Mom's Surreptitious

My Mate

 

 

 

"Do you believe in werewolves?" I asked again.

My mom seemed shocked but she kept it cool "Oh, werewolves huh?"

"Yes mom, werewolves."

Mom took a deep breath as she stared at me, her expression changed.

She looked dejected.

"This is about Taeyeon, right?"

My eyes widened and my adrenaline rushed.

"Ho... H.. How..." I couldn't utter a word.

"I knew it the first time we met, Tiffany," Mom exclaimed.

"B-but how? You know that she's... That she's a..."

"A werewolf," she finished my sentence.

"What?" Is this real? Mom knows it?

"You are Taeyeon's mate, you are her destiny but still, it will depend on your decision Tiffany. I think, she told you the truth and showed her wolf side." My jaw dropped when mom said that. 

Everything she said was right.

I was staggered "How did you know it mom? Are you spying us?"

She chuckled "No sweetie, I just know about werewolves."

"But how mom? We're just human, right?"

"Oh, yes. We're a hundred percent human. I just knew that Taeyeon is a werewolf because she looks exactly like her mother. They resemble each other," she explained.

"You know her mother?" I was even more shocked with this revelation of her.

"Yes, I know her because Taeyeon's mother is my best friend," I could see her doleful expression.

Best friend? They're best friends? Mom knew all this but she didn't tell me!

"So you know what happened to her parents? You know that they were killed?"

Mom nodded with sadness in her eyes.

"What happened to them? Can you tell me mom? Tell me everything. I wanna know..." I was anxious to know more about Taeyeon's family and her kind.

"I'm sorry sweetie but not now... I will tell you in the right time."

"But mom..." I was about to argue but she gestured to me to stop.

Fine! Not now but when is the right time? 

I sighed "They look like monsters, mom."

Mom shook her head "They're not monsters Tiffany, they might be different but they're kind and caring creatures. Don't be afraid of them unless you do something bad to them. They're just like us. Human can be monsters too, well, not physically... You get what I mean?" I nodded.

I realized that Taeyeon didn't attack me, she's full of control even if she changed and became a wolf. Giant wolf in particular.

"I remember when some bad people knew about them, they caught one and burned him alive. Harsh, cruel, inhuman... they're hypocrites acting clean and religious but they didn't mind killing a life. And as the time passed by, they built secret organization. They chased and caught werewolves to experiment them. Unfortunately, most of them died. It was like torture to them," Mom was reminiscing as she glumly said it.

Based on what she said, werewolves are not really monsters but us, human.

"But werewolves are stronger than human so they decided to fight back. They broke down that secret organization. After that, they keep their profile low and never show themselves to human again. That's the reason why I didn't tell anyone, even to you. I wanted to protect them."

"How did you know this?"

"Because I witnessed it. I'm sorry  but that's all I can say to you right now sweetie."

"From the start you knew that I'm Taeyeon's mate? Is it okay to you? I mean, you didn't say anything in our relationship mom." She didn't even question my uality.

"Yes I know that you are her mate because in Taeyeon's age, she must have found her mate. It's okay to me Tiffany as long as you are happy with her. I will accept you no matter what because you are my daughter. I love you sweetie," Mom hugged me tightly. Yeah right, mom didn't know my plan. 

"Thank you mom, I love you too," and I hugged her back.

I slowly pulled away to face her "Mom... Um... Do you know some ways to get along with werewolves?"

Mom's face brightened and stood up then she dragged me to her room. She opened her closet and rummaged there as she pulled a box. I think it's 10 inches in all sides.

"Of course, I know. My best friend is a werewolf."

Then she opened the box, I saw things that I didn't expect to see.

These things will help me to get along with Taeyeon in her wolf form.

I'm not a wuss, I will face her again with that appearance.

I want to be with her.

Weird but I feel belong to her.

So I just need to be brave, give her a chance and talk. I realized that I didn't give her a chance to talk. I shut her up and accused her as a monster.

I am the real monster because I judged her. I am, not her.

So I will make it up to her when she get back here.

This wasn't a game anymore.

I want her for real.




 

*****

 

 

 

 

NP: Superwoman by Gong Minji ♥

More chapters? Then make some ruckus, my posse!