8 - Our Game Plan

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

“What is up with you?” Mingyu asked as he passed Yuna and Luda their herb buns and bottles of honeycomb juice, a favourite and must-eat items for fairies. “Jeez, these aren’t even tasty. Why can you eat them?”

“Shut it, omnivore.” Luda snatched her food from his hand and she took a bite from it as she began observing Yuna, who’s eating her lunch while watching the basketball team. “And hey, of all places you would want to watch basketball players, do we need to watch here, where the team, and mind you, the cheerleaders would see us?” She added with sarcasm.

Dawon, who was eating manna bread also asked, “I know this place is very airy, but honey, why?” They were located on the viewing deck of the basketball gym where at one look up, everyone can see them. They weren’t the only ones in the viewing deck, but they were the only group who has that many connections down there.

Yuna chewed on her bread and looked at Seungcheol, who was currently playing together with Seokwoo against the players of Manila Unnatural High, another high school from Unnaturals in a different city. She saw Sojung and her bored expression by the sides of the bleachers. “Looks like Sojung got forced by Seokwoo to watch his game.” Luda explained as she continued munching on her food. “She makes that expression whenever Seokwoo makes her watch his games.”

Yuna watched the boys shoot, dunk and steal. But most importantly, she watches their strings. Sojung may look uninterested, but her strings fail to hide her excitement whenever Seungcheol or Seokwoo makes a hoop. The gold-red string between them tightens whenever Seungcheol shoots, and Yuna can’t help but be fascinated by it. Sojung and Seungcheol may be apart from each other physically, but their strings still connect them.

She saw them lock eyes for a second then Yuna began feeling their heartbeats.

 

“They said whenever you start chasing hearts, you end up feeling their hearts.”

Seungcheol’s heart began to beat faster than usual, and Sojung’s heart jumped when they locked eyes. He tried to smile at her, but his half-smile soon faded when he saw Jeonghan, a nephilim, according to Luda’s data, smiled and gave Sojung a sandwich and soda, and he sat next to her. Yuna noticed that they have blue strings connected to them. “What a beautiful but unfated relationship.” Yuna can only breathe a sad sigh that was left noticed by her partner, who’s now sitting next to her.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Well, Sojung-unnie and Jeonghan-ssi are a sad story.” She looked up at him. “Hey, aren’t these two friends?” She asked, eventually pointing at Seungcheol and then Jeonghan.

“Best of friends, actually.” Seokmin clarified as he drank from his extra-spicy chilli shake. “Damn, this drink is extra hot so it’s extra good.” When he was done sipping from the drink, he began to add, “They grew up together, with Joshua-hyung, Dongho-hyung, werewolf Jonghyun-hyung, Minki-hyung and Minhyun-hyung, also, me and Mingyu live in the same dorm as them.”

“Then what’s with them?” She asked, referring to Sojung and Jeonghan's relationship.

“It just happened. Boys take dating a friend’s ex-girlfriend much lightly than girls do.” He stopped for a bit then suddenly, Yuna’s face brightened, as she thought of an idea to get more information other than Dawon’s background of the study, which she finished telling earlier. Of course Yuna’s thankful that Dawon gave her the background of the story, but she needs more than just the past in order to match up the exes and extract the damned golden heart, and she just thought of the most perfect idea.

“Luda!” She called the fairy of Knowledge. “So how do we get make up a request for a task?”

“We bring it up to Ahin to rank it according to levels then bring it to Chaeyeon to note it then to Youngbin-oppa to sign it. Why’d you ask?” The girl narrowed her eyes. “Don’t tell me you have fairy jobs to do already?”

“It’s about my task.”

 

Oops. Yuna said that out loud.

“What task?” Seokmin suddenly asked. “Come to think about it, Chaeyeon and Luda had to find seven whatsoevers in order to keep their fairy title by the end of the semester. What about you?”

Yuna sighed, looks like she has to tell them about it. “I have to find seven golden hearts. It’s similar to the rose we formed during Seokwoo and Seungcheol’s match.” She looked at Seungcheol, who was passing the ball to Seokwoo. “And I have to get one from Seungcheol and Sojung-unnie.”

“So that’s why you were asking about Sojung and Seungcheol.” Dawon nodded with the realization. She glanced at Luda, asking, “We can file a pack task, right? The graded tasks we can do to help one another.”

Luda nodded, and commended her wit. “Smart, Dawon. We can get points, and Yuna will benefit from it, too.” The fairy smiled at her friends and smirked, “Alrighty, then. Let’s get to work.”

 

Well, getting a pass for the pack task was easy. What makes it different from ordinary tasks is that if one of your pack members is a fairy and she or he needs help, then the pack would like to do it to help one another, they can file a request to do it themselv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter