Chapter 15

Are We Meant To Be?

Jihyo's POV

The scenery outside of the van is more interesting than the girls right now. Despite the way they slept,especially Dahyun who her head had been knocking the window for a few minutes already. Slightly smiled, I put her head on my shoulder. She's lucky because her head didn't show any signs of bruises.

I kept looking at the front and thinking the same thing all over again.

Where are you ___? It's been a few months of your departure. It seems that you didn't care that our contract will end in a few weeks.

------------------------

Things were scattered in our dorm, from Jungyeon's lego to someone's underwear. It was a normal thing for us if the dorm is in a mess. We don't have enough time to clean the mess up as our schedule were really tight. Even we have our free time, we spend the time with rest or meet our parents.

However, I don't have any idea why did the girls suddenly become energetic and clean the mess together with me. I was wiping the dust that were attached to the TV when Nayeon called for me. 

"Jihyo-ah! There's a mail for you! I'm not sure who sent this because there's no name or address shown here."

Nayeon passed me the mail and I sat down on the couch to read it. Nayeon was right,there's no address or name displayed here. It's just wrote that it was for me with our dorm's address. I opened it to read the content.

My hands started to shake and my eyes held the tears that started to form. Sure,there's no address or the sender's name but the content explained it all. It was from ___'s parents. Nayeon who read along with me also in shocked and hugged me from my side.

Jihyo-ah, I know you are confused who sent you this mail but after you read this you will know. I, as a representative of ___ would like to inform you that she wanted the contract between you both to be canceled earlier than the deadline. She said that it's for the best for the both of you. She didn't explained further about the cancellation and we respected her choice. I hope you understand the purpose of this mail and within this mail,the contract between you and ___ officially canceled.

After reading the letter, I excused myself to go my room,saying that I need to rest. Of course the girls knew that I need some alone time and I'm glad they didn't disturbed me. The mail were still in my hand,hopelessly I'm crying beside the bed. I choked on my tears and let the mail slipped out of my hand.

I should've known from the first that I can't let myself involved in this kind of contract. If I didn't sign the contract, it wouldn't be like this. If I didn't date Yoongi, it wouldn't be like this. If I didn't get drunk that night, It wouldn't be like this. Like all of this. All of these was my fault and maybe the contract was meant to be canceled so I could learn my lesson.

-------------------------

Momo's POV

I'm as shocked as Nayeon. ___ didn't mention about cancelling the contract. What you did ___? I thought you loved her? Why did you cancel the contract?

I stumbled reaching my phone in the pocket and started texting ___,asking her about the contract. The other girls didn't continue their cleaning. Their minds were somewhere else,probably worrying about the leader. I sat down for a few minutes and still there's no reply. ___ doesn't read it too. I looked at the locked room where Jihyo's in it. Nayeon instructed us to sleep outside at the living room together, giving Jihyo her alone time.

----------------------

1 year and half later...

A tall figure walked out of the airport with phone and a passport in right hand,searching for her loyal chauffeur at the main gate. Her face were covered by black mask and black cap. No cameraman means no problem.

Her loyal chauffeur waved, beside him was a black sedan car that always been used by her before to go to school. The tall girl gave him a smile eventhough can't be seen behind the mask.

"A year and half huh? Long time no see Ms. Lee ___" the chauffeur said while stuffing the car boot with the girl's luggage.

"Too bad that I didn't miss you." She chuckled and went inside the car.

"I didn't say that I missed you. I just said that we didn't see each other for a long time." The chauffeur continue with amusing smile and drove the car.

"By the way, your dad wanted you to go to his office and waited for you there. He did mention about eating at a restaurant, to celebrate your 17th belated birthday."

"For real? I'm 17 this year and we still need to celebrate my birthday? I'm a grown up now!" ___ exclaimed then pouted.

"Yeah,sure." The chauffeur chuckled while looking at the rear mirror to see his young master pouting.

-------------------------

___'s POV

To be honest, I'm really eager when my parents said that we will eat at a korean cuisine restaurant. It's been a long time since I had eaten one of the cuisines.

"___, I know you are excited to be here in Korea..but I think you should stop gasping at everything that comes to your view right now." Mom said while chuckling.

"But it's different omma, you and dad came back here two weeks earlier than me and left me alone in U.S. I missed everything here."

"Are you sure that you missed everything? Not only Jihyo?" My dad continued to tease me.

"Hmm, I would choose both. Jihyo comes first." I raised my index finger and grinned.

"Look at our daughter yeobo,she's a grown up now. She already knows what is love." Mom teased me and I whined.

Soon, the rest of the journey were filled with conversations until we arrived at the restaurant.

----------------------

The alarm woke me up exact at 9.00 am. I need to get used again with Korea time. I rubbed my eyes and sat on the bed. My full-charged phone on the nightstand shown that there's a message from dad,saying that to meet him at the office as soon after I wake up.

It sure does feel like home again.

The home,that I used to share with Jihyo when our contract is still running has not changed. The difference is that Jihyo's things were gone. She left after she received the news that I'm going to U.S. That's what Momo unnie said.

The fridge also empty,meaning that I need to eat breakfast at a nearby restaurant. A short nap wouldn't hurt right? The jetlag is killing me..

------------------

Author-nim is here!! I'm truly sorry that I've been in hiatus since two months ago?? I don't remember but it feels good to be back. I missed you guys~ Thank you for those who read and voted this story!!