10 - Let's Meet Again

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Try to look for the reason why the gold string was attached to them, instead of trying to be nosy about the story. Yuna couldn’t help but contemplate about what Yongsun said the night before. Today’s the day directly right after the day they went to meet Yongsun. After Physical Ed today, the pack decided to meet up in Unnatural Brews for the usual reasons such as their favourite food. Since Yuna doesn’t take major classes with her pack-mates, she went first alone. That morning, earlier, a pack got scolded by their homeroom adviser since they took an S-class task out of greed. Yikes. The professor’s sermon was so long that Yuna and her pack weren’t able to fill the pieces in completely. She definitely got some of the gist, like Seungcheol’s dad hating Sojung, and that random fact that Yongsun gave out, that Sojung likes pumpkins but does the pumpkin fact matter, really? She heaved a heavy sigh as she looked up at the ceiling. Their love still confused her to the bones. Why is there a golden string if they already threw their love away for their families? It was confusing to her, but to her predecessor, it seems to fall into place. Everything falls into place for the other, but not to her. Maybe she isn’t fit to be the Fairy of Love. Maybe she would have to leave Busay Falls after a semester.

“Are you out of your mind, though?”

Yuna’s eyes widened when she saw Luda with her food and pulling a seat in front of her. “You’ve been reading my head?”

“Your thoughts were too loud. I was outside and I could hear it.” She sat down in front of Yuna and she took a bite from her veggie burger. “And hey, Yuna. You, by far, are the nosiest fairy I’ve met.”

“Is that a compliment?”

“No, it’s not,” then she took a sip from her Choco Fairy Milk. “But it’s not an insult either. You’re doing fine. I know Arin gave you some trauma issues about this gold heart stuffs but you’ll get used to it, promise.” Yuna turned her head away, which angered Luda a bit. “I’m bad with emotions but I’m trying to cheer you up here.”

“I know, thank you.” Yuna smiled sadly as Dawon also entered the cafe. She sat directly on one of the seats without ordering. “You aren’t eating?”

Dawon shook her head. “I’m not hungry, thank you.” Yuna moved her honeycomb juice near Dawon, so she can drink when she feels like it. “The guys told us to start without them.”

Yuna raised a brow, asking for an answer. “Why?”

“Yugyeom and Mingyu are stuck in Controlling Your Inner Self class while Seokmin went to meet the other Dragons for Dragon Week.”

“Dragon Week? What’s that?” Yuna asked.

“It’s a week for the dragons, of course! There will be dragon-like activities for one whole week, and it’s going to be held this Monday so they have to prepare for it.” Dawon explained, and Yuna got it easily. “Now, should we talk about what we got?”

Yuna nodded. “What did you guys get?” The two girls both gave her papers. It was their findings, and Yuna also took out hers and Seokmin’s findings about the Woncheol couple. Something caught Yuna’s eye. She took out her yellow pad from her bag and her pen and she began writing everything, so that it would make sense to her, and her pack. Luda and Dawon were both amazed by her speed.

“That’s me when I archive.” Luda commented.

“That’s me when I have 3 minutes left to solve five more problems in math.” Dawon chuckled.

“I hate math.”

“Me too.”

“I hate that our chemistry has math.”

“I hate that our physics has math.”

Luda raised a brow at Dawon. “Physics is SUPPOSED to have math.”

The Strzyga smiled smugly and scratched her back. “Now, does it?”

It didn’t take Yuna long before she was able to finish summarizing whatever may have happened between Seungcheol and Sojung. She passed her yellow paper to the two, and they were at awe with the timeline she wrote it was detailed properly. “Sojung’s mom, as we all know, was killed by Seungcheol’s dad. Sojung and Seokwoo moved to their grandmother’s after the death and then on the same year, Seungcheol’s grandmother died. The Banshee who predicted Seungcheol’s grandmother’s death was Sojung. A few years after they met in Busay High School and became a couple – “ She stopped for a bit when realization began to hit her. “They both met each other, both yearning for revenge. And then they loved. It was so beautiful back then.” She remembered what Yongsun said the night before.

“What is it?”

“They both met each other for revenge.” This realization began giving pain to Yuna. “They went to date each other for vengeance but then they found love!” Tears began strolling down Yuna’s face. “Seungcheol and Sojung-unnie both wanted revenge. Seungcheol, perhaps still innocent about banshees, thought that his grandma died because of Sojung-unnie, so he wanted to get revenge, and Sojung-unnie, knowing that Seungcheol’s family tore her family apart, wanted to break Seungcheol. But in the end they fell in love.” Yongsun-unnie was right, it WAS beautiful.

Luda became confused. It was only rumours until last night, but now that they confirmed it, she realized that Unnaturals were much like humans. “Then what happened next?” They love hard. She realized.

“They broke up because of Seungcheol’s father who detested Sojung-unnie so much.” She raised a brow at Dawon. “Why didn’t you note the exact reason?”

“Too disgusting.”

“Wait.” Luda suddenly intervened. “If they broke up already, why is there a gold string between them, as you said?”

“That,” Yuna bit her lower lip. “I’m not sure.”

“We may need that to extract the heart, you know?”

Yuna nodded. “So what do we do now?”

Dawon asked, “Should we kidnap Seokwoo and ask him?”

“Too risky.”

“What about Wheein?”

“She and her boyfriend are leaving Busay for a date tonight.”

“Should we just kidnap the two of them to make up?”

Luda immediately shot the suggestion down. “We would be dead in the discipline office and the three of us will be stripped off our titles.”

Yuna began thinking. “What about an unseen monster attack?”

Luda shrugged. “I wanted to suggest that but I don’t know anyone who can do monster summoning.”

Yuna blinked. “I know one.”

“You know people other than us? That’s new.”

“I sort of saved him during the waterfall incident. Let’s pay him a visit.”

 

Yuna waited in front of the school’s show choir club, Vocals of Busay with her friends, Luda and Dawon. They were waiting for one of the people Yuna saved, Jaehwan. He’s a demon who, according to Luda’s data, mastered monster summoning despite only having it as an elective for less than two years. She can hear high notes from the hall and loud dancing. She saw Soonyoung inside, too, teaching them choreography for their competition. He may look like a fool outside the choir room, but Yuna thinks he looks hot teaching the others to dance.

Did I just say – no – think about it? Snap out of it, Yuna!

“Yeah, snap out of it, your thoughts are too loud, Yuna.” Luda scolded her. “I think I should teach you how to keep your thoughts inside, next time.”

“Right.”

“Soonyoung is single.”

“Shut up.”

Dawon beamed, “You like Soonyoung?!”

“I don’t.”

“Says the fairy who called him hot just now.”

“Shut it, Luda.”

Dawon hushed the two fairies.  “Shh, they’re coming out!” One-by-one, kids from the show choir passed by them, and when Soonyoung saw Yuna, the girls threw glances at the two as the hellhound beamed at the sight of his favourite fairy.

“Hey there, Yuna!”

“H-hey.” Yuna stuttered, unable to hide the embarrassment the girls are giving her.

“Been a while since I last seen you! How’s fairy work?”

“Fine, I guess.” Before it got more awkward, Yuna went straight to the point. “Um, can I please ask for Jaehwan? I have some business with him.”

Soonyoung acted like he was hurt but he quickly moved on when he realized that Yuna wasn’t buying it. “Sorry about that.” He laughed and went back to the choir room. “Yah, Kim Jaehwan! Fairy of Love’s looking for you!” He smiled and waved goodbye. “I got to go, I have Dance Club next!”

“You must be tired. Stop by my office for tea some time.”

He nodded and left, then afterwards, Jaehwan came out. Yuna noted that he’s not very tall. But one time, in PE class, she heard him laugh like an actual maniac. Almost as if his demon form took over him in class. “Ey, it’s Yuna! What can I do for you?”

“Let’s go to my office.”

“Alrighty.” The three girls and Jaehwan went downstairs to Yuna’s office. The pink interior is still pink, and the blue heart she got a few weeks ago is displayed on a vase on her table. Jaehwan sat on the consultation chair while Yuna and the girls sat behind the table. “So, what is it?”

“You need to summon a monster for me.”

“Well, you’re horribly blunt.” Jaehwan remarked.

“We’re just on a rush.” Luda clarified.

“Okay, so what monster do you need? A monster for what occasion, exactly? I can get you a monster who can dance to bars or a monster that’s hot.” He said with a confident smile.

Yuna was about to answer him when they heard a knock on the door, it’s the three boys. Mingyu smiled his usual canine teeth and apologized. “Hey, sorry we’re late; we had to go through full moon simulation.” They entered the room one by one and Luda passed them the summary and a piece of paper. Mingyu stared at the paper then back at Luda. “Luda, what’s this?”

“Go up to Ahin, and ask her to request this.” The paper Luda passed her is a request paper for a fairy job.

“Sorry, but why do you need two actresses?” Yugyeom asked then he pretend-flicked his hair. “I can pass, you know?”

Luda groaned and pushed them out of the room, “Just go!”

“Fine, fine!” Luda slammed the door shut behind them and the boys sighed.

Disappointed, Seokmin heaved a heavy sigh. “Just as we thought that we can get free airconditioning inside Yuna’s office.”

“I thought you’re immune to fire.”

“Not to my surrounding’s heat, though.”

“Alright, let’s just get this request filed so we can finally take our break inside Yuna’s office. Our whole day was TIRING.” Mingyu added and they began running from the first floor to the second floor.

Back inside the office, when Luda kicked the other boys out, Yuna returned to briefing Jaehwan. “So, we need a monster that looks dangerous. A big one, but not a super-powerful one. The type that we can destroy with fairy dust.”

“A training partner?” Jaehwan asked. “What for?”

“Not a training partner, though.” Dawon clarified. “We want a unprecedented monster attack.”

“Attack who? Did someone mess with your pack already? This early?”

“I’m trying to get a golden heart, Jaehwan.” Finally, Yuna said it. Jaehwan knows the pain the first heart, the one from Minhyun and Jooeun, caused her.

He immediately recognized this strategy. He worked for Yongsun last year, too. “Ah, so you’re doing the save the princess thing?” Yuna and the girls nodded. “There’s a monster called T’ien Kou. It’s big, and scary unless tamed. I have seven of them, if that’s enough for your plan.”

Luda began explaining to Yuna what a T’ien Kou is. “These monsters are really big. They have a physique of a dog, but a capability of a dragon. Fairy dust can usually cause paralysis to them.”

“I’ll just summon one right here, right now.”

“Don’t!” The two girls who knew about T’ien Kou’s, Dawon and Luda, chorused.

“Yuna has potions in this room.” Luda reminded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter