Meet the Mother

My Mate

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

Honestly, now... I'm feeling guilty about what I'm doing. All these lies and pretense makes my heart ache.

Here we go again, I'm starting to like Taeyeon but just a friend. I still don't consider myself as lesbian or whatever.

Taeyeon stopped bullying Nick and I'm so glad about it. My plan worked that easily but I know, this is wrong. The whole plan thingy is wrong.

But I already started this game so I better end this the way it should be.

I sighed as I looked outside the window of Taeyeon's car. I was sitting in the passenger seat while she was driving. She's taking me home, I mean, taking me to our house.

Suddenly Taeyeon held my hand on my lap so I looked at her, she smiled as her eyes were glued at the road.

"As long as I want to hold your hand Tae, I don't want to die because of an accident," I need to be cheesy to make her fall but I just said that without thinking, it was not a lie either. I like how Taeyeon touches me.

"I will just miss you Pany," she sweetly said and I smiled.

Then Taeyeon slowly stopped the car, oh, we were already in front of our house. 

Our ride was so fast, I guess.

"Just wait here inside the car," she got out of the car and ran around the other side to open the passenger seat door. "You can come out now, my love," I blushed with what she said then I femininely stepped out of her car.

Taeyeon closed the door and faced me "So I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nodded "Thanks for the ride Tae."

She ducked her head while looking at her fingers, she was fidgeting. This sight was so adorable, she's really cute.

"Oh..." I quickly pecked her cheek as she sheepishly smiled at me.

"I love that but I love you more," she blurted out.

I was totally dumbfounded. 

Love? Is she serious? She loves me?

I tried to open my mouth but no words escaped, my lower lip was quivering.

I wanted to be swallowed by the ground.

I began to wheeze because of the lack of air.

"Are you alright Pany?" She worriedly asked.

I never thought that she would love me that quick. I can't break her heart that easily, I need more time to be with her.

Yeah right. I just need time to make her fall for me harder.

Admit it, you just want to be with her. No, I'm not like her!

You already have feelings for Taeyeon that's why you don't want to hurt her. That's nonsense!

Because if Taeyeon finds out, she will hate you and dump you! No!! That will never happen! I'm the one who will dump her!

"Pany? You don't have to answer, I'm not pressuring you. I can wait," she assured me and I calmed down.

Then someone opened our front door, it's my mom.

"Tiffany? Oh... You have a friend with you?" Mom asked as she walked over us.

"Actually, she's about to leave," I said.

"That's rude, take her inside and offer her a drink," Mom stopped on her track as Taeyeon stepped back, I could hear her low growl.

I frowned.

Mom looked shocked as she gave Taeyeon once over. I glanced at my girlfriend and she looked uncomfortable but alert. It looks like someone will harm her.

"What's your name?" Mom asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon stiffened "Kim Taeyeon."

"Taeyeon... Hmm... Nice to meet you. I'm Tiffany's mother but I allow you to call me auntie. Please come in. I want to know you and allow me to offer you a drink?" Mom sweetly said as she walked inside our house.

It's my mom's nature, she's sweet and caring. Maybe she's just happy to see her daughter has a new friend aside from Summer.

I have friends at school but I don't take them at home.

"Tae, let's go inside?"

Taeyeon seemed hesitating but she nodded and gave me a small smile. I don't know but she's kinda scared so I held her hand.

"Don't worry, my mom won't bite," I gaining a worth perfect big smile from her.

Then we walked inside our house.

 

 

 

 

In the kitchen, mom prepared us cheese rolls and juice.

"So... You're new at school?" Mom asked Taeyeon.

"Yes, just a week ago," Taeyeon politely answered.

"Where are your parents?" Mom asked again. Is this an interview or what?

"They're already dead, they were killed," Killed? What did she mean by that?

"Oh, I'm sorry for that Taeyeon," Mom's eyes softened as she gave sympathy to her.

So, she lived with her own? Maybe she has relatives?

"Not a problem," Taeyeon took a cheese roll and ate it. "This is delicious," she complimented while eating it.

"Thanks dear," Mom said and winked. So they're close now huh?

"Um... Where's your dad Pany?" Taeyeon unexpectedly asked and I looked down.

Mom saddened a bit "Oh, dear he's dead. He was killed too during operation."

"Oh I'm sorry," Taeyeon gave me apologetic look and I smiled at her expressing it's okay.

"Dad and mom are police officers," I butted in.

"Wow, that's great!" Taeyeon was amused as she looked at my mom.

"But now, I don't do operations. I'm stuck in the office," Mom chuckled.

"But I admire police officer like you... auntie. Err, for me, they're like superheroes," I giggled. Taeyeon was acting like a kid or fangirl. 

"Thank you Taeyeon, you know... I really like you, you remind me of someone," Mom gave her eye smile. "I guess, Tiffany is really great finding real friends."

I nodded.

"Friends? We're not friends. She's my girlfriend," Taeyeon opposed.

My eyes went round, my jaw dropped and I froze. 

Really Taeyeon? 

How could she just said that to my mom? It was like, she's telling her that it was not a BIG deal.

"Oh girlfriend?" My mom's eyebrows both cocked in surprise.

Taeyeon innocently nodded. Aisssh! This girl is something! 

Weird! As in very weird!

On the outside, I kept myself being calm and collected but inside I was panicking like crazy!

"Mom, I can exp-"

My mom interrupted me "So you two are dating?"

"Yes, auntie," Taeyeon answered.

Mom stood up "Then don't call auntie Taeyeon, not anymore."

I gulped, I know she's mad right now. 

She will kick Taeyeon out and I'm grounded for a year or more! 

My plan was ruined! Damn it!

"But why?" Taeyeon sadly asked.

"Because you can call me mom, Taeyeon."

My world turned upside down and it stopped for a moment. 

Say what?

"Mom?" Taeyeon looked at my mom in disbelief.

"You're dating my daughter so sooner or later, you'll be part of the family right?" Mom said as if she's so sure. 

Wh-what? What the heck? 

Part of our family? 

Seriously??

Taeyeon and I just met a week ago! You gotta be kidding me!

Taeyeon happily smiled "Mom," she gasped.

I stared at her, and my eyes softened... I think she misses her mother, her parents just like I miss my dad.

Fine, I won't argue! At least, they like each other.

"Good then it settled Taeyeon," my mom winked at her again and smiled.

This was a wonderful scene for me, I thought mom would gonna hate Taeyeon but I'm wrong.

Maybe Taeyeon is really kind hearted and she's exceptional because my mom like her in their first meeting.

When I brought Summer here, it took times before she realized that she like my best friend. Mom don't trust easily that's why I didn't bring friends here because I know they will never meet her standards.

It's my mom's nature. 

She sweet, kind and caring but first you must gain her trust and it really has a trek before you get it.

But how Taeyeon? My mom likes you in just a snap.

You're really something.

I guess.


 

 

 

*****