6 - First Matching

Fairies and Dragons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 – First Matching

 

The rain poured endlessly on that Thursday morning, and Yuna was not going to let her wings get drenched again for the second time this week so she had to wait in the bus stop with her wings retracted unto her back. Some kids who live in the same street as her were also waiting for the bus to arrive. She looked up to the sky and noted the darkness of the sky. Looks like the rain is not gonna end soon. She heaved a heavy sigh and she grabbed her smartphone, a gadget she bought from a human mall prior to her election as the new fairy of love. The Unnatural world is basically too entangled with the human world, so pretty much everyone in class has one, and a personal computer in their houses.

As she was beginning to text her mother who’s at home, probably eating, she noticed one of the students. She was wearing a knee-high pair of boots and a raincoat. She had these big, blue eyes that seem to sparkle a bit. Yuna thought she was pretty, but maybe not Chaeyeon-level pretty, but still pretty enough. To her, the girl looks like she’s trying to avoid the water more than her, and Yuna can’t help but wonder why. She just shrugged it off as the bus arrived at her stop and the students begin entering the bus. Luckily, she still had a seat left, so she sat there. Most of the passengers were students, if not, elderly Unnaturals who are probably going to the market, some parents with their children, and much more. Her stop’s the last stop before school so she totally understands why there’s only one seat left.

And honestly, it didn’t take her long to get to the school. The gates were filled with running, hydrophobic Unnaturals trying their best not to get wet, some couples sharing an umbrella as she saw one holding hands. Unlucky them, though, they aren’t that fated. She would want to be hydrophobic or water-hating for today, but she found that there are more kids having a harder time than her. Mermaids can’t get wet, because they’ll grow tails. Fire Elementals can’t get wet, too, because their powers cancel out at the touch of fire. Dragons tolerate fire a lot better than them.

“Yuna, good morning!” Speaking of dragons. She sighed as she saw Seokmin’s wide- smile first thing in the morning. It’s not like she’s grown tired of it, though. She sees him all the time. It’s been three days since school started, and she’s been hanging around him, Luda and Mingyu in Luda’s office. Apparently, Mingyu likes gossips and Seokmin is closest to Mingyu in his clique whereas Yuna is closest to Luda. Sojung hasn’t been in her office at all since Seungcheol and Seokwoo’s fight, and she’s seen Soonyoung every once in a while in the cafeteria, but since he’s been trying out for the dance club, they pretty much didn’t have the time to chit-chat. She’s also seen Dongho and Wheein, but since they had irregular classes for the last two days, she hasn’t been talking to the couple.

“Good morning to you, too, Seokmin.” Yuna answered with a smile in return. “Where’s Mingyu?”

“He went to the Assembly Hall first. He’s working with Luda in the Props Department.”

“Why do they need the Props Department for a Welcome Assembly, though?”

Seokmin shrugged. “I don’t know, honestly.”

Yuna just sighed as they continued walking to the Assembly Hall. Today’s the Welcome Assembly. Although school started unofficially two weeks ago, it’s yet to begin officially today. The students have been taking irregular classes, classes wherein Professors decide whether they would go to class or not, for two weeks already, and today marks their official first day. When they got to the Assembly Hall, one of the biggest buildings in school, more than half drenched students filled the place. Yuna and Seokmin aren’t, so they just left their umbrellas out to dry. The hall had like, twenty large glass windows, and two floors. The second floor holds the bleachers while the first floor has the grounds, sparkling and polished neatly. The stage is tall, and it has the podium on the centre and four chairs arranged properly, probably for school heads.

“All 1st year to 6th year students fall in line on the floor, 7th year to 12th year students, please go to the bleachers for the conference, thank you.” Youngbin, the fairy of leadership, also one of Yuna’s colleagues, spoke upon entrance of the students. He smiled brightly when he saw Yuna. “Good morning, Yuna.”

She took note of his uniform which looked altered for occasion. Instead of the usual white coat for everyone and the baston-styled pants for boys, Youngbin has a dark green shirt, loose pants closed-off with army boots, and he has a sword on his right side. “What’s with the outfit?”

“Ah, I’m a part of the Cadets of Busay, we take charge in helping the Professors during Assembly.” He pointed at Seokmin. “Your dragon friend here left the team last semester.”

Seokmin scratched his head and just smiled widely, “Sorry, Hyung. It’s getting hectic for me.”

He nodded as he patted Seokmin on his shoulder. “I know, but come back on your 7th year, alright?” He looked over at Yuna, next. “So, do you have a club to join in, soon?”

Yuna shook her head. “I don’t even know my year level, Oppa.”

The two boys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter