened.

"You are back! I missed you~" ___ latched herself at me and snuggle.

"Aigoo you panda! I haven't step in yet and you already launched at me, you're lucky you are cute" I patted her head.

"Do you want to have lunch outside? Or do you want me to cook?" I asked while dragging her to sit on the couch at the living room.

"I don't mind, but I think we should have lunch outside. I'm sure you are tired--we could spend time together too." ___'s eyes were on mine, the stare that I've never received from others except her.

"A lunch date huh? I love that." I blinked my eyes and gave her a peck on the lips. I told her to change since she just wearing a turtle neck long sleeves with a pair of skinny jeans, she keeps whining about what's wrong with her clothes but I shut her up saying that the weather's too cold. She obeyed me and pouted along the way to our room.

My mind drifted back to what Mr. Lee said to me in his office..

"Jihyo-ah, I'm afraid to ask you for this favor and I hope you could do it for me my wife.."

"I know ___'s an independent and responsible girl, but please be by her side and make her happy. It's been a long time since I've seen that sincere smile and laugh of hers when she gets to know you. I'm pretty sure that in return, you'll be glad that you could see her bright side one day. Make her feel loved and warmth. She needs nothing but love."

After the said that, I feel like there's new responsible that I need to carry on. The difference between this responsible than the others is this is not a burden to me but it's my main priority as her lover. Something that I need to fight for no matter what will happens. If I could do the favor, maybe just maybe I could forgive myself for what I did back then.

"Jihyo-ah! Are you ready to go-- Ehh? You are not changing?"

"Nope, I'm okay with these. Let's go?"

___ took my hand and intertwined, feeling the warmth spreading through my hand. Uncle was right, I need to treasure her as much as she did to me. I'm an idiot for blinding my own eyes for another person, while ___ is an angel towards me.

----------------------

___'s POV

We walked without any purpose in the mall after our lunch date. I just noticed that the shops in this mall were decorated with lots of 'love thingy'. But why did they decorated their shops with it? It's not like Valentines-- VALENTINE'S DAY IS NEXT WEEK.

Oh . I'm so dumb! Why I didn't know about this? Ohh god, I really ed up. Like, what the !? It's Valentine's Day for god jihyo's sake! Great, I haven't buy anything for Jihyo.

I didn't notice that my face showed that I'm worried about something until Jihyo asked me if I'm okay. I nodded and sighed. She asked me again and I smiled for real this time, not wanting her to be worried.

"Jagiya, I just noticed something interesting about us." I stated out of the blue while we sitting down on a bench at the centre of the mall.

"What is it? Usually, you are the only thing that interesting." Jihyo chuckled and later ushered me to continue.

"Eyyy, I haven't finished what I said and you already being cheesy huh?" I squeezed her hand that I hold while she gave me her grin thatbwas hidden behind her mask.

"I just noticed that you used to be taller than me before but now, it's the other way around--"

"Are you saying that I'm short?" Jihyo cut me off with her disbelieve look. I laughed at her because she lets go of her hand and pretended to sulk. What a nice way to .

"Don't worry, short is cute. Besides, with my current height..I could do this more often." 

I leaned down a bit to kiss her forehead after I pulled down my mask. She seems shocked but blushed afterwards. Jihyo turned away to hide her red face.

"You are annoying, I need to go to the restroom. Humph.." She stormed off playfully to the restroom leaving me in front of a jewelries shop.

An idea suddenly popped in my head for Jihyo's Valentine's Day gift. I got into the shop as fast as I can before Jihyo came back and bought a silver bracelet that costs hundred thousand wons. The design is not complicated. It's just a silver bracelet with 'infinite' symbol.

After I bought the bracelet, I keep it inside a small velvet box. Fortunately, when I stepped out of the jewelries shop, there's no sign of Jihyo yet. I hope our Valentine's Day will be perfect next week..

-------------------

Author-nim's here! Sorry for my hiatus, I've been busy with my theatre practices and we have a competition coming up! I hope you guys had a nice Valentine's day with spending time with your loved ones. Sadly, I didn't celebrate it cause I'm single TT but I don't really mind tho. Please be well everyone!