Friends

My Mate

 

 

 

 

In the canteen, I was sitting beside Summer while eating our lunch. She shared her packed lunch and her mother is really a good cook. These foods were delicious.

While Summer gobbles her share of foods, my eyes caught a beautiful creature. Gosh, she was holding a tray with her meal on it as she was walking towards us.

My heart was pounding wildly in my chest as she met my stare and my body began to shake a little.

Then she stopped at my side "Hi, can I sit with you?" She asked.

Summer took a spoonful of her food while chewing it she answered "Sure, no problem," I mentally rolled my eyes, gross.

Then Taeyeon sat in front of me "Thank you."

Summer swallowed hard, she grabbed a bottled water and drank it.

"Anyway, I'm Summer Choi. Nice to meet you Miss Kim Taeyeon," Summer dusted her hand on her shirt and offered it to Taeyeon, the latter gladly shook their hands.

"Please drop the Miss, call me Taeyeon and I hope that we're friends now?" Taeyeon said as she glanced at me.

"Okay, let's be friends. I bet you already know my best friend Tiffany right? I heard you two were talking in class," Summer noticed that I'm nervous as my hands were fidgeting.

"Are you okay Tiffany?" I quickly nodded to Summer.

"Yes, I know Tif-pany," Taeyeon answered as she stared at me. I giggled on how she pronounced my name. Anyway, I can't blame her. There's no F in Korean alphabet, it's just limited with its 40 fixed characters.

"It's Tifffffany, not Tippany," Summer corrected her and she blushed. She's so adorable.

"It's English name so it's hard for me to say it. My diction isn't good in English," Taeyeon admitted.

"It's okay," I managed to say.

Honestly I hate myself now because I think cat got my tongue. I'm talkative girl and confident, not like this! Only few words slip my mouth and I'm shy! Geez.

Taeyeon grinned at me, I'm quite tense so I averted my eyes from her then I saw my crush! A big smile crept onto my face as Nick looked at me and waved his hand. He was holding a tray of foods.

He still has effect on me, surely, I'm not a lesbian. Maybe I just admire Taeyeon with her natural beauty and I also like her blond hair. That's just it, nothing more.

I sighed in relief.

When Nick was about to pass our table, he stumbled on his feet and awkwardly fell on the floor. His foods also scattered on the floor and his eyeglasses were broken.

I know Nick is nerdy type but he's handsome and being a bookworm is y for me. He's kind too but he's not athletic. He's smart and he respects every individual here in school, a real gentleman. He is Chivalry's reincarnation.

I saw Taeyeon was laughing silently and all students in the canteen. Rude, they're bullies.

I looked down and saw Taeyeon's right foot was outside the table. She tripped Nick on purpose! My blood boiled as my eyebrows snapped together.

I quickly stood up and helped Nick to get up, I glanced at Taeyeon and she was glaring at us.

"Are you okay Nick?" He nodded.

"Yes, thank you Tiffany," I saw bruises on his cute face and I frowned.

"Let's go to the infirmary, you have bruises Nick," I suggested.

"Okay, can you help me to go there?" He requested.

I gave her eye smile and nodded, of course I'm willing to take him there.

"Sure Nick," he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I supported him. 

Oh lord, thank you for this. I could feel his warm body against mine.

Taeyeon slammed the table, I glared at her and she stood up "I'll go with you," she said.

I rolled my eyes, I just wish she didn't propose that. I wanted a quality time with Nick and just him. I looked at Summer, I was waiting for her to come too.

"What?" Summer innocently said. "I'm staying here, just go. I'm eating and I want to finish this."

I groaned quietly.

"Let's go?" Nick asked me.

And I nodded, we started to walk as Taeyeon was just following us. I could feel her hard stare at me.

What's her problem huh? I hate what she did. It's not funny!

In just a snap, my feelings for her changed. 

I mean, I'm starting to dislike her.

 

 

*****