11 - Dinners

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The team rushed to catch Seokmin’s falling body. They laid him down on the grass and saw his wounds. He was scarred on the wrist, and his arm is bleeding, same with his legs. “Hey, what happened?” Yuna asked as she began sprinkling fairy dust on his wounds. He yelped in pain as the fairy dust began to sting on his arm. “Sorry, did that hurt?”

Luda rolled her eyes. “Of course it is, Yuna. We all know that Fairy magic can cure a Draconian, but it’s gonna take a lot more than just stinging for him.”

Seokmin yelped once more. “Hey, it hurts!”

Mingyu held him down. “Keep it down, will you? You’re heavy!”

Seokmin glared at his friend. “You should try this, alright? Try this treatment.”

“I’d love to! I love fairy dust!” Mingyu retorted.

“Just shut up.” Luda shot Mingyu a glare and shot one at Seokmin, too. “Both of you.” She began sprinkling fairy dust on his leg wounds, too. “Stop whining about it, this is the easiest way to get rid of your damned wounds.”

“Actually, it’s not.” Dawon moved to the other side and softly pushed Zuho away. She knelt on Seokmin’s side and she pulled a knife from her bag, then she slit her wrist. She bit her lower lip to not let a pained moan escape from .

“Hey!” Yugyeom called her out. “Blood loss is bad for you.” He complained. “We know that Strzygas only have 50% of what regular Unnaturals have, if you lose more than what should remain for you to stay alive—“

“I’ll be fine, Yugyeom, please.” She smiled a reassuring smile, and she squeezed her wrist a bit more. Seokmin definitely felt his wounds healing, slowly but surely. However, it didn’t take long before she felt herself weakening out of blood loss. “Ow.” She moaned. “How many wounds does he still have?”

“Four more. Can your blood take it?” Yuna asked with worry in her eyes.

“I don’t think my blood can hold on for more than another wound.” She said as she gulped. “I might have to close my wound soon. I’m sorry.” Seokmin pushed off her arm with his leg. Flustered, she asked, “But it’s not yet done!”

“We can’t have another patient in this area, Dawon.” Seokmin smiled him a reassuring smile, the same smile Dawon gave the rest of them when she started to slit her wrist for him. “I’ll be alright; I’ll endure the fairy dust. Please don’t hurt yourself.” He moaned another moan of pain. “Can’t it get a little easier for me?”

Luda shook her head. “It doesn’t, and it won’t, little lamebrain.”

 “Lamebrain? What does that mean?” Seokmin looked up at Mingyu.

The latter shrugged. “How would I know? Luda has some sort of dictionary in her head whenever she wants to curse us, though?” He let out another sigh. “So that probably means stupid, dumb or any of its synonyms.”

“Not helping my recovery, Mingyu and Luda.”

Just then, Jennie thought of something. “Byullie-unnie is studying Strzyga Medicine. I think she can help Seokmin without losing much blood.” She looked at her watch. “She should be at home by now.”

Yugyeom changed to his werewolf form and the girls pulled Seokmin to his back. Mingyu rode on Yugyeom’s back and looked at Jaehwan’s pack. “You guys should go on ahead. We’ll take it from here. I heard from Seungkwan that Jaehwan is needed back in Vocals.” He looked over at Siyeon and Jinyoung. “And your packmates are looking for you. Looks like they took a job somewhere.”

“We’ll bring you to Byullie unnie, first.” Jennie spoke as she brought out her wings once more. Zuho transformed into his hound form, and Dawon transformed to her bird form. “Follow me!”

Yuna and Luda flew up, and smiled at the three who will make their leave. “Thank you, I’ll give some gifts after we cure Seokmin!”

Jinyoung nodded. “Noona, I don’t like fairy blood!”

Siyeon nodded at Jinyoung’s statement. “I don’t, too!”

“I like fairy blood!” Yuna just rolled her eyes and chuckled at Jaehwan’s bold statement.

“Noted!” And with that, Yuna and her pack dashed off to follow Jennie and find this Byullie-unnie.

 

Byullie’s dorm is not far from the school. Dawon’s a fellow Strzyga but she hasn’t met this person before. She’s one of the older Strzygas, and Dawon isn’t exactly close to seniors since the Minhyun issue. Yuna glanced at Dawon who seems to be pacing nervously as the boys and Jennie bring Seokmin inside the dorm. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Yuna asked. Luda also noticed Dawon’s uneasiness.

But the girl just shook it off. “It’s nothing, really.” She shrugged then opened the door, and she came in first. The two fairies shot a glance of understanding.

“I think Dawon is more than just an unopened book, is she not?” Luda asked Yuna and Yuna gave her a nod of agreement.

“We may be just seeing the tip of the iceberg here.  I suspect that she’s more than just what we see.”

“I agree.” The two entered the dormitory. The dorm’s exterior is a tall, black, structure with one door and big windows. It has its name, “Dormitorique” on the topmost of the building. When they came inside, the grand lobby faced them. Maintaining the black theme of the structure, the chairs, the desk and the chandelier is also black. From the lobby, the canteen can be seen at the right side and the stairs that probably lead to the rooms are on the left side. There are a few kids in the lobby, some, Yuna can’t really recall. She rushed to Seokmin’s side and looked at his wounds. Of course, Dawon’s blood closed off one wound, but not all of them. He has a total of seven wounds. Dawon closed off one, Yuna and Luda also closed off one each, the hard way. So he still has four wounds. And these four are the deepest/

“If we give him fairy dust, he might die with pain.” Yuna explained. “Fairy dust is easy healing for everyone except Draconians, much like any other fairy perks.” She looked for Jennie. “Where’s Jennie?” She asked Zuho.

He answered, “She came up to call Byullie-noona.” She raised a brow, and he seems to understand her question easily. “She lives here.”

“And you?”

“I live with my parents.”

Yuna blinked. Oh no. She hurriedly took her phone from her bag and saw what she expected --- Five missed calls from Mom. It’s almost six in the evening and her Dad’s coming home tonight! She excused herself from her friends and dialled her mom, just to not let her fuming get worse. And just as she expected, it was already in heat when her mom picked up the phone on its second ring.

“CHOI YUNA WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“Mom, hi!” She shyly answered. “I’m in Dormitorique.”

She heard her mom let out an “EH?” but she soon asked, “Why?” She noted that her mom calmed down for a bit, and it’s good that she did. “Aren’t you coming home for dinner?”

“I am. What’s for dinner?”

“Your fairy father is coming home so I might cook fairy cow skewers.”

“Okay, I will. Just in a bit. My draconian partner got hurt when we were in a job.”

She heard her mom laugh out loud through the phone. “Oh, what, did you try curing him with fairy dust?”

“Sort of.”

“Yuna, my love, we draconians don’t find fairy dust beneficial. Did you bring him to the hospital?”

Yuna shook her head. “No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter