Beta

My Mate

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

When Tiffany left me and Sunny, I pushed the latter on the wall again.

"Cousins? We're not cousins Taeyeon," she smirked.

Yeah, she's not my cousin. I just know her because her family once lived in Jeonju.

Sunny and her family are werewolves too.

And I know she's a beta, she could be an alpha if she wants to. She's like me, we're rogues. No packs, just lone werewolves.

But Sunny was like a private investigator in our species so probably, there's something here in Seoul but she won't tell me. She's still hard headed one.

"I hate this girl, she's so mean!" Toothless said.

"Tell me, what are you doing here?" I asked for the 5th time. I was trembling with my irritation.

"Aishh... still, you are really grumpy Taeyeon! Fine! I'm here to investigate about the alpha," Sunny rolled her eyes and I let her go.

"Alpha? Why?"

"He's dead. You're always late in news." The alpha is dead??

"He killed himself," she added.

"What? Suicide?"

Sunny nodded "But I need to know why."

"Did the elders send you here?"

"Nope, I just want to find out myself. The elders don't mind why, they just want to have new alpha here," Sunny explained.

"But why are they being careless now?" The alpha here isn't just nothing. He's the alpha, they must be concerned to him!

"They said it's just a suicide, they don't want to mess it up. So I went here to find the truth about what happened to the alpha. The pack here was gone, they joined other packs near Seoul. I can't blame them, they're weak without their alpha and also they're just omega," Sunny was twirling her hair as she told it.

But I'm curious about this cryptic case, there's something wrong with this.

"So are you with me, Taeyeon?"

"What?"

"Help me here and I'll help you with your mate, I know, she doesn't know that you're a werewolf... not yet," I bit my lower lip. She's really good with her senses. She's just pretending to be cute and playful to hide how smart and observant she is.

"You will help me with her?"

"Duh, we have dinner with her mom later!" She reminded me and I slapped my forehead for that.

"!"

"See? So help me here?"

"Fine... As if I have a choice but how could I help you Sunshine?" I said bitterly.

"While I'm still here, I will live with you. And I remember, you're servant is our adviser right? We're still young back then." Oh, she still remember Yoona.

"I don't want to live with her!" Toothless whined.

But I have no choice "Okay but you need to pretend as my cousin."

"No problem Taeyeon, deal."




 

 

 

After school, I gave Pany a ride to her home with Sunny of course. Then we went home, I introduced this pink head to Yoona.

We did have little talk and everything but I don't wanna be late in our dinner so I asked Sunny to be ready.

While driving I was explaining things to her but she seemed more interested at her nails as she scrutinized it.

Damn it.

And here we are, in front of Tiffany's house. Before we could go out of my car, I reminded Sunny.

"So you are my cousin, you're originally from Jeonju and you just moved to Incheon. My father and your mom are siblings that's why we have different surnames. Your real name is Soon Kyu and I told Tiffany that you're rich and you are a cheerleader," I took time to muster all of that.

"Why would you say that I'm a cheerleader??" She cocked her brow.

"Umm... I don't know, I just said it," I shrugged. "The rest, just be yourself. Now, please repeat."

Sunny seriously looked at me and took a deep breath "Okay, so... We're cousins." I nodded. I think she listened to me.

Then she continued "I'm originally from Jeju. My father and your mother are siblings, whatever. I'm rich and a cheerleader, my real name is Sunkwang blah blah blah..." she said nonchalantly.

I was jaw dropped, she's not listening to me! This little mutt! 

Toothless growled.

"Jeonju not Jeju! You rambled, my father not yours! Soonkyu and not SunKwang! Damn it Sunny!" I ranted.

"Chill cous, I'm just kidding. I can handle myself. Don't worry!" Sunny sheepishly smiled.

"You better be or I'll bite you."

"So serious, let's go out!" She swiftly went out, I knew, she was just avoiding me.

I shook my head and followed her.

We were at the foyer of Tiffany's house, I was about to knock but her mom opened the door.

"Good evening aunt... I mean... mom," I sweetly said then she hugged me.

Sunny moved back at me as she saw her, she could smell harm with this woman but I doubt that. She's kind like Tiffany, she won't hurt us and she's just a human.

"Oh, is she your cousin that Tiffany mentioned?" Sunny was still hiding at my back.

"Yes mom," I replied while rubbing my arm.

"Come in, feel at home," she said as she beckoned us inside.

I was about to walk in but Sunny held my arm "She's dangerous, I can smell wolf's blood on her!" She mumbled.

I cringed, I didn't smell mom like that "She's not dangerous, she's just a human. Don't be silly, come on! You're just freaking out. My reaction was the same when I first met her but she's no harm, I swear."

"You owe me big, as in really BIG with this," she said then she walked inside leaving me at the foyer by myself.

"There's nothing wrong with mom, I could feel that she's real. I could hear her heartbeat, I just don't like her smell." Toothless said as she sat on her as her forefeet were lifted. She's gesturing like a human, sitting straight, she's really adorable.

Well, I'm adorable.

"She smells blood, maybe, she previously killed criminals during their operations before as police." Toothless tilted her head. "What do you think my human self?"

"I don't care about it, it's Tiffany's mom and she's my mom. I know her heart is good," I murmured to myself.

Then Toothless slowly slid her body again to the ground "Nevermind, just go inside now and see Tiffany! I miss her! Go! Now!"

I tried not to roll my eyes, what a flirty mutt.

But I beamed at the thought of Tiffany, I got inside the house and closed the front door.




 

*****