Chapter 21

Are We Meant To Be?

___'s POV

A few months have passed, meaning that MAMA awards is in a few days. I'm on my way to Hong Kong by flight right now. I feel so lifeless sitting in the plane while scrolling on my phone. At least they let the passengers use the Wi-Fi for an hour though.

However, my attention towards my phone increased when there are some articles about me and Jihyo —saying that we are getting closer than ever and most of Twice's fans even joked about Jihyo has found her own partner or they called it ships.

I giggled at this article and to add the fuel in the fire, I commented on the article.

"I can't let my Jihyo alone right? She needs someone by her side too. Kekekeke"

I tapped the send icon on that article then switched my phone off before it will be flooded with notifications.

Maybe I should take a nap before my rehearsal starts in Hong Kong..

––––––––––

My speculation was right when I was swarmed by cameramen at the airport as soon as I arrived. They were asking me if I'm interested in Jihyo. I couldn't help but smile at them. If only they know about my relationship..

The bodyguards that I brought along defended me from the sea of people until I went out of the airport to board my private transportation. When I'm in the van, I almost forgot that my phone was switched off. I turned it on and saw some messages from Jihyo.

Jihyo: [sent an article] I can't believe that you commented on this..?

Me: Ohh, come on! It's fun to see them being paranoid about us! Kekekeke

Jihyo: I'm not taking any responsibility if the fans know about us..

Me: Awww, are you mad at me~

Jihyo: Don't use your aegyo on me, honey.

Me: ;-)

Like a fool, I snickered by myself reading the messages. Jihyo told me that they are currently resting after a few hours of rehearsing their songs at the stage. Guess, I'm one of the participants that comes late huh?

––––––––––

The event started around 9 p.m with both of the MC introducing all idols. From rookies that just debuted this year until their seniors performed incredible acts for their beloved fans.

Lots of idols accepted their achievements and gave an appreciation speech. Nevertheless, my eyes always loved to see the idols giving speech along with the fans who cried together, as if they went through a lot. People may think I'm weird as I admire fans rather than other singers or actors.

From here, behind the stage, I could see Jihyo with her members already sit at their own reserved place. The truth is, I'm waiting for my turn to perform solo. At first, my dad offered me to perform with BTS, but I politely declined as I know that my relationship with a certain rapper doesn't go well.

––––––––––

Jihyo's POV

Where is she? I've been waiting for her since forever and yet, she didn't come out from the start of this award.

My lips unconsciously pouted. I tore my gazes off from the backstage to my members. Then, suddenly a familiar music being played on and I already know the singer of the song.

The large screen that connects the backstage with the stage opened, revealing my girlfriend who wears a white, long dress. My jaw dropped slowly, seeing her beautiful like that.

Maybe I could ask her to wear that for our wedding one day..

The white half-eye mask that she wears didn't help concealing her beauty. The heat risen to my cheeks at the moment her gazes were on me. Her lips curled upwards, giving me a small smile.

I think I died a little inside..

–––––––––

___'s POV

I hurried off to the idols' seats after I've changed my performance dress. The dress that I wear now is a bit different than the earlier one. This time, I wear a black dress that reached my knees along with a black half-eye mask. Fortunately, the stylist had time to do my hair again.

One of the crews leads me to my seat, which is behind Twice, specifically, beside Blackpink. However, when the crew showed me the way to my seat, I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me. When I settled down on my seat, I gave a wave to the one that stared at me and was responded by the same thing plus a wide grin.

Unbeknownst to us, the fans didn't let the chance slipped by capturing our little moment with their cameras.

––––––––––

"Thank you for cheering us!!"

Jihyo shouted at the fans where Once were. They responded back with a louder chant for the leader. The Twice members even spend some time for their fans after the end of MAMA.

I, who just gave some fanservices to my fans, approached Twice, especially Jihyo. When Once saw me, they shouted to Jihyo, telling her that I'm going to her.

When I came face to face with Jihyo, I noticed that the fans went crazy and screamed our ship names. I bowed to them and waved.

"Ohh, you haven't go to the backstage yet? Aren't you exhausted? You are sweating a lot too." 

Jihyo looked at me worried. I'm sure that the fans who sat close to us could hear our chit chat because Jihyo needs to talk louder than the mormal voice.

"It's okay, you seat there longer than me, I'm the one who should ask you that. But you know, suddenly I feel guilty to interrupt you with your fans."

"IT'S OKAY ___-AH!!"

Some of the fans exclaimed towards us. I giggled in amusement. To appreciate Twice's fans, I gave one of the fans a high-five. Jihyo seems proud to see me getting along with her fans.

"___-ah, come here for a second.."

I turned back to Jihyo, she walks closer to me. Jihyo pulled off my mask and wipes my sweat that trickled down on my face.

"Thank you.." I kissed her left cheek to show my gratitude.

The fans once again roared watching our interactions. All of a sudden, a fangirl said something to us that made me and Jihyo blushed.

"Can't you just be a couple? It's so cute to see Jihyo taking care of you! Please do the same for Jihyo unnie!"

"Don't worry! I will take care of Jihyo just for Once! Ohh, and we do look cute being a couple right?!"

I linked my arm with Jihyo's at the same time, I lean my head on her shoulder. The shy girl beside me giggled but hugged my waist anyway.

However, our sweet moments were interrupted when Nayeon shouted from the other side.

"Our leader now won't be lonely after this!! She already has ___!! Jihyo-ah, you don't need to date us one by one after this!"

With that, Twice members laughed at the eldest joke leaving us blushing and just accept the fact that we will being teased more later..

––––––––––

I'm back~~ I can't believe I leave this story for a long time (TT) Your comments and votes are highly appreciated! Thank you!